Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCQF Game 2 GDT - Red Wings 5 @ Ducks 4 OT (Series tied, 1-1)

• Please log in to reply
1156 replies to this topic

#1141 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm really happy for this guy:

damien-brunner.jpg?w=600&h=400

Brunner!!! Hell of a game for him last night! He was flying, carrying the puck, and making smart good plays. Looked very confident. Love our third line! Just wish Tatar could be put in somewhere

Edited by Flipper51, 03 May 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#1142 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Brunner!!! Hell of a game for him last night! He was flying, carrying the puck, and making smart good plays. Looked very confident. Love our third line! Just wish Tatar could be put in somewhere

Next year.

#1143 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

it was absolute 'holly s***' game at honda last night!

terrific red wings crowd, countless 'lets go red wings' and 'refs you suck' chants - we lost our voices. :D

I saw at least two octopis thrown on the ice...

the last 10 minutes of 3rd, it was heart pounding and hand trembling that didn't stop during 3rd intermission.

I was jumping like crazy when Gus scored this beauty!!

GO WINGS (in 5)!!

#1144 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Howard has to be better if we wanna win this series. The defense is going to give up those chances, and some of those goals were soft even if the defense did leave him out to dry. Hes a 5mil goalie, and a huge part of the team. Time to show it.

#1145 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Agreed. He really impressed me last night.

Gotta wonder - what happens if he lifts that puck behind the net and scores lacrosse-style? We probably win, blow-out-style.

Howard has to be better if we wanna win this series. The defense is going to give up those chances, and some of those goals were soft even if the defense did leave him out to dry. Hes a 5mil goalie, and a huge part of the team. Time to show it.

It's true.

Edited by Dabura, 03 May 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1146 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

I said it in the GDT earlier tonight: Nyquist is hungry.

Tears up the AHL, then struggles to light the lamp on The BIg Stage. Can't imagine it's been sitting well with him - which makes this goal that much sweeter.

Honestly if he struggled as a first time NHLer then so did Datsyuk.

Datsyuk had 14 points in his first 40 games,  Nyquist had 13 in his first 40 games. Datsyuk was 23 btw for all of those games, Nyquist was 22 for half of them. People that wrote off Nyquist because he didn't put up Calder numbers needs to realize he wasn't playing 16 minutes a game like Zetterberg did his rookie year. Nyquist is producing for the minutes he's playing, if we played him as much as Rangers play Hagelin he would be just as effective. Nyquist played 8 minutes and 45 seconds last night. I mean come on.

Edited by Carman, 03 May 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#1147 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Nyquist will see more time soon. He has talent.

#1148 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

Honestly if he struggled as a first time NHLer then so did Datsyuk.

Datsyuk had 14 points in his first 40 games,  Nyquist had 13 in his first 40 games. Datsyuk was 23 btw for all of those games, Nyquist was 22 for half of them. People that wrote off Nyquist because he didn't put up Calder numbers needs to realize he wasn't playing 16 minutes a game like Zetterberg did his rookie year. Nyquist is producing for the minutes he's playing, if we played him as much as Rangers play Hagelin he would be just as effective. Nyquist played 8 minutes and 45 seconds last night. I mean come on.

and scored the gwg, Brunner got 11:38 and registered 3 points

#1149 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

IMO if Jimmy stops that Getzlaf goal the Wings would have won 4-1 or 4-2, the Ducks got so much energy from that goal and without it I don't think they would have even come close to knotting it up. Oh well they won in the end so no harm done.

I'm hoping Jimmy can shrug it off and come out strong next game, he usually plays quite well after a rough game.

Also can't believe some people wanted Nyquist or Brunner to sit in favor of Bert, that would have been a massive mistake both of them had great games.

Edited by paulb1320, 03 May 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#1150 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Now that was something last night. My heart was pounding like crazy. I'm just glad that Gus scored early in ot!!! Have to play a full 60 next game.. Sucks about DD being out for the rest of the playoffs though

IPB Image

#1151 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

[quote name="Dabura" post="2395266" timestamp="1367599337"]

Agrred. He really impressed me last night.

Gotta wonder - what happens if he lifts that puck behind the net and scores lacrosse-style? We probably win, blow-out-style.

Ya I know that the lacrosse move didn't work, but him attempting that is a sign. Shows he feels confident and isn't playing timid or basic

#1152 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Agrred. He really impressed me last night.

It's true.

He was dumb for even attempting the Michigan move during a playoff game. I cringe when I see players try it during the regular season. During the playoffs, I could just see Babcock cringing hard. Showing confidence? Maybe, but in reality, it was dumb to even attempt. Just dish the puck and get it moving.

**edit** for the uneducated: this is why it's the "Michigan move" and certainly never should be called the "Crosby"

Edited by evilzyme, 03 May 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#1153 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

any video of brunner trying it i missed it

#1154 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I call it the Wolverine.

Dunno if I'd call him dumb for trying it. Our team could use a little moxy.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1155 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

I call it the Wolverine.

Dunno if I'd call him dumb for trying it. Our team could use a little moxy.

For sure. I like it when the guys play with swagger.

#1156 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

my favorite part about the gw goal (besides that it was the gw goal) is that it was #10 for the lame ducks who got burned by flip's excellent toe drag delay move before he dished it to gus. i'm gonna focus on how well gus and brunner played rather than the breakdowns that led to the ducks getting back in the game.

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#1157 wingschamps

wingschamps

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

Anyone got a video of ken and mick calling the winner?  can't find it on youtube

IPB Image

Thanks Offsides