• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings sign D Nick Jensen to a 2 year entry contract

Rate this topic

I recall reading somewhere that this was sort of a make or break year for Jensen given how well the other defensive prospects are developing, so he must have impressed. That or they're planning on leaving Backman and Marchenko in Europe for another year. I don't see how they can take on contracts for the two Euros plus Sproul, Oulette, Nedomlel, and now Jensen too.

how big is he? is there anymore info on this kid?

6'1 195lbs

Was recently named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association defensive player of the year.

Was named a NCAA West First-Team All-America.

Signing a pro contract means he will forego his senior season at St Cloud, and likely play for the Griffins next year.

Jensen is a good puck moving RHed shooting Dman. he will be in GR for at least 1 year, maybe both. The griffins are going to have a very talented, but very young blueline next year: Nicastro, Sproul, Oullet, Jensen, big Ned. 3 of those 5 are RHed shots! Add in Almqvist and keep Evens for leadership, looks very good!

of course this also provides us with lots of parts for trades if needed-which it is.......

Edited by Richdg

Comments from Jiri Fischer this spring:

“Every game I’ve seen him, he was the hardest competitive guy (on the ice) and he’s got the heart of a lion,” said Red Wings director of player development Jiri Fischer. “He’s in people’s faces, he’s taking people’s space away thanks to his skating, and he makes great outlet passes. He’s had a great year and we’re really happy with his development.”

Jensen is a good puck moving RHed shooting Dman. he will be in GR for at least 1 year, maybe both. The griffins are going to have a very talented, but very young blueline next year: Nicastro, Sproul, Oullet, Jensen, big Ned. 3 of those 5 are RHed shots! Add in Almqvist and keep Evens for leadership, looks very good!

of course this also provides us with lots of parts for trades if needed-which it is.......

Don't forget about Marchenko! All signs point to him coming over from Russia to play NA hockey. Oh, and he's also a righty.

...and then Backman coming over the following season.

I'm guessing guys like Nedomlel, and Nicastro will likely be pushed to the ECHL to make room for these guys.

Sproul Ouellet

Marchenko Backman

Almqvist Jansen

Nicastro Nedomlel

De Haas McKee

Solid looking defensive prospects.

Living in saint cloud and watching him play, lot of huskies fans sad to see him leave. He was by far best defensemen we had. He's very smart player, very rare is he out of position. Not afraid to skate the puck up. Got a solid shot. And I can't wait to see him play with Griffins and hopefully Red Wings!

Sweet, can he replace Danny?

He put up better offensive numbers all through their careers.

I can't say I know too much about Jensen, his accomplishments are pretty impressive, he has a pretty good build, not big, but not really small. Being a right handed shot is huge too, not bad for a 5th round pick here. Our defensive prospects very well might be the best in the league, and I'm not just saying that.

Guest The Axe

Our blue line's gonna be absolutely sick in five years-ish.

NOW!!!

Its ok to be excited now! We've forgotten that.