• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

For those that haven't seen it, and based on the channel it is on I would bet most, This saturday night at 9pm EST on the Hallmark Channel the are premiering: Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story. Set your DVR's and watch it. I would bet that being the Hallmark Channel it is going to be very very PG. But we should support the effort to tell the story of Mr Hockey!

#2 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I saw it on CBC last week.  Just a heads up, this is about the time after he retired from the Wings and how he got back into hockey afterwards.  It doesn't cover anything else.  Still a good story and I must admit I teared up at the end.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#3 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I saw it on CBC last week.  Just a heads up, this is about the time after he retired from the Wings and how he got back into hockey afterwards.  It doesn't cover anything else.  Still a good story and I must admit I teared up at the end.

Damn you to hell! Don't spoil it like that!

#4 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

*sniff*  Sorry.

Didn't mean to ruin it for anyone, but it wasn't anything like I expected and just wanted people to be aware that it's not his life story.  I didn't want anyone else to be disappointed.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#5 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

My favorite professor at University was (and, uh, is) named Michael Shanks.

That's all I've got.

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard