• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

For those that haven't seen it, and based on the channel it is on I would bet most, This saturday night at 9pm EST on the Hallmark Channel the are premiering: Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story. Set your DVR's and watch it. I would bet that being the Hallmark Channel it is going to be very very PG. But we should support the effort to tell the story of Mr Hockey!

#2 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I saw it on CBC last week.  Just a heads up, this is about the time after he retired from the Wings and how he got back into hockey afterwards.  It doesn't cover anything else.  Still a good story and I must admit I teared up at the end.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#3 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I saw it on CBC last week.  Just a heads up, this is about the time after he retired from the Wings and how he got back into hockey afterwards.  It doesn't cover anything else.  Still a good story and I must admit I teared up at the end.

Damn you to hell! Don't spoil it like that!

#4 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

*sniff*  Sorry.

Didn't mean to ruin it for anyone, but it wasn't anything like I expected and just wanted people to be aware that it's not his life story.  I didn't want anyone else to be disappointed.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#5 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

My favorite professor at University was (and, uh, is) named Michael Shanks.

That's all I've got.

Don't Toews me, bro!