• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Gryba connects shoulder to chest, Eller gets koed and his head slams on the ice causing rivers of blood. Gryba ejected for interference, puck clearly touched Eller's stick. No Hit League. Video to follow.

Edited by jollymania, 02 May 2013 - 07:49 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#2 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

mod, please merge with habs sens thread.

I don't think there will be a suspension. You could see Subban chewing out Diaz for the blind pass to Eller.
IPB Image

#3 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Looked clean to me. I'm sure he get a talking to though
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#4 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

mod, please merge with habs sens thread.

I don't think there will be a suspension. You could see Subban chewing out Diaz for the blind pass to Eller.

Why? This deserves it's own thread for the ref's incompetence. 

Ref clearly put his arm up after he saw Eller down.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#5 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Gryba connects shoulder to chest, Eller gets koed and his head slams on the ice causing rivers of blood. Gryba ejected for interference, puck clearly touched Eller's stick. No Hit League. Video to follow.

That's not really shoulder to chest.  Using that description I expected a Scott Stevens special.  The last angle shows he barely contacted his chest if any.

I do think the 5 minutes was a reaction to the blood, but at full speed it's not that clear cut.

#6 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

he's a nobody so he'll prob get suspended. the result looks much worse than the hit

#7 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm so tired of the league ejecting players for clean hits, yet when suspensions/fines are warranted, most of the time they get a slap on the wrist.  Not only that , the league clearly favors certain players and teams.  Every day, they become more of a joke.  I've been trying to get some friends to get into hockey but they can't understand the rules.  My friend asked me "why can one team do that but not the other?" , and "how come he didn't get called for that in the first period, but did in the third, when the one in the first period was 20 times worst?".  

New fans, get confused by the rules and how they're called and lose interest.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#8 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

That's not really shoulder to chest.  Using that description I expected a Scott Stevens special.  The last angle shows he barely contacted his chest if any.

I do think the 5 minutes was a reaction to the blood, but at full speed it's not that clear cut.

That was full chest, don't know what you are looking at. Pretty mcuh the entire HNIC panel and Keenan said it looked clean.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#9 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,101 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

So all the blood came from his head hitting the ice?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#10 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Apparently eller is missing teeth and swallowed his mouthguard. That's crazy. 

So all the blood came from his head hitting the ice?

And his visor.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#11 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

That was full chest, don't know what you are looking at. Pretty mcuh the entire HNIC panel and Keenan said it looked clean.

I'm looking at the video you posted.  Look at the last angle.  He mostly whiffs.

I'm not saying it's dirty.  I just don't think that's full chest.  And the way Eller spun around if a ref wasn't already looking at him it may have looked like a headshot.  (to be clear, I am in no way saying it was a headshot).

#12 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Good hit. Elbows in. Doesnt leave his feet. Bang bang play. Ejection is a joke. 

#13 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm looking at the video you posted.  Look at the last angle.  He mostly whiffs.

I'm not saying it's dirty.  I just don't think that's full chest.  And the way Eller spun around if a ref wasn't already looking at him it may have looked like a headshot.  (to be clear, I am in no way saying it was a headshot).

http://assets.sbnati...kout_medium.gif

this angle shows pretty much no head. Other angles show heavy torso and maybe a gloss of the chin.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#14 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

It looked like he dropped his shoulder to lean into the hit as if he was trying to connect with Eller's chest. At least it did to me. I think it is clean, just really bad because of all the blood from having his head hit the ice.

40 for life.

#15 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

http://assets.sbnati...kout_medium.gif

this angle shows pretty much no head. Other angles show heavy torso and maybe a gloss of the chin.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's a headshot.

Looked like he got a fair amount of shoulder, arms.   I just dont' think it was solid chest. 

The refs probably saw Eller spinning, then blood pouring from his face and called the penalty.  It definitely was not worth 5 minutes and an ejection.  Even if they did think it was interference.  2 at best.

#16 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Like I said, I'm not saying it's a headshot.

Looked like he got a fair amount of shoulder, arms.   I just dont' think it was solid chest. 

The refs probably saw Eller spinning, then blood pouring from his face and called the penalty.  It definitely was not worth 5 minutes and an ejection.  Even if they did think it was interference.  2 at best.

From the live footage one of the refs clearly puts his arm up after eller stays down.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#17 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Obviously some impact on Eller's head... you can see it jerk back suddenly.

For him to lose teeth and swallow his freaking mouthguard.... he got his chin clipped and fell face down, teeth to ice...? I don't see impact with the mouth on the video.
IPB Image

#18 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Talking heads really ripping on Diaz for the suicide pass...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#19 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Obviously some impact on Eller's head... you can see it jerk back suddenly.

For him to lose teeth and swallow his freaking mouthguard.... he got his chin clipped and fell face down, teeth to ice...? I don't see impact with the mouth on the video.

His face clearly bounces off the ice.

Sens have had all the momentum since the hit.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#20 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

The Subban hit later (or maybe earlier but they showed it on the intermission after I saw that hit) was dirtier than that hit.

Edited by Rhah, 02 May 2013 - 08:31 PM.