• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Eller Destroyed

Rate this topic

The pussification of the NHL continues. 2 games for a clean hit, because of the result. The result can't dictate hockey, if a guy gets cleaned at center ice and fractures his ankle and the thing puts puddles of blood on the ice would he get 2 games? Jesus, at the very least this will have both teams fuming ready to pound the s*** out of each other tonight.

Stupid that they are legislating based on an injury not taking into account the play was legal.

Surprised guy who hit Cindy in the face with puck didn't get ejected from league.

The PK Subban hit on Neal looked like he left his feet ... just a bit. Keep both feet on the ice and it is a legit Kronwall hit!

Really surprised that the Eller hit got 2 ... every analyst said clean.

I really don't like the suspension. It punishes the consequence, and is probably for no other reason other than to put Gryba back on the ice this weekend with MTL looking for their own "retribution". But I really don't view the principal point of contact as the head. These plays happen so fast, I think it's kind of ridiculous to show the video in super slow-mo over and over again breaking down which part of Eller's body was impacted first. He had the right to throw a shoulder check in that situation and it wasn't gratuitous to do so. Gryba was probably as surprised as anybody that Diaz threw the puck towards him. I'm almost convinced there are situations you could be placed in where you would accidentally get a suspension unless you purposefully tipped backwards on your skates and allowed the unsuspecting player to knock you over.

Guest DeGraa55

At this rate the NHL should just make players wear tin foil hats and bras when they play next season.

Don't forget team colored thongs as well!!!

Why aren't they melting the ice that actually caused the injury?

There was no contact with the head until he landed face first on the ice. Gryba just gotf****** hosed. Shanny should be ashamed of himself.

No contact with the head until he landed on the ice? I can understand the argument for no suspension, but I haven't seen a single argument suggested there was no head contact here...until now. There was clearly a head shot....it was the first point of contact. The argument against suspension is that it wasn't the principle point of contact because there was so much other body contact.

Shanaban continues his quest of making examples of rookies witb BS suspensions. Juat like when Smith got a 5 game suspension last year in the preseason. Garbage call by a guy who used to have integrity and used ti be one of my favorite players. He used to have a apine.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Shanaban continues his quest of making examples of rookies witb BS suspensions. Juat like when Smith got a 5 game suspension last year in the preseason. Garbage call by a guy who used to have integrity and used ti be one of my favorite players. He used to have a apine.

If it makes you feel better, it's a panel of guys and not just Shanny. He solicits multiple opinions.

Ultimately I'm in favor of the NHL getting players back to the idea of hitting the full body when they hit and knowing when to bail out when it's a risky hit. I agree the suspension is a tough call though. If Eller gets up no problem there's likely no suspension.

No contact with the head until he landed on the ice? I can understand the argument for no suspension, but I haven't seen a single argument suggested there was no head contact here...until now. There was clearly a head shot....it was the first point of contact. The argument against suspension is that it wasn't the principle point of contact because there was so much other body contact.

You're clearly looking at a different hit than I am. The initial contact point is the shoulder to the chest area. He grazes the chin (and barely at that) as the guy is folding around his shoulder impact to the chest.

This suspension is a friggin joke.

I think it's kind of a truism that the suspension is a joke. Because, IMHO, this isn't really about this particular incident, not as far as details are concerned.

The Powers That Be are afraid - and maybe with good reason - that if they let this kind of somewhat-gruesome, "shocking" incident go, it'll reflect poorly on the NHL's image, and all that jazz.

They want the NHL to look respectable. No suspension = Casual fan thinking, "Holy God, it really is a barbaric sport. If that happened in, say, the MLB..." Or so the thinking goes. IMHO.

Or you just get calls like I just saw in Caps-Rangers where guy gets called for interference, other player gets called for unsportsmanlike diving... um if it was diving, there wasn't interference in first place!!! Jesus Christ, they are making this league a joke.

Its illogical, just like it is illogical to make a ruling on a call based on a resulting injury (how serious it is).

Edited by Rhah

Guest DeGraa55

Or you just get calls like I just saw in Caps-Rangers where guy gets called for interference, other player gets called for unsportsmanlike diving... um if it was diving, there wasn't interference in first place!!! Jesus Christ, they are making this league a joke.

Its illogical, just like it is illogical to make a ruling on a call based on a resulting injury (how serious it is).

Lol!!! That's my favorite call. Penalty and diving! Common sense says one or the other?