Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I thought it was a clean hit.

#42 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

This will get a suspension and weber didnt last year with clear intent an clearly targetted the head. Oh NHL...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#43 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Does he have to pass his mouth guard now? Oh man!

#44 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

awesome hit!

#45 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Clean hockey hit, with a bad result. Thought I wouldn't be surprised he get's suspended

IPB Image

#46 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

That wasn't a Clean hit. Ottawa's coach's comments after the game was inappropriate. Sorry and I never thought I'd defend my Father's favorite team the Montreal Canadians but I am. That player needs to be suspended. http://video.tsn.ca/...p/0#main/latest

#47 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

That wasn't a Clean hit. Ottawa's coach's comments after the game was inappropriate. Sorry and I never thought I'd defend my Father's favorite team the Montreal Canadians but I am. That player needs to be suspended. http://video.tsn.ca/...p/0#main/latest

that video is such a joke, Ya some of the comments may have been inappropriate, but he was square on, it was a clean hit. The montreal players rightfully so will be upset about it, but they are claiming its a clear head hit blah blah blah, it was not, he MAY have clipped the chin, but all the damage was down was his face hit the ice, the hit was a good clean hockey hit, no suspension here if I am Shanahan 

#48 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I will say it again, look at Subban's hit and tell me the hit on Eller was worse. Ignore the status of the player being hit. One gets up and other doesn't but that has no bearing on if the hit is illegal or not.

Subban's shoulder/elbow goes right into Neil's head...

Edited by Rhah, 03 May 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

I will say it again, look at Subban's hit and tell me the hit on Eller was worse. Ignore the status of the player being hit. One gets up and other doesn't but that has no bearing on if the hit is illegal or not.

looks like he kronwalled him

#50 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

OTher than Neil not being koed that is the same exact hit Fistric got 3 games for a few years back. The fistric suspension was unwarranted and this was a clean hit, just as clean as the other.

Edited by jollymania, 03 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#51 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

He's gone for 2 games, nhl wake up on this one

IPB Image

#52 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

No hitting league.

2 games for clean hit.

#53 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

NO HIT LEAGUE

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#54 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

The pussification of the NHL continues. 2 games for a clean hit, because of the result. The result can't dictate hockey, if a guy gets cleaned at center ice and fractures his ankle and the thing puts puddles of blood on the ice would he get 2 games? Jesus, at the very least this will have both teams fuming ready to pound the s*** out of each other tonight.

#NOMOREKINDL

#55 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Stupid that they are legislating based on an injury not taking into account the play was legal.

Surprised guy who hit Cindy in the face with puck didn't get ejected from league.

#56 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

The PK Subban hit on Neal looked like he left his feet ... just a bit.  Keep both feet on the ice and it is a legit Kronwall hit!

Really surprised that the Eller hit got 2 ... every analyst said clean.  

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

So, two games.

Not sure I aree with Shanny's assertion that the pass is completely irrelevant. Hockey Play is a continuum; A bleeds into B bleeds into C bleeds into D etc.

Edited by Dabura, 03 May 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

I really don't like the suspension.  It punishes the consequence, and is probably for no other reason other than to put Gryba back on the ice this weekend with MTL looking for their own "retribution".  But I really don't view the principal point of contact as the head.  These plays happen so fast, I think it's kind of ridiculous to show the video in super slow-mo over and over again breaking down which part of Eller's body was impacted first.  He had the right to throw a shoulder check in that situation and it wasn't gratuitous to do so.  Gryba was probably as surprised as anybody that Diaz threw the puck towards him.  I'm almost convinced there are situations you could be placed in where you would accidentally get a suspension unless you purposefully tipped backwards on your skates and allowed the unsuspecting player to knock you over.

#59 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Why aren't they melting the ice that actually caused the injury?

There was no contact with the head until he landed face first on the ice.  Gryba just gotf****** hosed.  Shanny should be ashamed of himself.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#60 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

At this rate the NHL should just make players wear tin foil hats and bras when they play next season.

40 for life.