• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Danny DeKeyser suffers broken thumb, out for playoffs

Rate this topic

My vote is for Lashoff. At least you know he will try hard and be physical. White and Cola will be exposed horribly by the Ducks heavy forecheck.

I feel the same way about Lashoff as you do about White and Cola. Lashoff will try to be physical, but with Anaheim's speed and reach I feel like he will wind up out of position.

White isn't mobile enough to hang with Anaheim, so I think Cola has to get the signal. I have a feeling it'll be White, though, because he most closely replaces what we lost in DeKeyser.

Guest The Axe

unf***INGreal! of all the defense to happen to him? couldnt have been Kindl eh

Yah, losing our best even strength defenseman would really have helped us. What could go better?

Absolutely f--kin horrible!! Why does this happen? Just cannot escape these injuries, unreal. This reminds me of when we lost Schneider in 07' against the Ducks. Totally ruined the feeling after the win last night.

Guest The Axe

Absolutely f--kin horrible!! Why does this happen? Just cannot escape these injuries, unreal. This reminds me of when we lost Schneider in 07' against the Ducks. Totally ruined the feeling after the win last night.

We have a knack for season enders too. Never a 1 week recovery time.

Well, there goes my hope that Babs would sit Smith for game 3.....yikes. Danny D has exceeded EVERY expectation I had of him and he has been amazing. With that said, playoff hockey is a different animal. I would love to see Coco step in and elevate his game and play calm, steady positional play that he has been known to do in the past.

Guest The Axe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IF the Wings were able to get to the conference finals, isn't there a chance that DeKeyser can heal in three weeks?

4 weeks minimum. I wish he could just cast up and play with a claw!

We have a knack for season enders too. Never a 1 week recovery time.

This injury is just frustrating. I mean we get lucky as hell to land a guy like Dekeyser and we lose him for the playoffs. Ugh, this one hurts.

unf***INGreal! of all the defense to happen to him? couldnt have been Kindl eh

Kindl? Wow. Kindl has been playing better than Smith, Q, and Big E. It's time to let go of the past. Kindl is better than that trio.

This is a blow to the Wings. There are two things you need to win the Stanley Cup. One is good health and the other is puck luck. The Wings health has been an issue all season, and I will miss seeing DK out there. At the same time though, this isn't the end of the world. Lashoff impressed and I think its time to insert White. We have to rely on our vets.

DK really has shown some good stuff out there. He isn't getting beat on dumb plays. He has been steady and smart on D. He won't be an offensive guy, and I am happy with that. Let him develop to be a rock back there on D with the Wings. If he doesn't get a chance to return again this season, I say keep him up with the Wings next season. He has earned it!

Dekeyser was on the ice for both the Getzlaf and Palmieri goals.

I believe he hurt himself during an attempted block shot on Palmieri's goal or right before that during a tie-up along the boards. He wasn't on the ice after that.

Here is the series of events from NBC Feed

Here is alternate angles from the Ducks Feed

Guest Crymson

I would have rather lost the game than lose Deke. Last night, our D was in shambles without him.

This connection is really not accurate. It was a combination of factors.

This connection is really not accurate. It was a combination of factors.

Yeah yeah, correlation is not causation. Everyone seemed to take the third period off. But, deke has been our steadiest defensive defenseman as of late. You cannot deny the importance of defense in the playoffs. I would like to see lashoff in for deke, also I wouldn't mind to see smith sit for colo.

Edit: sorry, the "yeah yeah" makes my post seem unnecessarily dismissive. That wasn't what I was going for.

Edited by The Greek

Guest Crymson

Schneider went down early in game five against the Sharks. The Wings won the next three.