• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Danny DeKeyser suffers broken thumb, out for playoffs

Rate this topic

Schneider went down early in game five against the Sharks. The Wings won the next three.

Was it against the Sharks? Oh ok, my bad. I'm getting old, my memory isn't all that great anymore LoL. I could have swore it was against the Ducks. But whatever, I remember being bummed out when he went down. Healthy teams are always the ones that win and go far. I think it's a big blow for our team.

Dekeyser was on the ice for both the Getzlaf and Palmieri goals.

I believe he hurt himself during an attempted block shot on Palmieri's goal or right before that during a tie-up along the boards. He wasn't on the ice after that.

Here is the series of events from NBC Feed

Here is alternate angles from the Ducks Feed

He looks like he gets hurt about 20 seconds before the goal. The way he was standing in front of the net makes it look like he's favoring that hand

Yah, losing our best even strength defenseman would really have helped us. What could go better?

you gotta be kidding me..

Kindl? Wow. Kindl has been playing better than Smith, Q, and Big E. It's time to let go of the past. Kindl is better than that trio.

hes the worst by far of the bunch!

Guest The Axe

you gotta be kidding me..

hes the worst by far of the bunch!

You're high, brother. The numbers don't support you.

You're high, brother. The numbers don't support you.

numbers? what the +/- bs? come on i monitor the guy like no tomorrow.. 10 passes 8 are intercepted. 10 shots 1 goes through. so weak too. good skater thats about all.. but guys like white and lashoff and cola should be in instead of this guy. i cringe when he has the puck knowing hes gonna make a bad play.

Guest RedWingsDad

It was a slash by Selanne, that crosby calibre whiny dirt bag! Look at him and DeKeyser go at it in the corner at the 8 second mark... that's when it happened. It wasn't enough that he punched him in the back of the head...

Edited by RedWingsDad

Selanne was playing like a ****** goon all game. Him punching DeKeyser in the back of the head 3 times shown how frustrated he was. What is that though, a damn 43-44 year old trying to pick on a 23 year old? Buddy, if you wanna get froggy, go try that bulls*** against someone like Bert. Bert would've turned around and sent Selanne back into the womb.

Selanne was playing like a ****** goon all game. Him punching DeKeyser in the back of the head 3 times shown how frustrated he was. What is that though, a damn 43-44 year old trying to pick on a 23 year old? Buddy, if you wanna get froggy, go try that bulls*** against someone like Bert. Bert would've turned around and sent Selanne back into the womb.

It's called "Grumpy Old Man's Disease" and the cure is RETIREMENT!

Guest The Axe

numbers? what the +/- bs? come on i monitor the guy like no tomorrow.. 10 passes 8 are intercepted. 10 shots 1 goes through. so weak too. good skater thats about all.. but guys like white and lashoff and cola should be in instead of this guy. i cringe when he has the puck knowing hes gonna make a bad play.

Well, I'm glad our coach doesn't coach by your cringes. Cuz this guy leads our D in +/- in the regular and post seasons. Barring bad penalty killing, we will win if we score more even strength goals than the other team.

Kindl has been our most improved defensemen besides Ericsson. The amount of poise he has brought to his game this season in unbelievable. Completely black and white from previous seasons compared to this one. He has gotten a lot more comfortable with his surroundings and knows what is expected of him. He is more than capable of leading a first pass, controlling and keeping the play within the offensive zone, and he has used his body very wise this season. He's starting to become and display the player we wanted when we drafted him. Offensively, he has contributed and gotten more comfortable with his weak side pinches. He's held the play numerous times at the blue line, and even while getting pressured at the line, he normally can always avoid and escape, leading a pass down further in the zone to keep sustained pressure. He's using his body very wisely and isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely but in this group, who hasn't made substantial mistakes? He's a rookie, but he's acting like one of our best defenders right now. He should continue the upward trajectory as defensemen hit their prime in their latter years. He should become a very good player for our system, and grow with our beautiful young defensive corps now.

Well, I'm glad our coach doesn't coach by your cringes. Cuz this guy leads our D in +/- in the regular and post seasons. Barring bad penalty killing, we will win if we score more even strength goals than the other team.

Absolutely. I believe Anaheim has scored every single one of their goals on the power play, or damn near... If we tighten the ship with the speciality teams on the backend... watch out.

Guest The Axe

Kindl has been our most improved defensemen besides Ericsson. The amount of poise he has brought to his game this season in unbelievable. Completely black and white from previous seasons compared to this one. He has gotten a lot more comfortable with his surroundings and knows what is expected of him. He is more than capable of leading a first pass, controlling and keeping the play within the offensive zone, and he has used his body very wise this season. He's starting to become and display the player we wanted when we drafted him. Offensively, he has contributed and gotten more comfortable with his weak side pinches. He's held the play numerous times at the blue line, and even while getting pressured at the line, he normally can always avoid and escape, leading a pass down further in the zone to keep sustained pressure. He's using his body very wisely and isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely but in this group, who hasn't made substantial mistakes? He's a rookie, but he's acting like one of our best defenders right now. He should continue the upward trajectory as defensemen hit their prime in their latter years. He should become a very good player for our system, and grow with our beautiful young defensive corps now.

Absolutely. I believe Anaheim has scored every single one of their goals on the power play, or damn near... If we tighten the ship with the speciality teams on the backend... watch out.

Funny how you and I watch the same game!

Either way, why is anyone giving our guys a hard time right now? They ALL have a look in them that's different this year. They look hungry.

Guest Crymson

It was a slash by Selanne, that crosby calibre whiny dirt bag! Look at him and DeKeyser go at it in the corner at the 8 second mark... that's when it happened. It wasn't enough that he punched him in the back of the head...

That wasn't a slash. It was a puck battle.

Guest RedWingsDad

Semantics. A scrum, a battle, playoff hockey, etc.

It takes a slash to break a gloved thumb, so I will continue calling it a slash. ;)

Edited by RedWingsDad

How do you know it wasn't the collision with Palmieri? Edited by drumnj