• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Danny DeKeyser suffers broken thumb, out for playoffs

Rate this topic

Losing DeKeyser feels like when we lost Helm last year.

That's about the same feeling I have.

To be competely honest I thought the kid looked nervous in Game 1, but in Game 2 he was back to playing his calm and collected defense and had those great outlet passes. It's a tough loss. Only 4-5 guys that would be worse losing imo.

Hope isn't gone. But the guy I am looking to now is Jimmy Howard. He looked a bit shaky in Game 1, and Game 2 was one of the worst games he's played this year. If we're going to have any chance going forward he'll need to carry us when our defense can't.

I sincerely hope that his thumb magically heals itself in warp speed. I no longer feel good about our playoff run. That's how valuable I believe DeKeyser is to our D depth now. If White or Coliacovo play over Lashoff, I may cancel my cable, and that's how much I believe in those 2 turds. We need actual good shutdown Dmen like DeKeyser on our 2nd/3rd pairings, not a puck moving Dman that can't make a tape to tape pass and that ices the puck constantly. Danny makes that 1st pass like a 10 year vet star Dman.

f***!

Losing DeKeyser feels like when we lost Helm last year.

And now we have neither and it's making me very upset. And you're bang on, that's exactly how it feels.

That really sucks. Good thing is that the Wings have good depth on D. I am way more concerned with Kronwall's play then having to go with White or Colo. Kronwall was a turnover machine last night. I think the Wings playoff run depends more on Kronner getting his head out of his ass then DD going down. DeKeyser has a really bright future for the Wings. Tough loss.

I didn't even know this happened until this morning when i was drinking my coffee and saw a headline on TSN that DeKeyser likely to miss the rest of the post season. My heart sunk bad. Is anyone else just not feeling it today now? Cause that's where I'm at. He's my legit #1 favorite Dman now. Can we get some good news that Helm is ready now, cause that's the only thing that could offset this in any way cause Lids is not eligible...

This really blows, but I think Amazon (my name for Kindl) has stepped up recently and hopefully that keeps up.

I know it sucks right now but DD definitely is a bright spot to be excited about as someone that will be on our team moving forward.

That hurts. I felt like we can win this series, but it'd be by the skin of our teeth. It's been way too close to lose our best defenseman.

I'd like White or Cola for their veteran status. They can help calm the back end. I'd prefer Cola because he can move the puck, but since White is a defensive defenseman it'll probably be him.

Well, whatever. Keep the faith. LGW.

This is where I am at too. Danny D is awesome, everyone knows that but we have a list of D men capable of stepping up...Kronwall better get going here too, last night I cursed him more then I have in a while. LGW

- For some reason I feel like White played for the Ducks.

- I wouldn't mind Lashoff, though he's limited in terms of what he can bring to the fold (PK, PP, etc.) Though I guess you could say the same thing about the other two.

- meh. This really, really sucks.

- It's gonna be White or Colaiacovo. And that's ok. I guess.

Edited by Dabura

I didn't even know this happened until this morning when i was drinking my coffee and saw a headline on TSN that DeKeyser likely to miss the rest of the post season. My heart sunk bad. Is anyone else just not feeling it today now? Cause that's where I'm at. He's my legit #1 favorite Dman now. Can we get some good news that Helm is ready now, cause that's the only thing that could offset this in any way cause Lids is not eligible...

I hear you there, Having only 4 hours sleep I was still pumped and happy this morning, then I checked the twitter machine. I felt sick. I am over it now, I did not see the play so I don't know what happened but there were a couple of times I felt the ducks had intent to injure.... Koivu labeling kronner in the number after the whistle. You stay classy Anaheim!

Edited by Smite

This worries me a hell of a lot more than I thought losing a rookie who was with the team for ~2 months ever could.

This kid is becoming the rock of the D, Kronwall is the leader, the big hitter, and offensive d-man, But Danny has been the rock.

This hurts more than losing anyone not named Howard, Kronwall, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen!

But it is the playoffs so as matt198913 said, "Next Man In!"

I hear you there, Having only 4 hours sleep I was still pumped and happy this morning, then I checked the twitter machine. I felt sick. I am over it now, I did not see the play so I don't know what happened but there were a couple of times I felt the ducks had intent to injure.... Koivu labeling kronner in the number after the whistle. You stay classy Anaheim!

Its incredible to see the level of douchebaggery permiate the entire Ducks line up. Started with Pronger, then the supposed classy Scott Neidermeyer, then supposedly classy but always overly bitchy Teemu, and now even Saku Koivu was stepping over the line. After Abdelkader got stuffed into the boards from behind and was shaken up, Beleski was standing over him jawing until Pasha stepped in. And Souray was out of control all night with little to keep him in check.

Its incredible that the penalties were nearly even despite the fact that for about the span of a period the Ducks were in full goon mode. Its the same philosophy its always been in Anaheim: goon all you want, they refs will only call so many penalties and if we end up with one more PK then the opposition but can manage to injure or otherwise shake them, the juice was worth the squeeze.

The refs have never had the balls to call the Ducks consistently. Eventually, they worry about the PP discrepancy and put the whistles away.

I was hoping to wake up and read they had overcalled the injury and he is fine. Bummer. This happens almost every time we play the Ducks. Even if we win the series, we're too banged up to make it much further. Hope whoever steps in can do a good job.

Seriously, who knows how far along Helm is? I know they said they won't count on him getting back, but is there a chance even?

Its incredible to see the level of douchebaggery permiate the entire Ducks line up. Started with Pronger, then the supposed classy Scott Neidermeyer, then supposedly classy but always overly bitchy Teemu, and now even Saku Koivu was stepping over the line. After Abdelkader got stuffed into the boards from behind and was shaken up, Beleski was standing over him jawing until Pasha stepped in. And Souray was out of control all night with little to keep him in check.

Its incredible that the penalties were nearly even despite the fact that for about the span of a period the Ducks were in full goon mode. Its the same philosophy its always been in Anaheim: goon all you want, they refs will only call so many penalties and if we end up with one more PK then the opposition but can manage to injure or otherwise shake them, the juice was worth the squeeze.

The refs have never had the balls to call the Ducks consistently. Eventually, they worry about the PP discrepancy and put the whistles away.

I would argue the Wings got a way with a lot, especially early!