• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Danny DeKeyser suffers broken thumb, out for playoffs

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Khan just tweeted that Babs said Lashoff is in

This makes me happy, as it is the smart move, so long as the 2 guys who won't be here next year are not head and shoulders better than the guy who will.

you gotta be kidding me..

hes the worst by far of the bunch!

You couldn't be more wrong. Even Micky was praising how far Kindl has come and how well he's been playing since about halfway through the season.

Kindl has been our most improved defensemen besides Ericsson. The amount of poise he has brought to his game this season in unbelievable. Completely black and white from previous seasons compared to this one. He has gotten a lot more comfortable with his surroundings and knows what is expected of him. He is more than capable of leading a first pass, controlling and keeping the play within the offensive zone, and he has used his body very wise this season. He's starting to become and display the player we wanted when we drafted him. Offensively, he has contributed and gotten more comfortable with his weak side pinches. He's held the play numerous times at the blue line, and even while getting pressured at the line, he normally can always avoid and escape, leading a pass down further in the zone to keep sustained pressure. He's using his body very wisely and isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely but in this group, who hasn't made substantial mistakes? He's a rookie, but he's acting like one of our best defenders right now. He should continue the upward trajectory as defensemen hit their prime in their latter years. He should become a very good player for our system, and grow with our beautiful young defensive corps now.

Great post.

Lashoff in? That's surprising. I mean, DeKeyser was a rookie but he's got way more poise than most rookies. Replacing him with a rookie like Lashoff, even if he has been good, is a risky, risky move when we're already trying to handle playoff jitters, which I've never seen the Wings struggle with before. Hopefully it pays off.

Guest The Axe

I think, barring injury, we've seen Ian White's last game in the winged wheel.

Yup. At this point, he might as well go home.

Don't really know if he's a 3rd, 1st or 2nd pairing defenseman but it's hard to watch the brief sample size of his work in the NHL and not say, "That's a guy I'd like on my team."

The rest of the year for him probably involves recovering from this past year physically, mentally and emotionally. And then we'll see if he can keep the sophomore slump days at a minimum next year. Now that people have seen what he can do they're going to expect a lot more out of him. We've seen a few of our own homegrown prospects struggle quite a bit in their 2nd year. It's simply a whole new tone going into next year as far as pressure and expectations.

Guest RedWingsDad

Well, I was wrong about Selanne causing the injury. He's still a Crosby calibre whiner... :P

Guest RedWingsDad

How'd you find that out?

I believe Ken and Mick covered it during Saturdays game. DeKeyser said it was actually the hit along the boards right before he engaged with Selanne... his thumb got bent back on the hit.

Edited by RedWingsDad

I believe Ken and Mick covered it during Saturdays game. DeKeyser said it was actually the hit along the boards right before he engaged with Selanne... his thumb got bent back on the hit.

Ahhhh! I couldn't Hear Ken and MIck. The bar wasn't playing audio.

Guest Crymson

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 4 min
Spoke w/Danny DeKeyser who practiced for second time today. Planning doctor appointment this week to see when he can get hard cast off.

Son of Flying Pig ‏@RyanWalker78 3 min
@CraigCustance any chance at a possible Karlsson-like miracle return to the playoffs?

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1 min
.@RyanWalker78 When I asked if playoff return possible, he smiled and said 'maybe.' He's definitely not ruling it out.

Can't wait for him to be back. The growth our young guns have had this short year and the playoffs has been absolutely fantastic.

We're going to be a powerhouse again soon, just you wait and see.

And to all of those who wanted Detroit to miss the playoffs for a slightly higher draft pick, you're on crack cocaine.

Experience > ZOMG WE GOT THE 15TH PICK INSTEAD OF THE 17 THAMSFMAODM

Guest RedWingsDad

If the DK (Dark Knight) get's healthy before the end of the payoffs, I wonder if Babcock will even put him in... not being in game shape and all.

I was secretly hoping he'd be back later down the line and its looking like it could be sooner rather than later. This is huge.

secretly?? I have been very clear in letting people know I hope DK can come back, however unlikely it may be

Guest The Axe

secretly?? I have been very clear in letting people know I hope DK can come back, however unlikely it may be

Ha! Yah, i think the secret is out!

If the DK (Dark Knight) get's healthy before the end of the payoffs, I wonder if Babcock will even put him in... not being in game shape and all.

He can still skate with a broken thumb, so his legs and energy shouldn't be a problem, but I'm with you on the timing, stick handling, etc.

Anyway, I don't know if we should read too much into that article. It just said Dekeyser is hoping to get back earlier than expected (which we technically already knew). There's nothing from a medical professional about him coming back sooner or healing quicker than expected.

He can still skate with a broken thumb, so his legs and energy shouldn't be a problem, but I'm with you on the timing, stick handling, etc.

Anyway, I don't know if we should read too much into that article. It just said Dekeyser is hoping to get back earlier than expected (which we technically already knew). There's nothing from a medical professional about him coming back sooner or healing quicker than expected.

Ok now stop bursting our bubble ;P