150 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,909 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

You sure do have a lot of hamsters.

Only one at a time (and only 4 total since I've started naming them after Wings).  Drew (Andrew Patrick Ian Todd) died Tuesday.  So now I have none. 

Danny was looking promising as a middle name for the next one the way he's been playing.  Hopefully he'll be around for many years to come, and work his way up to the Hamster Club.

#42 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

Only one at a time (and only 4 total since I've started naming them after Wings).  Drew (Andrew Patrick Ian Todd) died Tuesday.  So now I have none. 

Sorry to hear that.

#43 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

brutal f*cken loss ! i really thought we had a good chance to surprise people but now this is a bigtime loss for us and im not so sure anymore  what a blow to the team

i just hope its brian lashoff now that can step in and not one of those 2 overrated clowns white or coliacovo

CC is much better then lashoff...

Posted Image

#44 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

I hope Cola suits up. He is a vet and was playing better the game or two I saw him back from injury.

#45 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

This is a very tough pill

#46 LivoniaGrinder

LivoniaGrinder

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Danny D is a stud, I'm bummed that he's gone for now but obviously happy to see that he had such a huge impact so fast. When we win the cup this year will he get his name on it or would he have needed more playoff games under his belt? ;-)

--
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

--Saul Tigh

#47 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

im not saying hes nick lidstrom but thats what this loss feels like. sucks the hope faith and care right out of it for me. i guess well see how good dekeyser was.

Edited by brett, 03 May 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#48 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Losing DeKeyser feels like when we lost Helm last year. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

That's playoff hockey. Oh well. I think that people are overstating his importance. He's been good, but he's also been playing most of his time on the third pairing.

Really?  He's a rookie and a damn good one.  Sheesh!

#50 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

how the hell did this even happen?? :(

jeez. huge loss, he was playing so great too...

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#51 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

That's about the same feeling I have.

To be competely honest I thought the kid looked nervous in Game 1, but in Game 2 he was back to playing his calm and collected defense and had those great outlet passes. It's a tough loss. Only 4-5 guys that would be worse losing imo. 

Hope isn't gone. But the guy I am looking to now is Jimmy Howard. He looked a bit shaky in Game 1, and Game 2 was one of the worst games he's played this year. If we're going to have any chance going forward he'll need to carry us when our defense can't. 

#52 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Horrible news. My favourite Red Wings defender this season, can't wait to see him more next year.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#53 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

The kid has ice water in his veins. He never panics and was the best puck mover on the team right from the get go.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#54 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

I sincerely hope that his thumb magically heals itself in warp speed.  I no longer feel good about our playoff run.  That's how valuable I believe DeKeyser is to our D depth now.  If White or Coliacovo play over Lashoff, I may cancel my cable, and that's how much I believe in those 2 turds.  We need actual good shutdown Dmen like DeKeyser on our 2nd/3rd pairings, not a puck moving Dman that can't make a tape to tape pass and that ices the puck constantly.  Danny makes that 1st pass like a 10 year vet star Dman. 

f***!

And now we have neither and it's making me very upset.  And you're bang on, that's exactly how it feels. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#55 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,588 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

That's playoff hockey. Oh well. I think that people are overstating his importance. He's been good, but he's also been playing most of his time on the third pairing.

True - however he's arguably been 1 of our more consistent Dmen, and to me it looks like he's got top 4 Dman ability with an emphasis on the defensive aspect.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#56 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

That really sucks. Good thing is that the Wings have good depth on D. I am way more concerned with Kronwall's play then having to go with White or Colo. Kronwall was a turnover machine last night. I think the Wings playoff run depends more on Kronner getting his head out of his ass then DD going down. DeKeyser has a really bright future for the Wings. Tough loss.

#57 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

His heart must be broken, too - it's clear that he lives to play this game.  Poor kid.  Poor us.  Hope CocaCola is ready to go, but I feel confident he will be... get well quick, Danny!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#58 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

I didn't even know this happened until this morning when i was drinking my coffee and saw a headline on TSN that DeKeyser likely to miss the rest of the post season.  My heart sunk bad.  Is anyone else just not feeling it today now?  Cause that's where I'm at.  He's my legit #1 favorite Dman now.  Can we get some good news that Helm is ready now, cause that's the only thing that could offset this in any way cause Lids is not eligible...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#59 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'd really like to know how this happened.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#60 swansoccer13

swansoccer13

171 in the draft. 1st in the shootout order.

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

had to have been on the teemu selanne hit and penalty, the way he reacted after gettting hit in the head by just shying away

"When you pull your goalie in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, that usually means you're going fishing in about three days, and not 14 more wins or whatever we needed to get it done"

Mike Babcock