• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#101 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Absolutely f--kin horrible!! Why does this happen? Just cannot escape these injuries, unreal. This reminds me of when we lost Schneider in 07' against the Ducks. Totally ruined the feeling after the win last night.

Schneider went down early in game five against the Sharks. The Wings won the next three.

#102 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Looks like a freak unlucky injury

#103 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

just not white. he has the playoff experience so he probably will be the one to replace danny. id prefer lashoff because he has a future with the team. i could live with cola i guess.

#104 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

Schneider went down early in game five against the Sharks. The Wings won the next three.

Was it against the Sharks? Oh ok, my bad. I'm getting old, my memory isn't all that great anymore LoL. I could have swore it was against the Ducks. But whatever, I remember being bummed out when he went down. Healthy teams are always the ones that win and go far. I think it's a big blow for our team.

#105 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Dekeyser was on the ice for both the Getzlaf and Palmieri goals.

I believe he hurt himself during an attempted block shot on Palmieri's goal or right before that during a tie-up along the boards.  He wasn't on the ice after that.

Here is the series of events from NBC Feed

Here is alternate angles from the Ducks Feed

He looks like he gets hurt about 20 seconds before the goal. The way he was standing in front of the net makes it look like he's favoring that hand

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#106 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Well this sucks big time, he was playing so well too. I just hope that White isnt the Dman inserted into the lineup now. Get well DD!

IPB Image

#107 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yah, losing our best even strength defenseman would really have helped us. What could go better?

you gotta be kidding me.. 

Kindl? Wow. Kindl has been playing better than Smith, Q, and Big E. It's time to let go of the past. Kindl is better than that trio.

hes the worst by far of the bunch!

#108 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

You're high, brother. The numbers don't support you.

#109 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's a shame, but I think after a summer of pro-level conditioning he's going to come back stronger and more prepared next season. I'm sure he's incredibly disappointed, but he's got a bright future ahead.

#110 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 4m

RedWings D Danny DeKeyser (broken thumb) will see dr. in Detroit to evaluate if surgery needed. Either way, gone for a good while.

#111 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

You're high, brother. The numbers don't support you.

numbers? what the +/- bs? come on i monitor the guy like no tomorrow.. 10 passes 8 are intercepted. 10 shots 1 goes through. so weak too. good skater thats about all.. but guys like white and lashoff and cola should be in instead of this guy. i cringe when he has the puck knowing hes gonna make a bad play. 

#112 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Video of DeKeyser's Injury:

Bummer

#113 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm not sure we are watching the same games.  Kindl has really stepped his s*** up this year when it mattered most.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#114 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

It was a slash by Selanne, that crosby calibre whiny dirt bag! Look at him and DeKeyser go at it in the corner at the 8 second mark... that's when it happened. It wasn't enough that he punched him in the back of the head...

Edited by RedWingsDad, 03 May 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#115 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

It totally was Selanne. Thatf****** cheap-ass piece of s***. Someone needs to pound his over-tanned yappy face into play-doh. :veryangry:

/rant

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#116 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Selanne was playing like a ****** goon all game. Him punching DeKeyser in the back of the head 3 times shown how frustrated he was. What is that though, a damn 43-44 year old trying to pick on a 23 year old? Buddy, if you wanna get froggy, go try that bulls*** against someone like Bert. Bert would've turned around and sent Selanne back into the womb. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#117 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Selanne was playing like a ****** goon all game. Him punching DeKeyser in the back of the head 3 times shown how frustrated he was. What is that though, a damn 43-44 year old trying to pick on a 23 year old? Buddy, if you wanna get froggy, go try that bulls*** against someone like Bert. Bert would've turned around and sent Selanne back into the womb. 

It's called "Grumpy Old Man's Disease" and the cure is RETIREMENT!

#118 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Selanne needs to get jumped by Tootoo in Game 3. I don't care if that's the only reason he dresses.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#119 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

numbers? what the +/- bs? come on i monitor the guy like no tomorrow.. 10 passes 8 are intercepted. 10 shots 1 goes through. so weak too. good skater thats about all.. but guys like white and lashoff and cola should be in instead of this guy. i cringe when he has the puck knowing hes gonna make a bad play. 

Well, I'm glad our coach doesn't coach by your cringes. Cuz this guy leads our D in +/- in the regular and post seasons. Barring bad penalty killing, we will win if we score more even strength goals than the other team.

#120 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Kindl has been our most improved defensemen besides Ericsson. The amount of poise he has brought to his game this season in unbelievable. Completely black and white from previous seasons compared to this one. He has gotten a lot more comfortable with his surroundings and knows what is expected of him. He is more than capable of leading a first pass, controlling and keeping the play within the offensive zone, and he has used his body very wise this season. He's starting to become and display the player we wanted when we drafted him. Offensively, he has contributed and gotten more comfortable with his weak side pinches. He's held the play numerous times at the blue line, and even while getting pressured at the line, he normally can always avoid and escape, leading a pass down further in the zone to keep sustained pressure. He's using his body very wisely and isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely but in this group, who hasn't made substantial mistakes? He's a rookie, but he's acting like one of our best defenders right now.  He should continue the upward trajectory as defensemen hit their prime in their latter years. He should become a very good player for our system, and grow with our beautiful young defensive corps now.

Well, I'm glad our coach doesn't coach by your cringes. Cuz this guy leads our D in +/- in the regular and post seasons. Barring bad penalty killing, we will win if we score more even strength goals than the other team.

Absolutely. I believe Anaheim has scored every single one of their goals on the power play, or damn near... If we tighten the ship with the speciality teams on the backend... watch out.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.