• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#121 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Kindl has been our most improved defensemen besides Ericsson. The amount of poise he has brought to his game this season in unbelievable. Completely black and white from previous seasons compared to this one. He has gotten a lot more comfortable with his surroundings and knows what is expected of him. He is more than capable of leading a first pass, controlling and keeping the play within the offensive zone, and he has used his body very wise this season. He's starting to become and display the player we wanted when we drafted him. Offensively, he has contributed and gotten more comfortable with his weak side pinches. He's held the play numerous times at the blue line, and even while getting pressured at the line, he normally can always avoid and escape, leading a pass down further in the zone to keep sustained pressure. He's using his body very wisely and isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely but in this group, who hasn't made substantial mistakes? He's a rookie, but he's acting like one of our best defenders right now.  He should continue the upward trajectory as defensemen hit their prime in their latter years. He should become a very good player for our system, and grow with our beautiful young defensive corps now.

Absolutely. I believe Anaheim has scored every single one of their goals on the power play, or damn near... If we tighten the ship with the speciality teams on the backend... watch out.

Funny how you and I watch the same game!

Either way, why is anyone giving our guys a hard time right now? They ALL have a look in them that's different this year. They look hungry.

#122 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

It was a slash by Selanne, that crosby calibre whiny dirt bag! Look at him and DeKeyser go at it in the corner at the 8 second mark... that's when it happened. It wasn't enough that he punched him in the back of the head...

That wasn't a slash. It was a puck battle.

#123 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Semantics. A scrum, a battle, playoff hockey, etc.

It takes a slash to break a gloved thumb, so I will continue calling it a slash. ;)

Edited by RedWingsDad, 03 May 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#124 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Khan just tweeted that Babs said Lashoff is in

#125 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!!

DeKeyser (broken right thumb) out 6-8 weeks; he said he's done for playoffs. Might need surgery. Injury happened on collision with Palmieri.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#126 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

It was a slash by Selanne, that crosby calibre whiny dirt bag! Look at him and DeKeyser go at it in the corner at the 8 second mark... that's when it happened. It wasn't enough that he punched him in the back of the head...

How do you know it wasn't the collision with Palmieri?

Edited by drumnj, 03 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#127 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Absolutely devastating :(

#128 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

So the options are Cola, Whitey and Lash? 

A part of me would rather have DeKe even with a broken thumb, haha.  But yeah, I know I know... 

#129 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Khan just tweeted that Babs said Lashoff is in

This makes me happy, as it is the smart move, so long as the 2 guys who won't be here next year are not head and shoulders better than the guy who will.

#130 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

you gotta be kidding me.. 

hes the worst by far of the bunch!

You couldn't be more wrong. Even Micky was praising how far Kindl has come and how well he's been playing since about halfway through the season.

Kindl has been our most improved defensemen besides Ericsson. The amount of poise he has brought to his game this season in unbelievable. Completely black and white from previous seasons compared to this one. He has gotten a lot more comfortable with his surroundings and knows what is expected of him. He is more than capable of leading a first pass, controlling and keeping the play within the offensive zone, and he has used his body very wise this season. He's starting to become and display the player we wanted when we drafted him. Offensively, he has contributed and gotten more comfortable with his weak side pinches. He's held the play numerous times at the blue line, and even while getting pressured at the line, he normally can always avoid and escape, leading a pass down further in the zone to keep sustained pressure. He's using his body very wisely and isn't afraid to knock someone on their ass. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely but in this group, who hasn't made substantial mistakes? He's a rookie, but he's acting like one of our best defenders right now.  He should continue the upward trajectory as defensemen hit their prime in their latter years. He should become a very good player for our system, and grow with our beautiful young defensive corps now.

Great post.

#131 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Lashoff in?  That's surprising.  I mean, DeKeyser was a rookie but he's got way more poise than most rookies.  Replacing him with a rookie like Lashoff, even if he has been good, is a risky, risky move when we're already trying to handle playoff jitters, which I've never seen the Wings struggle with before.  Hopefully it pays off.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#132 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

Lashoff has the size. This also speaks volumes about Ian White.

#133 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

I think, barring injury, we've seen Ian White's last game in the winged wheel.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#134 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I think, barring injury, we've seen Ian White's last game in the winged wheel.

Yup. At this point, he might as well go home.

#135 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Put in Larry Murphy!!

#136 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Don't really know if he's a 3rd, 1st or 2nd pairing defenseman but it's hard to watch the brief sample size of his work in the NHL and not say, "That's a guy I'd like on my team." 

The rest of the year for him probably involves recovering from this past year physically, mentally and emotionally.  And then we'll see if he can keep the sophomore slump days at a minimum next year.  Now that people have seen what he can do they're going to expect a lot more out of him.  We've seen a few of our own homegrown prospects struggle quite a bit in their 2nd year.  It's simply a whole new tone going into next year as far as pressure and expectations. 

#137 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well, I was wrong about Selanne causing the injury. He's still a Crosby calibre whiner... :P

#138 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Well, I was wrong about Selanne causing the injury. He's still a Crosby calibre whiner... :P

How'd you find that out?

#139 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

How'd you find that out?

I believe Ken and Mick covered it during Saturdays game. DeKeyser said it was actually the hit along the boards right before he engaged with Selanne... his thumb got bent back on the hit.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 06 May 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#140 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

I believe Ken and Mick covered it during Saturdays game. DeKeyser said it was actually the hit along the boards right before he engaged with Selanne... his thumb got bent back on the hit.

Ahhhh! I couldn't Hear Ken and MIck. The bar wasn't playing audio.