150 replies to this topic

#141 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 4 min
Spoke w/Danny DeKeyser who practiced for second time today. Planning doctor appointment this week to see when he can get hard cast off.

Son of Flying Pig ‏@RyanWalker78 3 min
@CraigCustance any chance at a possible Karlsson-like miracle return to the playoffs?

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1 min
.@RyanWalker78 When I asked if playoff return possible, he smiled and said 'maybe.' He's definitely not ruling it out.

#142 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Can't wait for him to be back. The growth our young guns have had this short year and the playoffs has been absolutely fantastic.

We're going to be a powerhouse again soon, just you wait and see.

And to all of those who wanted Detroit to miss the playoffs for a slightly higher draft pick, you're on crack cocaine.

Experience > ZOMG WE GOT THE 15TH PICK INSTEAD OF THE 17 THAMSFMAODM

#143 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Good news about DD.

#144 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I was secretly hoping he'd be back later down the line and its looking like it could be sooner rather than later. This is huge.

#145 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

That would be a huge bonus if we get DD back!

IPB Image

#146 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

If we survive the Hawks and he can come back, we will be looking pretty for the Cup. Of course, survivng this series is a big 'if'.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#147 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

If the DK (Dark Knight) get's healthy before the end of the payoffs, I wonder if Babcock will even put him in... not being in game shape and all.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#148 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

I was secretly hoping he'd be back later down the line and its looking like it could be sooner rather than later. This is huge.

secretly?? I have been very clear in letting people know I hope DK can come back, however unlikely it may be

#149 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

secretly?? I have been very clear in letting people know I hope DK can come back, however unlikely it may be

Ha! Yah, i think the secret is out!

#150 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

If the DK (Dark Knight) get's healthy before the end of the payoffs, I wonder if Babcock will even put him in... not being in game shape and all.

He can still skate with a broken thumb, so his legs and energy shouldn't be a problem, but I'm with you on the timing, stick handling, etc.

Anyway, I don't know if we should read too much into that article. It just said Dekeyser is hoping to get back earlier than expected (which we technically already knew). There's nothing from a medical professional about him coming back sooner or healing quicker than expected.

#151 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

He can still skate with a broken thumb, so his legs and energy shouldn't be a problem, but I'm with you on the timing, stick handling, etc.

Anyway, I don't know if we should read too much into that article. It just said Dekeyser is hoping to get back earlier than expected (which we technically already knew). There's nothing from a medical professional about him coming back sooner or healing quicker than expected.

Ok now stop bursting our bubble ;P