• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Brandon Prust Comments on Paul MacLean - "Fat Walrus"

Rate this topic

Anyone see John Lu's tweet a couple of minutes ago? Apparently Brandon Prust replied to MacLean's comments on the Gryba-Eller incident by saying;

"We don't care what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say"

Yikes. Looking forward to this game tonight!

It is a sign of a lack of intellect when insults are directed at a person's physical makeup.

That's one of the reasons I abhor racist insults. Weight-related insults fall into the same category.

OT, but I'll say it anyway: Double whammy against those who insult a person for a disability.

Hope Ottawa kicks some butt and sends Prust to the golf course.

He already was an idiot lol, this is hockey, alot worse gets said on the ice than this.

Of course. That's half the fun of pests. Think of Maltby. He could get under skin by being an idiot on the ice. That was his job.

There's also the letting out of emotion, building of rivalries, and just the drama that builds up enmity and all of that.

Saying it publicly, and not having the yams to say it to his face is what makes Prust look like an idiot.

He looks like the kid who runs behind his big brother before insulting the slightly bigger kid.

I'd love to be a fly on the helmet for some of that on-ice conversation, but that's best left between the players. They know how to take it and give it back. When we hear it out of context off the ice, it doesn't have the same ring, and it's often offensive to non-hockey folks who don't get it, (and, in some cases, it's offensive to hockey folks who do get it, but that's another thread).

That's why what is said on the ice should stay on the ice, and let the fur fly.

I missed MacLean's post game presser. I saw just a bit of it but didn't catch what he said and I can't find the video now. What did he say?

He called Diaz "player who wears #61", said that it was Diaz's fault for Eller getting destroyed (which it was). Said that you should be mindful of sending a pass in the middle of the ice, because it's a dangerous area of the ice. Basically, everything he said was absolutely true, but shouldn't had been said directly to the media. He could've responded with, "no comment."

I missed MacLean's post game presser. I saw just a bit of it but didn't catch what he said and I can't find the video now. What did he say?

Nothing. He said that it is the passer's and the player being hit's responsibility in that one. He is completely right. Prust just looks like a little ***** now.

I can't believe the Habs are being such babies about Maclean not using players names when talking about them. Growing up playing hockey and football, my coaches would never refer to a player by name, ironically, as a sign of respect.

Hope the Sens bring the heat on the Habs, Price can't beat Anderson.

While I have given MacLean a hard time over the years, at least I have the guts to say it in person (just the Walrus stuff, and just the look, not the "fat walrus" BS). He's a good guy and seeing him for years in Quad City I got to meet him a few times. I even asked if he hated the Walrus comparison. He said something on the order of 'no, I'm the one who grows it' lol

Edited by thegerkin

DOPPELEL.jpg

Wait a minute, Prust insulted this other guy too!

Two of Babcock's former assistant coaches are in the playoffs. We have a pretty good culture of producing solid coaches.

I must say that I am impressed with what MacLean has done in Ottawa. I was pretty surprised even last year but this year ... wow. He seriously deserves Jack Adams consideration for getting into the playoffs with their number of injuries. He must have implemented a solid system.

He's a good coach!

Edited by RedWingsRox