• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Brandon Prust Comments on Paul MacLean - "Fat Walrus"

Rate this topic

its funny reading all the hate on prust here. if he had said it about a coach that didn't have such strong ties to detroit, there wouldn't even be a thread about it.

I generally like Prust. Was bummed when he signed with the Habs and not here.

But it was a pretty stupid comment, on several levels. One of them being, "HEY. LOOK AT ME. I DON'T CARE AT ALL. LOOK HOW MUCH I DON'T CARE."

DOPPELEL.jpg

Wait a minute, Prust insulted this other guy too!

Two of Babcock's former assistant coaches are in the playoffs. We have a pretty good culture of producing solid coaches.

I must say that I am impressed with what MacLean has done in Ottawa. I was pretty surprised even last year but this year ... wow. He seriously deserves Jack Adams consideration for getting into the playoffs with their number of injuries. He must have implemented a solid system.

He's a good coach!

and we were injury free? By that method of thinking, Babs definitely deserves it, we did have the most man games lost.

I generally like Prust. Was bummed when he signed with the Habs and not here.

But it was a pretty stupid comment, on several levels. One of them being, "HEY. LOOK AT ME. I DON'T CARE AT ALL. LOOK HOW MUCH I DON'T CARE."

His coach isn't any better, it's like when you see an ignorant child, and think wow there parents can't be happy with that language, and then their mom comes out and joins in on the ignorance... yup just like that

and we were injury free? By that method of thinking, Babs definitely deserves it, we did have the most man games lost.

His coach isn't any better, it's like when you see an ignorant child, and think wow there parents can't be happy with that language, and then their mom comes out and joins in on the ignorance... yup just like that

Sens lost key players. Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson. The equivalent for us would be something like Howard, Kronwall, Datsyuk.

Definitely not the biggest Therrien fan.

Sens lost key players. Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson. The equivalent for us would be something like Howard, Kronwall, Datsyuk.

Definitely not the biggest Therrien fan.

how about Lidstrom, Stuart, Filppula, Helm, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Gustavsson, Quincey... but I guess we lost no key players right...

MacLean also was asked about his war of words with the Canadiens and coach Michel Therrien, who took offense to MacLean referring to Raphael Diaz as "No. 61."Brandon Prust also made waves when he referred to MacLean as a "bug-eyed fat walrus."

"I don't even know who No. 61 is on my team," MacLean said, joking. "Are you going to hold that against me? There are an awful lot of number combinations and different names. If I hurt [Therrien's] feelings, oh my gosh, I apologize for that. If that's the battle of words, I don't see that. I'm working hard to coach my own team.

"[As for Prust], well … 'bug-eyed,' I've never been called that before. That's a new one. 'Walrus?' That’s too easy. But I'll tell you one thing: I'm not fat. I might be husky, but I'm not fat. So I took offense to that."

He called Diaz "player who wears #61", said that it was Diaz's fault for Eller getting destroyed (which it was). Said that you should be mindful of sending a pass in the middle of the ice, because it's a dangerous area of the ice. Basically, everything he said was absolutely true, but shouldn't had been said directly to the media. He could've responded with, "no comment."

Answering everything with "no comment" is why no one learns anything watching hockey anymore aside from a visual aid of learning what a "suicide pass" is and dad saying to his kid...keep your head up bud and don't send those passes up the middle to your teammates when they're in coverage.

Seeing as Diaz is a professional hockey player, he should have known better to make that pass. Gryba is WAY bigger than Eller and Diaz had to have seen him skating straight towards Eller in anticipation of that pass.