24 replies to this topic

#21 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

You can see us beating San Hosay?

Possibly. Niemi owns the Red Wings, but I don't see the Sharks as being superior to the Red Wings in many facets of the game like the other teams I listed. Their size does give the Red Wings fits though typically, so that would be challenging to overcome. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#22 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

This thread is very arrogant.

We win one playoff game, and already we're hot s***.  This is a team that struggled all year and barely made the playoffs.  We're not talking about the old Red Wings here.  

The play has been better recently, but I don't think we're better than half of the playoff teams.  Most teams are built for the playoffs better than us.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#23 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

This thread is very arrogant.

We win one playoff game, and already we're hot s***.  This is a team that struggled all year and barely made the playoffs.  We're not talking about the old Red Wings here.  

The play has been better recently, but I don't think we're better than half of the playoff teams.  Most teams are built for the playoffs better than us.    

I agree, its the 1st round and it's 1-1.  If we play 60 mins I like our team but if we get into that mode we were in during the 3rd the other night a junior team can beat us.  I only can afford so many remotes for my tv, throwing them is no longer an option.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#24 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

I agree, its the 1st round and it's 1-1.  If we play 60 mins I like our team but if we get into that mode we were in during the 3rd the other night a junior team can beat us.  I only can afford so many remotes for my tv, throwing them is no longer an option.

I picked us to win the series and am encouraged by Detroit's recent play.

However, I think we should sit back and take things into perspective, instead of listing off "playoff" teams that we're better than.  Just seems like overreacting to me.    

We're a 7 seed and likely wouldn't be any higher than 5th if we were healthy this season.  We're still weak defensively and don't have much scoring depth.  Howard is a question mark in the playoffs as well.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#25 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

the ducks

Posted Image