• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

Rate this topic

that call was BS

the ref was 3 feet away and made no call, if Ab left his feet it was 1/3 of a second before he actually made contact.

the $%^&& was lying on the ice with his head up looking around to see if there was going to be a call, there wasn't so he stayed down

didn't anybody else notice this?

embellishment, dive,

Am I the only one that feels like hat was the right call. He clearly left his feet and hit his head. This was the most obvious game misconduct i have ever seen. The only good thing is that he did this early enough that maybe Shanny will take this games suspension into account.

Its not the right call. The head has to be the principle point of contact. The principle point of contact was his body and then his head which = good hit. Also they called it charging. Look at he replay. Abby stops his stride well before making contact. The call was a joke. The ref was 5 feet away looking right at it and made no call. The ref at center ice made the call.

The wings will not score by shooting right at the goalie.

Probably a true statement. However, they are much more likely to score by shooting right at the goalie than they are by not shooting at all, which they have been doing WAY too much of in my opinion.

Edited by barabbas16

Ref was standing right there by the hit...just looked on...

Exactly. This is the "new NHL" I guess...

All refs look on a hit and decide its a good hit/no penalty. But...then they notice that a player is down on the play and magically, its all of the sudden a 5 minute major. Pure nonsense.

Stop watching that NBC garbage...stream FSD if you must. NBC is a joke...absolutely everything seems like League approved commentary. They probably have a league rep there during the broadcasts.

Edited by evilmrt

After the replay, It looks like Abby just cost us a playoff series.

He's played well on the top line (who wouldn't with Pavel and Hank)

But he's still a 3rd/4th line player. Losing him is not a big deal. Put Bertuzzi on the top line. He has better hands than Abby. This hardly costs us the series.

They only scored one goal, so it shouldn't cost us the game either. If we can't score one goal ourselves, we didn't deserve to win this game anyway.

Edited by GMRwings1983

The worse thing they weren't going to call a penalty until he couldn't get up right away.

Exactly - and its been like this since the new rules came in. On the whole I agree with them, but punishment seems entirely dependent on whether anyone is hurt or not, rather than the nature of the hit. Knee on knee but no-one is hurt - no problem, accidental high stick causes a nick 4 mins. etc....but then I lost faith in this league seeing the officiating and suspensions or lack of them in 2009. And years of seeing goals chalked off for goaltender interference when Holmstrom got crosschecked face-first into the goal. The choice of what can and cannot be reviewed is either incompetence or corruption, plain and simple.

It was a penalty and I can see the argument for tossing him, but officiating in the NHL is so inconsistent, so poorly set up with its review system and so open to bias and interpretation that I'm fed up of seeing games decided by people other than the players. It makes one over-sensitive to situations like this where the officials may have had a point.

Plus NBC can blow me, because their intermission disgusted martyrdom is nothing to do with serious sports coverage or journalism. But it has to be said, the majority of coverage of NHL games has a level of bias, unsubstantiatable opinion and pointless sensationalism and hero worship that makes it very difficult to watch at times. I am disappointed with football coverage in the UK, but at least that is just inane. NHL coverage is often just embarrassing

Abby's hit was not clean by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't a huge ******* wreckingball flying tomahawk elbow either. Abby mistimed his hit which is why he left his feet early. He got his game, I don't think he should be suspended.

Stop watching that NBC garbage...stream FSD if you must. NBC is a joke...absolutely everything seems like League approved commentary. They probably have a league rep there during the broadcasts.

PM me a link?

after seeing the replay, looks as though Abby led with his right shoulder into Lydman's left shoulder first, then made some contact with the head, but it did not appear to be the principal point of contact; however, he did leave his feet so that can't be good as far as avoiding a suspension

at any rate, blown call by the refs to just hand the Ducks a 5-min. PP and toss Abby