• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

Rate this topic

Problem essentially is that a fully fit wins roster may be able to compete, but with no helm, no DD now, and Sammy and Bert basically broken we can't match the ducks for size or speed. Skill level is pretty well matched but in every other department the ducks are better. But that's no surprise, we limped through this year for a reason, and haven't been at full strength yet once this season. We even miss Miller as a combination of decent size and speed

I rather miss the playoffs and get that #13 pick than stomach through this. Just rest Datsyuk and Z, this series is done.

Might as well trade them for draft picks. Maybe just sell the whole franchise to Seattle and then try and start over.

Both defense and Howard have an issue of containing the other teams momentum. Game 2, Anaheim has 4 unanswered goals, this game there's 3 unanswered including a short handed goal. This a game of Boys vs. Men. Ducks being the men.

Problem essentially is that a fully fit wins roster may be able to compete, but with no helm, no DD now, and Sammy and Bert basically broken we can't match the ducks for size or speed. Skill level is pretty well matched but in every other department the ducks are better. But that's no surprise, we limped through this year for a reason, and haven't been at full strength yet once this season. We even miss Miller as a combination of decent size and speed

And the players making the biggest difference for the ducks are players we could never get because of drafting position. The system has been threatening to catch up with the wings for a few years. And with some stop gap signings and a whole raft of rookies, this was always going to be the weakest line up we would put out for a while. And that was without injuries.....

All this can be attributed to not converting on the 1st period chances.

Neither did they.

I attribute it to not having a very good team.

I mean, we have Abdelkader and Cleary playing on the top 6. How far did you think we could go?

im alright with it. i thought we might be able to beat the ducks with dekeyser. once we lost him i dont think the wings will win another game.

i thought making the playoffs was a good enough accomplishment.