• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

Rate this topic

No dis, just a question...

Is there a smart phone app or some program that formats certain replies like this? I see people post like this now and then is various forums, and am never quite sure. It is a very bizarre and unnatural style to capitalize the first letter of every word like that.

Yeah and it's frickin annoying. I wasn't doing it deliberately believe me lol.

I just switched to the laptop. Tried to reply to someone else's and it just deletes the word I just typed every time, so I switched to the laptop lol.

Anyways, I said earlier I didn't think the wings were playing all that well. They were playing alright, holding in there defensively, but offensively what is with this playing way out on the perimeter? We've seen them start doing that in the playoffs for several years now. It's like how far can I get away form the goal with the puck? My God. Offensively they seemed very slow with decision making, and then nobody really wanted to shoot the puck. And when somebody finally shot the puck, it was right at Hiller and there were no rebounds. Unacceptable. Where was the hunger from game 2?

I don't know what it is exactly, if I'm just getting older, or if I'm just so sick of being so frustrated with the NHL over the last few years but I'm really starting to care less and less. And that sucks becuase I love the game of hockey and I love this team.

But the NHL continues to be stupid. I have been a fan for 25 years and I just don't understand what is going on sometimes. I didn't even know that if no ref called a penalty, they could still call a penalty well after the play is over, and after the refs convene to discuss it. That is something else to me. I don't ever recall seeing that. Redmond I thought was going to have an aneurysm and he was probably right to.

I just don't get it, but I am starting to get less and less animated the older I get, or the more years that go by, becuase I'm learning that the NHL is managed by politicians who think they can make things better, and all they do is continue to screw it up. It's happening in the NFL as well now. It's all about money, and it's really nothing to do with fans. It's pretty obvious it's not about the fans when last year I think it was philly and pitt that had the big brawls for 2 games then in game 3 if they looked at each other funny, the refs were calling penalties. I don't know what fan wasn't on the edge of his seat loving every second of those brawls. That's part of the game. WTF is the league brass doing? People want hits, they want goals, they want fights, and so far we have none of the above.

Thanks NHL.

The one goal from Brunner's defensive lapse was a snap decision to attempt to poke check it away. The shortside goal might have been stopped sure. The first goal on the PK when the defense failed to clean up the mess and it got popped up top shelf was absolutely no way Howards fault. The cross crease pass and the snap one timer will go in 99% of the time against any goalie regardless of who it is, that goal is not Howards fault. So maybe we lose 2-0 instead of 4-0. WE STILL LOSE. Sounds like an offensive problem to me.

"Nuff said."

Guest Playmaker

The only player that played remotely well was Franzen

I thought Filppula looked good today as well.

Yes, as my life is flashing before my eyes one day, unlike Game 4 of the 1997 SCF or Game 7 of the 2002 WCF or March 26, 1997 tonight's game will not be part of the end of life montage. Completely forgettable.

Win game 4 and we'll see what we can still do.

The one goal from Brunner's defensive lapse was a snap decision to attempt to poke check it away. The shortside goal might have been stopped sure. The first goal on the PK when the defense failed to clean up the mess and it got popped up top shelf was absolutely no way Howards fault. The cross crease pass and the snap one timer will go in 99% of the time against any goalie regardless of who it is, that goal is not Howards fault. So maybe we lose 2-0 instead of 4-0. WE STILL LOSE. Sounds like an offensive problem to me.

"Nuff said."

LOL. Read again... I said "some" and also pointed out goals in game 1... And I never said we don't have an offensive problem. NUFF SAID... Lol

Go watch some if those goals again and also game 1. Nuff said.

Goal 1: Howard makes the initial save basically 1 on 1 against a guy down low. Defense doesnt pick up the trailer and its put upstairs where no goalie is going to save it. Not his fault.

Goal 2: Brunner loses and Howard has to make an attempt to clear it before Getzlaf gets there. Getzlafs reach wins. Brunner did nothing to try and put Getzlaf off other than tap him with his stick. That goal is all on Brunner.

Goal 3: Nobody picks up the guy right in front on a pass from behind the net. Howard comes out to cut the angle which is correct but a snap shot from that close only gets saved if the shooter hits him with the puck. Not his fault.

Goal 4: Wide open guy on the back post. That goal goes in 99.9% of the time. The .1% of the time it doesnt is because the players misses the net. Nothing he could do.

Nuff said.

Goal 1: Howard makes the initial save basically 1 on 1 against a guy down low. Defense doesnt pick up the trailer and its put upstairs where no goalie is going to save it. Not his fault.

Goal 2: Brunner loses and Howard has to make an attempt to clear it before Getzlaf gets there. Getzlafs reach wins. Brunner did nothing to try and put Getzlaf off other than tap him with his stick. That goal is all on Brunner.

Goal 3: Nobody picks up the guy right in front on a pass from behind the net. Howard comes out to cut the angle which is correct but a snap shot from that close only gets saved if the shooter hits him with the puck. Not his fault.

Goal 4: Wide open guy on the back post. That goal goes in 99.9% of the time. The .1% of the time it doesnt is because the players misses the net. Nothing he could do.

Nuff said.

Sorry, i know there are defensive lapses but some goals are still stoppable. Esp game 1...

Edit: Damn phone apps...

Edited by Tman77

LOL. Read again... I said "some" and also pointed out goals in game 1... And I never said we don't have an offensive problem. NUFF SAID... Lol

I figured "nuff said" meant "nuff said" not "Nuff said except we have an offensive problem too" or you would have posted that also.

And game 1.. you mean that game where we were out shot, out chanced, out hit, and Howard held us in it as we could only manage to score one goal and lose 3-1? That game one? You can't have unrealistic super hero expectations out of goaltenders, allowing 2 goals on 27 shots exceeds my expectations of a goalie in a playoff game.

Keep digging.. Howard isn't to blame here. 1 goal scored on our end combined in those two losses.. averaging half a goal a game in those two games isn't gonna cut it and Howard isn't going to get a shutout every game.

I figured "nuff said" meant "nuff said" not "Nuff said except we have an offensive problem too" or you would have posted that also.

And game 1.. you mean that game where we were out shot, out chanced, out hit, and Howard held us in it as we could only manage to score one goal and lose 3-1? That game one? You can't have unrealistic super hero expectations out of goaltenders, allowing 2 goals on 27 shots exceeds my expectations of a goalie in a playoff game.

Keep digging.. Howard isn't to blame here. 1 goal scored on our end combined in those two losses.. averaging half a goal a game in those two games isn't gonna cut it and Howard isn't going to get a shutout every game.

Keep digging? You`re the one digging... I never said he was the blame for the loss(hell I even said I love the guy)... I said he wasn`t worth 5.3 mil per/yr...

Edited by Tman77

Sorry, i know there are defensive lapses but some goals are still stoppable. Esp game 1...

Edit: Damn phone apps...

Game 1. ....Where he gave up two goals. If he only gives up two goals a game, regardless of how they go in, hes doing his job. If the the Wings cant score atleast two themselves they are not doing theres.

It was the whole team to blame,not only Howard and Abby.We had enough chances even 2 shorthanded on Ducks 5 min PP.

I'm just scared Babs gonna dress borh Bert and Sammy next game in favour of Tootoo.

Keep digging? You`re the one digging. I never said he was the blame for the loss (hell, I even said I love the guy)... I said he wasn`t worth 5.3 mil per/yr...

Get your text outta my quote! It's okay we can still be friends even if you are the wrong one in the friendship.

Edited by MabusIncarnate

which is a big help, since he shoots his fart-notes out the right side of his ass, much like Brunner and Sammy do

I <3 Brunner, but he was definitely first chair in the ass trumpet section tonight. But so was everyone else, so I'll give the rookie a pass...

He gets excited and pees on the carpet sometimes.

tumblr_m3b7fwwYDc1qj809wo1_250_zpse937fb