• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

Rate this topic

If this was the 97-2002 crew, i would be very disappointed today. These are still kids and they need to be spanked for them to learn what it takes to win. I was expecting this team to miss the playoffs. Am I a bamdwagon or am I just realistic? I was so happy they made it and every win and goal in the playoffs is a bonus for me.

Obviously, to the mass that's unacceptable yadda yadda yadda. This is parity folks and whether you like it or not we now have to build from within. What we currently have as a future is bright and will probably bring home another cup or two. These kids need to learn and that will only happen when they lose. Today was the young team showing up after getting off a high from a road win to steal home ice. They're over confident. Truth the matter is, when we semi overhauled this year we still made 7th and is showing flashes of maybe going farther. Other teams (edm, pitt, chi, tor haha, nyi, chi) all stunk up the place before becoming powerhouses (were we not the detroit dead wings?)

I'm proud of these guys no matter what happens this year, next and next and next and next and next.....no series loss can change that.

Get your text outta my quote! It's okay we can still be friends even if you are the wrong one in the friendship.

LOL. ******* phone kills me. Almost as bad as a Jimmy save oh wait.. j/k Couldn`t resist.

Look, I love the guy and give him credit where credit is due. He can play lights out at times. But there are times when my damn dog could have made the save... Jimmy wasn`t that great this year when facing breakaways and was poor in the shootout this year. I`m hoping he can improve on that aspect. And yes, we have more problems on this team than that but you have to be able to also blame him for his bad ones he lets in. Just because someone points them out doesn`t mean they hate him. Just being honest.

LOL.f****** phone kills me. Almost as bad as a Jimmy save oh wait.. j/k Couldn`t resist.

Look, I love the guy and give him credit where credit is due. He can play lights out at times. But there are times when my damn dog could have made the save... Jimmy wasn`t that great this year when facing breakaways and was poor in the shootout this year. I`m hoping he can improve on that aspect. And yes, we have more problems on this team than that but you have to be able to also blame him for his bad ones he lets in. Just because someone points them out doesn`t mean they hate him. Just being honest.

Don't poke the bears after a loss, but it's okay you are still my new friend. I'm pretty sure they don't let dogs goaltend in the NHL but maybe if the puck was a frisbee you might be on to something. I'm going from drunk to tired and head pounding so i'm really off this time. Until next game, night fellas.

Hope we bring our A game in game 4.

Don't poke the bears after a loss, but it's okay you are still my new friend. I'm pretty sure they don't let dogs goaltend in the NHL but maybe if the puck was a frisbee you might be on to something. I'm going from drunk to tired and head pounding so i'm really off this time. Until next game, night fellas.

Hope we bring our A game in game 4.

Rawr...a bear. Better get my shotgun out...how the f*** did I end up in the UP eh? And the NHL beter damn well let my dog be goalie. s***, he`s better than LOLuongo... :P

Well that was no fun. But there is a reason why the Ducks are 2nd and we are 7th. They are a very good team. We are an average team. The playoffs really show those differences.

Most of us were happy we made itto the PO's. So let's enjoy the ride for however long it lasts.

Guest irishock

LOL anyone blaming this game on Howard is a frikin idiot and needs to learn the game of hockey.

He allowed 4 goals. Not saying it's all on him but he could've done better

Edited by irishock

Feel bad for the people who paid to watch them at the Joe.

Thanks for the sympathy. It was a tough one to watch, especially as the mass exodus started at 10:00 in the third and continued with each goal.

The only cool part of the night was the pre-game show mc'd by Mac himself leading the "Let's go Wings!" chant.

Who is blaming this game on Howard?

I don't know about blaming it but are saying her can't steal us a game (even though we didn't even score a goal)

I still laugh at the fact that people always point out Howard's contract. I'm sorry but in the NHL you get paid when your contract is up and around UFA time. Please name other goalies around the league that make less then him, have gone through UFA and haven't had a bad/terrible year in the past 3-4 years... There won't e many... Howard's numbers are close to top 10 in the league for his past 4 years

The goalies that are up there with him just have been paid yet (rask), had a bad year or so and got shipped to another team (Anderson) came out of the wood works out of no where (bobrosky). Yes is 5 million a hefty price to pay a goalie yes, but unless you want to deal with what Philly has been dealing with (and they still pay 5 million) I'm happy paying Howard what he deserves to make sure our goalie is solid for the next hand ful of years.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

You could tell the Ducks were going to win that game before a single goal was scored. They just brought it in every facet. Also I'm glad we have depth because Abby will probably be gone 3 games in my opinion.

Still pissed about the Abby call. At most I could see a 2 min minor for charging. I'm sorry you can't look up ice and keep yourself from getting injured. I'm sorry the head is the next part of the body that is going to get hit after the shoulder when a human body compresses from impact. I'm sorry you're playing the most physical and fast paced sport on earth.

wow, the insults and hostility towards the Wings is stunning. true fans. Monday they win and the same people will say we are on the road to the cup

they lost one game in an ugly fashion. s*** happens. should they have? no but they did. lets move on. This is not the star studded team that won us cups. lets face it

edited for spelling

Edited by Spongewingredpants