Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
782 replies to this topic

#441 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hold it longer Brunner. Jesus

lol

#442 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

After the replay, It looks like Abby just cost us a playoff series.

He's played well on the top line (who wouldn't with Pavel and Hank)

But he's still a 3rd/4th line player.  Losing him is not a big deal.  Put Bertuzzi on the top line.  He has better hands than Abby. This hardly costs us the series.  

They only scored one goal, so it shouldn't cost us the game either.  If we can't score one goal ourselves, we didn't deserve to win this game anyway. 

Edited by GMRwings1983, 04 May 2013 - 08:27 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#443 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

The worse thing they weren't going to call a penalty until he couldn't get up right away.

Exactly - and its been like this since the new rules came in. On the whole I agree with them, but punishment seems entirely dependent on whether anyone is hurt or not, rather than the nature of the hit. Knee on knee but no-one is hurt - no problem, accidental high stick causes a nick 4 mins. etc....but then I lost faith in this league seeing the officiating and suspensions or lack of them in 2009. And years of seeing goals chalked off for goaltender interference when Holmstrom got crosschecked face-first into the goal. The choice of what can and cannot be reviewed is either incompetence or corruption, plain and simple.

It was a penalty and I can see the argument for tossing him, but officiating in the NHL is so inconsistent, so poorly set up with its review system and so open to bias and interpretation that I'm fed up of seeing games decided by people other than the players. It makes one over-sensitive to situations like this where the officials may have had a point. 

Plus NBC can blow me, because their intermission disgusted martyrdom is nothing to do with serious sports coverage or journalism. But it has to be said, the majority of coverage of NHL games has a level of bias, unsubstantiatable opinion and pointless sensationalism and hero worship that makes it very difficult to watch at times. I am disappointed with football coverage in the UK, but at least that is just inane. NHL coverage is often just embarrassing

#444 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

He left his feet after contact... no?? 

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#445 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

There was head contact in that hit, and he left his feet. I don't know what you people are seeing, or if you have your homer glasses on.

Reallyf****** dumb play by Abby

#446 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Buck Fettman

#447 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Abby's hit was not clean by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't a hugef****** wreckingball flying tomahawk elbow either. Abby mistimed his hit which is why he left his feet early. He got his game, I don't think he should be suspended.

#448 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

C'mon, channel some of that game 2 magic and score a few goals.  We can still win this.  

#449 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Stop watching that NBC garbage...stream FSD if you must. NBC is a joke...absolutely everything seems like League approved commentary. They probably have a league rep there during the broadcasts.

PM me a link?

#450 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

after seeing the replay, looks as though Abby led with his right shoulder into Lydman's left shoulder first, then made some contact with the head, but it did not appear to be the principal point of contact; however, he did leave his feet so that can't be good as far as avoiding a suspension

at any rate, blown call by the refs to just hand the Ducks a 5-min. PP and toss Abby

#451 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Ok, I'm trying really hard to be objective. If the Ducks laid that hit on a Wing, I would be pissed and think the major was warranted. But a game and talk of suspension? Get the f*** out of here...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#452 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Can already hear the phone conversation....

Secretary---"Mr Babcock, it's Shanny on line two"

Babs----"Just ask him how many"

Shanny---"he's got to sit until you can go a full period without a stupid penalty"

Babs---"Geez might as well be until Quincey scores!" He then instructs Kronwall to give the phone the business end of a signature hit.

#453 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Even Mike Keenan thinks he should be suspended.

My only regret (besides that it probably costs us the game), is that it wasn't on Selanne's head.  

I'd love to see just how strong that "unusual" helmet of his is.

Mike Keenan isn't exactly unbiased though!

#454 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Was a stupid play by Abby, and I bet he is suspended for it. Maybe the Wings might actually step up this period.

Doing his job and hitting a player clean was stupid? It was a clean play straight up. Saying otherwise is not understanding the rules.

#455 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Shanny likes the Wings ... right?  No further suspension.  5 and game misconduct served the purpose.  

#456 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

got a felling Abby's gonna get suspended. 

bert in next game?

#457 Icteria virens

Icteria virens

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

he wasn't too hurt to look up while lying on the ice to see if there was a call that was going to be made,

no call yet, I'll stay on the ice.

#458 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Ok, I'm trying really hard to be objective. If the Ducks laid that hit on a Wing, I would be pissed and think the major was warranted. But a game and talk of suspension? Get the f*** out of here...

Don't forget that some people here wanted Perry suspended just for making incidental contact with Howie...

#459 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Ok so no Abby,no Tootoo let's win a game on pure skill and finesse.That's what Babs wanted with this lineup anyway  :ninja:

#460 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm sorry to all the left leaning folks on this board...but I'm sick andf****** tired of the pussification of this game.  

NBC can just go and fail as a TV network.  

Let's start showing hockey on A&E, at least they show folks shooting guns, fighting alligators and beavers and peeling the skin off of small furry creatures.

Or better yet...the History Channel...they have a show that is 100% sword and axe fighting Scandinavians.