Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCQF Game 3 GDT - Ducks 4 @ Red Wings 0 (ANA leads series 2-1)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
782 replies to this topic

#721 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Sorry, i know there are defensive lapses but some goals are still stoppable. Esp game 1...

Edit: Damn phone apps...

Game 1. ....Where he gave up two goals. If he only gives up two goals a game, regardless of how they go in, hes doing his job. If the the Wings cant score atleast two themselves they are not doing theres. 

#722 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

It was the whole team to blame,not only Howard and Abby.We had enough  chances even 2 shorthanded on Ducks 5 min PP.

I'm just scared Babs gonna dress borh Bert and Sammy next game in favour of Tootoo.

#723 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

I figured "nuff said" meant "nuff said" not "Nuff said except we have an offensive problem too" or you would have posted that also.

And game 1.. you mean that game where we were out shot, out chanced, out hit, and Howard held us in it as we could only manage to score one goal and lose 3-1? That game one? You can't have unrealistic super hero expectations out of goaltenders, allowing 2 goals on 27 shots exceeds my expectations of a goalie in a playoff game. 

Keep digging.. Howard isn't to blame here. 1 goal scored on our end combined in those two losses.. averaging half a goal a game in those two games isn't gonna cut it and Howard isn't going to get a shutout every game. 

Keep digging? You`re the one digging. I never said he was the blame for the loss (hell, I even said I love the guy)... I said he wasn`t worth 5.3 mil per/yr...

Get your text outta my quote! It's okay we can still be friends even if you are the wrong one in the friendship.

Edited by MabusIncarnate, 04 May 2013 - 10:07 PM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#724 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

which is a big help, since he shoots his fart-notes out the right side of his ass, much like Brunner and Sammy do

I <3 Brunner, but he was definitely first chair in the ass trumpet section tonight.  But so was everyone else, so I'll give the rookie a pass...

He gets excited and pees on the carpet sometimes.

tumblr_m3b7fwwYDc1qj809wo1_250_zpse937fb

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#725 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

I don't know about you guys but that Abby call got me so mad. If that isn't a hockey play I don't know what is anymore.

#726 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'm holding out hope that Shanahan is still a Red Wing at heart and suspends Lydman for 2 games instead.

#727 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

If this was the 97-2002 crew, i would be very disappointed today. These are still kids and they need to be spanked for them to learn what it takes to win. I was expecting this team to miss the playoffs. Am I a bamdwagon or am I just realistic? I was so happy they made it and every win and goal in the playoffs is a bonus for me.

Obviously, to the mass that's unacceptable yadda yadda yadda. This is parity folks and whether you like it or not we now have to build from within. What we currently have as a future is bright and will probably bring home another cup or two. These kids need to learn and that will only happen when they lose. Today was the young team showing up after getting off a high from a road win to steal home ice. They're over confident. Truth the matter is, when we semi overhauled this year we still made 7th and is showing flashes of maybe going farther. Other teams (edm, pitt, chi, tor haha, nyi, chi) all stunk up the place before becoming powerhouses (were we not the detroit dead wings?)

I'm proud of these guys no matter what happens this year, next and next and next and next and next.....no series loss can change that.

#728 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

And wow did we miss Danny D or what? 3 gimmie goals right in front of the crease. If Big Rig isn't out there we've got no one willing to knock people on their ass.

#729 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

@CraigCustance: Bruce Boudreau said Toni Lydman dealing with a headache right now and doesn't expect him to practice tomorrow.

What did I tell you?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#730 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I see regular season wings decided to show up.

It's alright. It's one game. As long as we win the next were still in good shape.

#731 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Get your text outta my quote! It's okay we can still be friends even if you are the wrong one in the friendship.

LOL.f****** phone kills me. Almost as bad as a Jimmy save oh wait.. j/k Couldn`t resist.

Look, I love the guy and give him credit where credit is due. He can play lights out at times. But there are times when my damn dog could have made the save... Jimmy wasn`t that great this year when facing breakaways and was poor in the shootout this year. I`m hoping he can improve on that aspect. And yes, we have more problems on this team than that but you have to be able to also blame him for his bad ones he lets in. Just because someone points them out doesn`t mean they hate him. Just being honest.

#732 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Tootoo

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#733 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Danny D's been great,but the final score is ZERO to 4,crappy play both way tonight

#734 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

LOL.f****** phone kills me. Almost as bad as a Jimmy save oh wait.. j/k Couldn`t resist.

Look, I love the guy and give him credit where credit is due. He can play lights out at times. But there are times when my damn dog could have made the save... Jimmy wasn`t that great this year when facing breakaways and was poor in the shootout this year. I`m hoping he can improve on that aspect. And yes, we have more problems on this team than that but you have to be able to also blame him for his bad ones he lets in. Just because someone points them out doesn`t mean they hate him. Just being honest.

Don't poke the bears after a loss, but it's okay you are still my new friend. I'm pretty sure they don't let dogs goaltend in the NHL but maybe if the puck was a frisbee you might be on to something. I'm going from drunk to tired and head pounding so i'm really off this time. Until next game, night fellas.

Hope we bring our A game in game 4.

#735 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Don't poke the bears after a loss, but it's okay you are still my new friend. I'm pretty sure they don't let dogs goaltend in the NHL but maybe if the puck was a frisbee you might be on to something. I'm going from drunk to tired and head pounding so i'm really off this time. Until next game, night fellas.

Hope we bring our A game in game 4.

Rawr...a bear. Better get my shotgun out...how the f*** did I end up in the UP eh? And the NHL beter damn well let my dog be goalie. s***, he`s better than LOLuongo... :P

#736 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Well that was no fun. But there is a reason why the Ducks are 2nd and we are 7th. They are a very good team. We are an average team. The playoffs really show those differences.

Most of us were happy we made itto the PO's. So let's enjoy the ride for however long it lasts.

#737 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Feel bad for the people who paid to watch them at the Joe.  

#738 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

LOL anyone blaming this game on Howard is a frikin idiot and needs to learn the game of hockey.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#739 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Your telling me you wouldnt punch Perry in the head in a lost game? Howard was the only one who showed up tonight. He earned the right to punch that little prick.

Yeah, but next time he needs to use his blocker :sly:

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#740 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

LOL anyone blaming this game on Howard is a frikin idiot and needs to learn the game of hockey.

He allowed 4 goals. Not saying it's all on him but he could've done better

Edited by irishock, 04 May 2013 - 10:55 PM.

bringit.jpg