2007: 4-3 OT Anaheim victory

2013: 5-4 OT Detroit victory

Game 3:

2007: 5-0 Detroit victory, Pronger hit on Holmstrom, 1 game suspension

2013: 4-0 Anaheim victory, Abdelkader hit on Lydman(sp?), 2 game suspension

Game 4:

2007: 5-3 Anaheim victory

2013: 3-2 OT Detroit victory

As we all know the Ducks won that series in 6..... so I'll say GO WINGS!!!! IN 6.

Edited by Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

I was trying to remember what series we won big in game 4 or 5 but still lost. Thanks! I didn't see the game, but sounds like we hung in there until a patented third period collapse. Being down 2-1 isn't the end of the world. Most of us expected a 7 game series, so I'm not surprised yet. Still think this team can win the series.

I was trying to remember what series we won big in game 4 or 5 but still lost. Thanks! I didn't see the game, but sounds like we hung in there until a patented third period collapse. Being down 2-1 isn't the end of the world. Most of us expected a 7 game series, so I'm not surprised yet. Still think this team can win the series.

You could be thinking of 2009 game 5 vs the Pens in the SCF. I think the wings won 5-0 there. Then lost gms 6 and 7.

Guest DeGraa55

Our team isn't that good. Most thought that if we made playoffs wed be one and done.

Guest Johnz96

Theres 1 big difference tho.

07-That team competed for 60 minutes

13- They dont

People were said stuff like that (they don't compete for 60 mins) about the 08 team after losses.

I still think Wings will win this series, the Ducks just don't scare me, its the Wings not playing a full 60 minutes, Howard has let up some bad goals. I got cocky when I saw we would be playing the Ducks and said we would win in 5. Last nights game was just plain bad, and got worse with the Abby hit. Sammy needs to sit and not play. Is it me or do we get beat badly every time he is in the lineup.

Our team isn't that good. Most thought that if we made playoffs wed be one and done.

That's what I thought during the season, I still think we will beat the Ducks, I just don't think we will get past the second round, especially if we were to play the Hawks.

Edited by Jericho613

Guest The Axe

I believe still. And I haven't believed since Stuart choked away the 09 cup.

Did Pronger get suspended for that hit? I know the intial penalty was called on Rob Neidermayer, not Pronger...I am having a brain fart and just cannot recall if Pronger got suspensed... Still very similar series, eh? I hope it works out in our favor...

kinda of subject, but it does have to do with winning the series. The draft order is set by when you get elimated from the playoffs right? Even though I am begging for Minny to lose to Chicago and Detroit to beat Anaheim, I will absolutely puke if Minny gets the higher draft pick and scoops up a player that I really wanted Detroit to get, (Mantha, Rychel, Santini, Pulock....) That would just drive me nuts, that they got Suter over us (although hindsight it was for the better in the long run) and then they draft Mantha right ahead of us! ARGH!!!!!!!! So draft-wise, I guess it wouldn't be so bad to get eliminated before Minny, but DANG I want to Minny to fail so hard just because of the sideshow last July....

You could be thinking of 2009 game 5 vs the Pens in the SCF. I think the wings won 5-0 there. Then lost gms 6 and 7.

WHY. WHY. WHY must you bring that series up, I know we were in the finals that year and this year we're in the first round and it was obviously better then but I always CRINGE at the thought of that series especially because of how well game 5 went...

You are correct, but if Malkin had to serve his suspension, game 5 could have been the clincher because without Malkin, they lose game 3. Game 5 BTW, was here and its was Dats return to the series.

Yes, still bitter over the NHL and its handling of rules that are black and white. Somewhere I can still hear Bettman laughing fiendishly like Mr. Burns!

mrburnswallpaper.gif