• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirty Dangle

Abdelkader suspended 2 games for hit on Lydman

Rate this topic

And people wonder why I've stopped watching NHL games.

After 48 years of fandom, I couldn't take it anymore.

I can remember when this was a game played by men.

Now it's soccer on ice.

I'll love the Wings forever, but the NHL (No Hit League) has destroyed the game.

2 games, a 5 and a game misconduct in the playoffs. This league is going down the s***ter. Weber slams Z's head into the boards last year, a fine, no suspension. Then the preds organization openly mocks the play .

This.

I can't believe the ruling. Wtf is wrong with you Shanahan and your office? 2 games plus a game misconduct already served ??!!

The NHL is in serious trouble. Here we thought that putting "hockey guys" in charge would make things better. Shanahan screwed this one up royally. According to his own words on his instructional video on NHL.com concerning charging and subsequent penalizing, Abby's hit did not warrant more discipline. This is just him showing the NHL that he does not play favoritism towards his team...it was the same with Smith 5 game suspension last season. Absolutely guarantee that Lydman is playing tomorrow with no ill effects.

Shanahan has officially lost his Red Wings card. Is there any way to remove his name from the Cup? Jive Mo-Fo....

I don't keep track of other serious issues which go unnoticed by the league, but do recall Weber slamming Z's head into the glass, and a giant ugly Duck nearly killing Homer. remember that one?

I do think part of this suspension has to do with the fact that it's a Wing who is in the cross-hairs. Done is done. I agree with Pskov that tomorrow is a must-win, if for no other reason than to prove that Abby is a key player, but that this is not going to derail the Wings.

I will not be surprised to see Lydman on the ice tomorrow, miraculously recovered. Or maybe (not likely) they will hold him out just to "prove" what a terrible injury was inflicted on him. Ducks are not classy or smart, so either could happen. Wings need to rise above this and play better.

And oh, yeah... score some goals?

Shanahan's a figurehead, this is so much bigger than him. He has no autonomy and is not solely responsible for these decisions. When he first started, many of us were applauding the consistency of his decisions and how much better he was doing than Campbell. After a couple months, things started to smell bad and all of a sudden decisions were being made that didn't make a lot of sense.

I always go back to the non-suspension on Weber when things like Abby's hit and the Eller situation come up. If it was truly a "safety issue," then the decisions would be different. They're not. It's politics. And honestly, I'm glad Z didn't play up some phantom injury after the head slam, because lord knows if he'd magically had a concussion Weber might have actually gotten a couple games. Just shows how much classier a guy like Z is to shrug it off than these other butt wipes who seem to think it's acceptable to be a giant diving poopy diaper pansy.

That being said, this whole situation can go f*** itself. Absolute joke.

tumblr_mf8uuzupom1qecr4go1_500_zps65bdb9

2 games, a 5 and a game misconduct in the playoffs. This league is going down the s***ter. Weber slams Z's head into the boards last year, a fine, no suspension. Then the preds organization openly mocks the play .

Frankly any suspension looks insane relative to the Weber head slam.

The league majorly blew it on that one. They're trying to protect players heads but don't suspend Weber for slamming a player's head into the boards.