• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirty Dangle

Abdelkader suspended 2 games for hit on Lydman

Rate this topic

Shanahan pointed one thing out that I didn't notice until I watched the video. Abdelkader skated in a huge "C" all the way around the offensive zone before lining up that hit. That's pretty much the definition of charging. He never said Abby left his feet, but you can't deny the fact that Abby was going dangerously fast for a high-ish hot like that

Shanahan pointed one thing out that I didn't notice until I watched the video. Abdelkader skated in a huge "C" all the way around the offensive zone before lining up that hit. That's pretty much the definition of charging. He never said Abby left his feet, but you can't deny the fact that Abby was going dangerously fast for a high-ish hot like that

It is the inconsistency this guy has shown:

A certain d-bag can run around headhunting, cutting players and gets the benefit of the doubt and then all of of a sudden you have two big hits and boom each players gets 2 games. Last year and human giant went bushleague WWF styled on Z and he got a fine of 2.500 $ the player himself has a 114.000.000 $ salary so guess what? Shanahan, Daily, Bettman and all the other frontoffice stuff can go join soccer because their intentions are clear, they are out there to ruin hockey and turn it into a soccer on ice.

Edited by frankgrimes

this just sets a precedence for taking open ice hits out of the game...just do it already and take out any question of the suspension out of the mix. You open ice hit, you get suspended. Lets do it! yay!

You can still take low open ice hits, like tootoo usually does, but if you're going to skate full speed into someone, it has to be pretty low, or you risk suspension. It's a big adjustment and as a hockey player I know how hard it is to stay low on open ice hits, but eventually people will adjust, like they always do

570555485329edc3b45z.jpg

Hey Shanny, remember when we saved you from Hockey Oblivion? Thanks for having our backs!

bildedh.jpg

Now hand out the suspension, just like we rehearsed in the back....

picture60f.png

Proof that the NHL surgically removed Shanahan's eyes and replaced them with corporate ones...here is the top secret drawing of the surgical plan....

Edited by LeftWinger

It is the inconsistency this guy has shown:

A certain d-bag can run around headhunting, cutting players and gets the benefit of the doubt and then all of of a sudden you have two big hits and boom each players gets 2 games. Last year and human giant went bushleague WWF styled on Z and he got a fine of 2.500 $ the player himself has a 114.000.000 $ salary so guess what? Shanahan, Daily, Bettman and all the other frontoffice stuff can go join soccer because their intentions are clear, they are out there to ruin hockey and turn it into a soccer on ice.

I completely agree. I think earlier in this thread I said its annoying that sourey and weber never got anything, but those were not head hits. They both absolutely should have been suspensions, but you cannot really compare them.

At this point It's about moving on with the series. I guarantee the players are trying to move on, and we should try to do so as well. No point in adding extra stress when we're already down in the series

Quit with the Shanahan hate. Sometimes I hate being associated with other Wings fans. I disagree with his call but its not crazy to see how he came to his conclusion. Remember how bad things were before Shanahan got the job? At least there is an overall consistency, and what's more, explanations on the decisions.

And he owes the Wings no favors. He considers himself a Wing but he has a job to do. How about we hate Yzerman for not offering us Stamkos for a 7th round pick?

I completely agree. I think earlier in this thread I said its annoying that sourey and weber never got anything, but those were not head hits. They both absolutely should have been suspensions, but you cannot really compare them.

At this point It's about moving on with the series. I guarantee the players are trying to move on, and we should try to do so as well. No point in adding extra stress when we're already down in the series

They are different. I don't believe Abby targeted the head but Weber did. He took Z's head and drove it into the glass, on purpose.

Besides, the team can bounce back and having Tootoo in the lineup will help. I hope Bert is up for playing with Datsyuk again. Although Cleary seems to have Anaheim's number. In this one scenario it might not be a bad idea to put him up there.

Anyone watching the end of the ottawa/montreal game? Did you see the mon player slap shot the puck right at an ottawa player/bench? It hit an ottawa player also...but since nobody was injured, that won't be reviewed. That could have been very serious. What if he hit somebody in the head? He obviously had intent to hurt somebody there.

But oh, nobody hit the ice, no calls, no nothing.

That kind of thing will get someone hurt/killed.

Guest Crymson

I love the blinders people have.

There's a difference between disagreeing with people and calling them morons, the latter of which you have been doing since you arrived here.

Then he should have fought Perry or Getzlaf two games ago.

For doing what?

I've already cut Brendan Shanahan from my 1997 championship poster. This scumbag will forever be a St. Louis Blue in my eyes.

Guy was more inconsistent than Franzen and was inferior to Dallas Drake in the toughness department. He's a dime a dozen.

uhhhh talk about overreaction lol

If you hold on to the puck that long with your head down you deserve to get leveled, but cleanly. If abby would have stayed low, we would be talking about how that was one of the best hits of the playoffs. I agree that he should have been suspended for 1 game. I am just frustrated with how the league handles suspensions these days.

Here is the lineup that should be tomorrow night:

Z - Pav- Bert

Franz - Fil - Cleary

Eaves - Andersson - Tootoo

Nyquist - Emmy - Brunner

Put Andersson line against Getzlaf all night and let Tootoo run wild...

Z- Dats- brunner/nyquist

Franzen- flip- cleary

Tootoo- Anderson- nyquist/brunner

Eaves- emmerton- Bert

Nyquist on the top line would be great, and tootoo can keep up with the speed of our third line. They would be a good grind line if he plays with them.

The fourth line probably won't be effective, but Bert could pot one if he gets the puck in the right spot, and its not like our fourth line ever gets any ice time anyway.

Tootoo's line would piss off perry and getzlaf enough that they would take stupid penalties all night

They are different. I don't believe Abby targeted the head but Weber did. He took Z's head and drove it into the glass, on purpose.

I know Weber should have been suspended, but it wasn't a hit, that's all I'm saying. It's outrageous that weber got away with what he did, but that doesn't mean Abby should hey away too. Hopefully the consistency improves

I have a question. If this was for example, Perry who hit Datsyuk like that, would the folk here at LGW still cry no suspension, that it was a clean hockey hit?

Just curious.

/sarcasm/ You son of a blankity blank! Where do you get off coming here and trying to make sense of this matter! You should be ashamed of yourself, you should be behind bars! :hysterical:

You are correct BTW...

I have a question. If this was for example, Perry who hit Datsyuk like that, would the folk here at LGW still cry no suspension, that it was a clean hockey hit?

Just curious.

I understand where you're going with that, but does it really matter? The fact that it was a clean hit trumps the bias card on any play, any day.

On another note, does that fact that the player got injured make or break a good hockey play? And if that is the case, then wouldn't you have to take hitting out of the game completely? So now when a player is going in for the hit, it's solely his responsibility to make sure the player he is hitting doesn't get hurt. If Abdelkader gets hurt in game 2 when Souray hit him from behind at the end of the game, does Souray get ejected and suspended (that hit was more a dangerous hit then the one on topic BTW)? The way I see it, the inconsistency with the suspensions and penalties is doing more harm for the game than good.

Tootoo needs to be in the lineup tomorrow and get top minutes to just run mad. It wont happen, but he is the only guy that can hit Anaheim and not have to worry about a headshot.

Bottom line, Red Wings are *******, and it sucks even more when someone does land a big hit, its controversial. (Kronwall) This team needs a little less skilled Euro, and a little more North American man parts.

Edited by MibJab

I understand where you're going with that, but does it really matter? The fact that it was a clean hit trumps the bias card on any play, any day.

On another note, does that fact that the player got injured make or break a good hockey play? And if that is the case, then wouldn't you have to take hitting out of the game completely? So now when a player is going in for the hit, it's solely his responsibility to make sure the player he is hitting doesn't get hurt. If Abdelkader gets hurt in game 2 when Souray hit him from behind at the end of the game, does Souray get ejected and suspended (that hit was more a dangerous hit then the one on topic BTW)? The way I see it, the inconsistency with the suspensions and penalties is doing more harm for the game than good.

Tootoo needs to be in the lineup tomorrow and get top minutes to just run mad. It wont happen, but he is the only guy that can hit Anaheim and not have to worry about a headshot.

Bottom line, Red Wings are *******, and it sucks even more when someone does land a big hit, its controversial. (Kronwall) This team needs a little less skilled Euro, and a little more North American man parts.

I didn't like the Souray hit on abdelkader at all. In today's NHL if Abby left on a stretcher after that, rightly or wrongly he'd probably be suspended.

I ask the question just because if it was on the other side I want to know if people would still say it's a clean hit?

I thought the hit was dirty yesterday, and have since softened my stance to it was borderline and coulda gone either way, really. One he got tossed I expected a 1 game suspension.

I know Weber should have been suspended, but it wasn't a hit, that's all I'm saying. It's outrageous that weber got away with what he did, but that doesn't mean Abby should hey away too. Hopefully the consistency improves

Weber's attack on Z wasn't a hit. Pronger and Neederweiner assaulting Homer wasn't a hit, either, but at least it was noted by the league as unacceptable.

Essentially, Abby never intended to target Lydman's head... the hit went wrong, Abby's a dork, and he got punished for it. I think some people are angry because our players seem to get attacked in very dangerous fashions (i.e., Perry kicking Jimmy Howard in the head with a razor sharp skate -- Marlachuk, anyone??) and NOTHING happens. Ho hum....

Some hits are bad, suspendable, deplorable. Attacks which could injure or kill one of our players? OK! :thumbs-up:

I think most decisions on suspensions are subjective and open to (endless) argument... however, I do have trouble understanding the Weber assault on Z, aside from the fact that the NHL wanted an expansion team to move on, not the Wings.