• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#221 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Do you ever see Smith knocked on his ass??? No because he has his head up and force people to bounce off of him

I've seen him play like an ass all season.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#222 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

I've seen him play like an ass all season.  

But he's been the only one who seems to stick up for his players

#223 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Bottom line is why do the Wings ever go in with one arm loose on a guy? That's a dumb play. Go in shoulder down and then the elbow has to be down.

#224 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

But he's been the only one who seems to stick up for his players

Then he should have fought Perry or Getzlaf two games ago.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#225 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

You watch the games yes???? Every time the wings come close to Perry he channels his inner Salane and looks right at the ref....
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#226 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Shanahan pointed one thing out that I didn't notice until I watched the video. Abdelkader skated in a huge "C" all the way around the offensive zone before lining up that hit. That's pretty much the definition of charging. He never said Abby left his feet, but you can't deny the fact that Abby was going dangerously fast for a high-ish hot like that

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#227 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

this just sets a precedence for taking open ice hits out of the game...just do it already and take out any question of the suspension out of the mix. You open ice hit, you get suspended. Lets do it! yay!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#228 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Shanahan pointed one thing out that I didn't notice until I watched the video. Abdelkader skated in a huge "C" all the way around the offensive zone before lining up that hit. That's pretty much the definition of charging. He never said Abby left his feet, but you can't deny the fact that Abby was going dangerously fast for a high-ish hot like that

It is the inconsistency this guy has shown:

A certain d-bag can run around headhunting, cutting players and gets the benefit of the doubt and then all of of a sudden you have two big hits and boom each players gets 2 games. Last year and human giant went bushleague WWF styled on Z and he got a fine of 2.500 $ the player himself has a 114.000.000 $ salary so guess what? Shanahan, Daily, Bettman and all the other frontoffice stuff can go join soccer because their intentions are clear, they are out  there to ruin hockey and turn it into a  soccer on ice.

Edited by frankgrimes, 05 May 2013 - 08:50 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#229 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

this just sets a precedence for taking open ice hits out of the game...just do it already and take out any question of the suspension out of the mix. You open ice hit, you get suspended. Lets do it! yay!

You can still take low open ice hits, like tootoo usually does, but if you're going to skate full speed into someone, it has to be pretty low, or you risk suspension. It's a big adjustment and as a hockey player I know how hard it is to stay low on open ice hits, but eventually people will adjust, like they always do

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#230 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

...Yeah...  Fine.  I can only hope the Wings will get the same kind of standard (psh, standard...) if it were to happen to them. 

#231 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

570555485329edc3b45z.jpg

Hey Shanny, remember when we saved you from Hockey Oblivion? Thanks for having our backs!

bildedh.jpg

Now hand out the suspension, just like we rehearsed in the back....

picture60f.png

Proof that the NHL surgically removed Shanahan's eyes and replaced them with corporate ones...here is the top secret drawing of the surgical plan....

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 May 2013 - 08:58 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#232 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

It is the inconsistency this guy has shown:

A certain d-bag can run around headhunting, cutting players and gets the benefit of the doubt and then all of of a sudden you have two big hits and boom each players gets 2 games. Last year and human giant went bushleague WWF styled on Z and he got a fine of 2.500 $ the player himself has a 114.000.000 $ salary so guess what? Shanahan, Daily, Bettman and all the other frontoffice stuff can go join soccer because their intentions are clear, they are out  there to ruin hockey and turn it into a  soccer on ice.

I completely agree. I think earlier in this thread I said its annoying that sourey and weber never got anything, but those were not head hits. They both absolutely should have been suspensions, but you cannot really compare them.

At this point It's about moving on with the series. I guarantee the players are trying to move on, and we should try to do so as well. No point in adding extra stress when we're already down in the series

-Buppy

#233 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Quit with the Shanahan hate. Sometimes I hate being associated with other Wings fans. I disagree with his call but its not crazy to see how he came to his conclusion. Remember how bad things were before Shanahan got the job? At least there is an overall consistency, and what's more, explanations on the decisions.

And he owes the Wings no favors. He considers himself a Wing but he has a job to do. How about we hate Yzerman for not offering us Stamkos for a 7th round pick?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#234 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I completely agree. I think earlier in this thread I said its annoying that sourey and weber never got anything, but those were not head hits. They both absolutely should have been suspensions, but you cannot really compare them.

At this point It's about moving on with the series. I guarantee the players are trying to move on, and we should try to do so as well. No point in adding extra stress when we're already down in the series

They are different.  I don't believe Abby targeted the head but Weber did.  He took Z's head and drove it into the glass, on purpose.

#235 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Besides, the team can bounce back and having Tootoo in the lineup will help. I hope Bert is up for playing with Datsyuk again. Although Cleary seems to have Anaheim's number. In this one scenario it might not be a bad idea to put him up there.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#236 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Anyone watching the end of the ottawa/montreal game?  Did you see the mon player slap shot the puck right at an ottawa player/bench?  It hit an ottawa player also...but since nobody was injured, that won't be reviewed.  That could have been very serious.  What if he hit somebody in the head?  He obviously had intent to hurt somebody there.

But oh, nobody hit the ice, no calls, no nothing. 

That kind of thing will get someone hurt/killed.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#237 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Here is the lineup that should be tomorrow night:

Z - Pav- Bert

Franz - Fil - Cleary

Eaves - Andersson - Tootoo

Nyquist - Emmy - Brunner

Put Andersson line against Getzlaf all night and let Tootoo run wild...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#238 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

I love the blinders people have.

There's a difference between disagreeing with people and calling them morons, the latter of which you have been doing since you arrived here.

For doing what?

#239 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

I've already cut Brendan Shanahan from my 1997 championship poster. This scumbag will forever be a St. Louis Blue in my eyes.

Guy was more inconsistent than Franzen and was inferior to Dallas Drake in the toughness department. He's a dime a dozen.

uhhhh talk about overreaction lol

#240 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

There's a difference between disagreeing with people and calling them morons, the latter of which you have been doing since you arrived here.

:clap:

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!