Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Shanahan take the whole frontoffice stuff with you and join soccer

thanks a former bigtime No Hit League fan

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#142 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

This is a travesty
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#143 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Last two suspensions given by the NHL have been terrible.

#144 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

2 games, a 5 and a game misconduct in the playoffs. This league is going down the s***ter. Weber slams Z's head into the boards last year, a fine, no suspension. Then the preds organization openly mocks the play .

This. 

I can't believe the ruling.  Wtf is wrong with you Shanahan and your office?  2 games plus a game misconduct already served ??!!  

#145 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

The NHL is in serious trouble.  Here we thought that putting "hockey guys" in charge would make things better. Shanahan screwed this one up royally. According to his own words on his instructional video on NHL.com concerning charging and subsequent penalizing, Abby's hit did not warrant more discipline.  This is just him showing the NHL that he does not play favoritism towards his team...it was the same with Smith 5 game suspension last season. Absolutely guarantee that Lydman is playing tomorrow with no ill effects.

Shanahan has officially lost his Red Wings card. Is there any way to remove his name from the Cup? Jive Mo-Fo....

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#146 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I don't keep track of other serious issues which go unnoticed by the league, but do recall Weber slamming Z's head into the glass, and a giant ugly Duck nearly killing Homer.  remember that one?

I do think part of this suspension has to do with the fact that it's a Wing who is in the cross-hairs.  Done is done.  I agree with Pskov that tomorrow is a must-win, if for no other reason than to prove that Abby is a key player, but that this is not going to derail the Wings. 

I will not be surprised to see Lydman on the ice tomorrow, miraculously recovered.  Or maybe (not likely) they will hold him out just to "prove" what a terrible injury was inflicted on him.  Ducks are not classy or smart, so either could happen.   Wings need to rise above this and play better.

And oh, yeah... score some goals? 

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#147 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

After watching hockey evolve for over 50 years, I'm disgusted with where the game is going. The league is becoming a joke. Intentionally grabbing a players head and smashing it into the glass, no problem. Open ice hits= suspension. I'm sick of the inconsistency.

#148 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Shanahan's a figurehead, this is so much bigger than him.  He has no autonomy and is not solely responsible for these decisions.  When he first started, many of us were applauding the consistency of his decisions and how much better he was doing than Campbell.  After a couple months, things started to smell bad and all of a sudden decisions were being made that didn't make a lot of sense.

I always go back to the non-suspension on Weber when things like Abby's hit and the Eller situation come up.  If it was truly a "safety issue," then the decisions would be different.  They're not.  It's politics.  And honestly, I'm glad Z didn't play up some phantom injury after the head slam, because lord knows if he'd magically had a concussion Weber might have actually gotten a couple games.  Just shows how much classier a guy like Z is to shrug it off than these other butt wipes who seem to think it's acceptable to be a giant diving poopy diaper pansy.

That being said, this whole situation can go f*** itself.  Absolute joke.

tumblr_mf8uuzupom1qecr4go1_500_zps65bdb9

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#149 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

2 games, a 5 and a game misconduct in the playoffs. This league is going down the s***ter. Weber slams Z's head into the boards last year, a fine, no suspension. Then the preds organization openly mocks the play .

Frankly any suspension looks insane relative to the Weber head slam. 

The league majorly blew it on that one.  They're trying to protect players heads but don't suspend Weber for slamming a player's head into the boards.

#150 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Only matter of time before someone is Kronwalled and

Kronwall get's suspended.

Joke right now indeed with these last two suspensions.

Not happy from an NHL and Wings fan perspective.

#151 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Where are all the celebration posts?? There should be a s***load of rejoicing going on here at LgW right about now. Lot of you feel Abby is a simple plug, so now that he's gone we can implement 'your' linemate choice and breeze into the finals right?

#152 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,810 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Stupid, just plain stupid but not surprised. 

#153 NorwegianWing

NorwegianWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

No suspension for Weber last year just got more irritating. FFS SHANNY!  :nono:

#154 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I dont see how a hockey play that happened to cause injury is worthy of 2 games when an attempt to injur by weber got none. Last year it seemed they were letting guys get away with things in the playoffs. This year if you sneeze on a guy you are gone.

#155 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,810 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

JR nobody even cares what you have to say so plug the pie hole

Shannahan you are a disgrace. 

#156 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

After Gryba got 2 games for less than what Abby did (which admittedly wasn't much more), it was pretty obvious he was going to get two games at minimum.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#157 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

http://video.nhl.com...1&cmpid=nhl-twt

"Significant head contact" Really? Shanny, REALLY? From the sound of your voice it seems you just took the NHL penis out of your mouth to make this video....

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#158 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Gryba and Abdelkader, 4 games for hits that weren't even penalties 5 years ago. The NHL will have no hitting and fighting in no time, it's a fast game, a physical game, there's no way to eliminate all the dangerous plays. So instead we play musical chairs with whats acceptable and what isn't. Poor Shanny, I wish he'd resign and let someone else make these decisions so his name doesn't get besmirched so often.

For game 4 I'd like to see Bertuzzi take Abbys place and Tootoo in for Sammy. Gotta get more physical with Abby out.

#NOMOREKINDL

#159 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Suspension or not, it was a stupid play. He hit a vulnerable player and left his feet while doing so. I understand that he was trying to energize the team, but it was an ill-advised action.

Where are all the celebration posts?? There should be a s***load of rejoicing going on here at LgW right about now. Lot of you feel Abby is a simple plug, so now that he's gone we can implement 'your' linemate choice and breeze into the finals right?

Yep. I was about to say the same thing.

#160 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Das Boooooolshet!!

esteef.
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."