• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Should Howard be benched?

Rate this topic

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest irishock

I wasn't serious tbh. I'd bench him for real if we had 08 Ozzie backing up

Howard isn't the problem. Making a goaltending change for Game 4 would smack of desperation, and not the good kind. The Red Wings can beat the Ducks but the defense has to start playing better.

Every game he lets in 1-2 soft goals, after awhile it's time to make a change. I think he's what is holding us back right now.

lol :facepalm:... I'm not trying to be mean, but It seems you seriously lack knowledge of the game of hockey.

They didn't trust Gustavsson to play in regular season games, what makes you think they trust him in the playoffs????? The only way Howard comes out is if he dies. Even then, he might be better than Gustavsson.

Well, Perry DID try to slice Howards head off in game one...maybe there is a conspiracy going on? Hmmmm.....

Every game he lets in 1-2 soft goals, after awhile it's time to make a change. I think he's what is holding us back right now.

The guy has been our best player all year. He needs to be better for us to win this series, putting the Monster in isn't even an option at this point. We live with Jimmy and we will die with Jimmy. He could make 80 saves next game and it wont mean anything if we can't put the puck in the net.

Guest RedWingsDad

Offense can't score. Howard is the problem. Just wow

Thing is, if a goalie let's in soft goals it can deflate your team, kill momentum, and equate to less scoring. Obviously Howard isn't all of the problem, just saying that a goalie can effect your offensive production, albeit indirectly.

No personal offense to anyone (I'm all for open debate of any and all questions), but the poll question here is moronic, and the results reflect that. GAA and SV% statistics are problematic over LARGE sample sizes to begin with, let alone over 2 or 3 games. If your logic follows, Braden Holtby and Josh Harding are clearly better goalies than Rask, Price, and Luongo.

No, we are not benching Howard. For many reasons, not the least of which is that there is no viable backup. Howard's Game 1 was fine. Game 2 was weak, but he did win it. Game 3, he played fine again, until the 5 on 3 and a HORRIBLE Brunner turnover let the wheels fall off. The TEAM needs to play better, Howard included. Benching him will do nothing.

I absolutely LOVE ow when howard has a couple of bad games immediately it is the bench howard train again...Bench Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen Filppula, and Nyquist cause they didn't score at all the last game...

People forget that Osgood was an All Star goalie in 2008.

What has Monster done this year?

Even if you want to say that Howard hasn't been at his best, we have no other reasonable options, so this is really a silly discussion.

While I'm not in favor of benching Howard I do think his game since the end of period 2 game 2 has been weak. He is prone to mental lapse and soft goals it rally is the same thing that happened to cujo. He makes big saves then let's in a heart breaking softie. How much does this effect scoring , can't say but I'll bet it does some. If you don't think so maybe you've never played a team sport where a team mate appears to be letting the team down

While I'm not in favor of benching Howard I do think his game since the end of period 2 game 2 has been weak. He is prone to mental lapse and soft goals it rally is the same thing that happened to cujo. He makes big saves then let's in a heart breaking softie. How much does this effect scoring , can't say but I'll bet it does some. If you don't think so maybe you've never played a team sport where a team mate appears to be letting the team down

Howie also has not had a game off since March 31, but don't look at facts just throw our teams mvp under the bus at every possible opportunity...

Guest The Axe

Game 5 is a Howard booster. If he plays like he can, we can grab control of the series. If he's Mr. Big Rebound like he has been all series, we will need to get lucky.