• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Gotta love it!  This is the kind of thing you like to see in the playoffs, and it's from wars like these that rivalries are forged.  This series smacks of hatred, and I just can't not watch a game like that.

#22 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Just saw it... it was great!! See that crowd going wild? Awesome!

#23 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Now, that montreal player just obviously tried to fire the puck as hard as he could at an Ottawa player.  How isn't that a suspendable offense?  Becuase nobody got injured?  Because it didnt' catch somebody in the head? 

Sorry, still ranting lol.

But seriously, now that should be looked at and some kind of punishment given.  He obviously turned toward an ottawa player and slap shot the puck right at someone. 

Anyone else see that?

Yes, on replay it is quite clear. During the game given the camera angle from the side it looked just like any other dump-in. One can hope that league will review this after the game. Plus Subban fighting a guy who is lying on his back.

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Georges is a *****. I saw 3 things the habs coudl be suspended for next game, Gallagher sucker punch, Bourque elbow and Georges ripping a slapshot at Turris, that should at least garner a 5 game suspension.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

With brawls like this, guess the Wings better hope McKee get ready soon! :lol: The better draft McCarron as well!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#26 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

hockeys back

#27 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Now, that montreal player just obviously tried to fire the puck as hard as he could at an Ottawa player.  How isn't that a suspendable offense?  Becuase nobody got injured?  Because it didnt' catch somebody in the head? 

But seriously, now that should be looked at and some kind of punishment given.  He obviously turned toward an ottawa player and slap shot the puck right at someone. 

Anyone else see that?

He better be suspended. That could seriously kill someone. If he gets that puck up towards the head ?
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#28 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

I am cool with all of this - but I HATE the hand waving after fights.  That'sf****** lame.  Act like its not the first fight you won. These guys watch too much UFC, its not a show, they should act like they are just taking care of business.

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#29 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

I am cool with all of this - but I HATE the hand waving after fights.  That'sf****** lame.  Act like its not the first fight you won. These guys watch too much UFC, its not a show, they should act like they are just taking care of business.

You probably weren't a big fan of Ty Domi then, eh? :lol:

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#30 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I think he overdid it. Do it once as you leave they ice. But its no different than like domi with his belt motion.

You don't like when players celebrare do you?

Nothing wrong with a celebration hockey is a sport enjoy it. Plus it gets the dans involved.

Edited by DeGraa55, 05 May 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#31 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

I kind of like it, but only at home. I don't see it as taunting, I see it as getting your crowd into it

Anyone else see that?

When was it? I watched the game on and off, saw the brawl and some of the stuff after, but I didn't notice anyone shoot the puck at anyone.

Anyone remember when alfredsson did that against the ducks in '07?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#32 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Montreal coach is whining about Ottawa calling a timeout with 17 seconds left in the game. Something about "you never want to humiliate another team". I think Montreal deserved all that they got. Another goal against on the last second would have been good.

#33 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,735 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Montreal coach is whining about Ottawa calling a timeout with 17 seconds left in the game. Something about "you never want to humiliate another team". I think Montreal deserved all that they got. Another goal against on the last second would have been good.

Ya, that is just something to do to kind of rub their faces in it. I remember when the Isles did it to us when they were up like 5-1 or something with only seconds to go.  Babcock went bananas!

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 May 2013 - 10:12 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#34 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Showing my age.... I remember Neil when he played for the Griffins. Something about #25..........

Yes for you youngsters, the griffins used to be the top farm team for the Sens.... back in the IHL days....

With brawls like this, guess the Wings better hope McKee get ready soon! :lol: The better draft McCarron as well!

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

So did Georges shoot the puck at MacLean?

Don't know if I've ever seen that before.

The Wings, I'm afraid, will look worse than Montreal if games like this happen.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

So did Georges shoot the puck at MacLean?

Don't know if I've ever seen that before.

The Wings, I'm afraid, will look worse than Montreal if games like this happen.  

if this happens? When this happens. Its not like the Sens are the biggest team or a dirty team.

#37 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

The red wings will be faster than every team in that division except maybe Toronto. It's not like tough teams walk all over everyone in the east, look at Pittsburgh.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#38 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the officials' locker room after the game as Devorski tells O'Halleran about that one game he officiated back in '97 where all hell broke loose.

#39 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

You probably weren't a big fan of Ty Domi then, eh? :lol:

One of my favorite memories of Steve Yzerman is him mocking Domi from the bench after Probert won his fight with Domi on the rematch.

Stevie was still fairly softspoken at the time so it was hilarious to see.

Domi was tough for how small he was relative to the guy's he fought with, but the championship belt was garbage that he deserved to be beat down for.  The hand waving deserves the same.

Found it.  1:47 mark

#40 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Not the best quality but here it is...Shanny Holland you watching?

Fixed.

'Evolution' created by Offsides