• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

2 Games for Abby, 0 for Weber?...We Deserve Answers

Rate this topic

Anyone know how/ who we can flood with emails/ angry letters to Shanahan or the league offices?

This is making me so angry, I WANT A GOD DAMN EXPLANATION!!!

Is there a video explaining why Weber wasn't suspended last year??

Those on Twitter, we should flood Shanny's feed with demands for clarification.

/ rant

The only answer we'll get is none... Bettman said it best when the league rescinded the Malkin instigator. "We need our stars playing, we don't need them suspended." Weber is far more important to the NHL than Abby...without Malkin, the Pens would have gone down 3 games to nil and probably lost the series in 09. Without Weber, the Wings may have extended the series a bit longer or won it of they had gained momentum...

Anyone know how/ who we can flood with emails/ angry letters to Shanahan or the league offices?

This is making me so angry, I WANT A GOD DAMN EXPLANATION!!!

Is there a video explaining why Weber wasn't suspended last year??

Those on Twitter, we should flood Shanny's feed with demands for clarification.

/ rant

LOL The texting gens response! send an e-mail! How about instead, we actually get a few tough guys to take care of crap like this on the ice, like it is supposed to be handled? yes bert with his bad back tried, but not to much avail. Maybe a few tough guys under 30. Holland? what say you?

I don't think we deserve answers, I think people should accept it and move on. Shanahan is always going to be hit or miss with these calls (more recently they've been misses), but it is what it is.

Some teams don't seem to have a problem finding someone to step up and drop the mitts (or shoot pucks at other players' heads).

Is Shanny going to suspend 2/3s of the rosters in Ottawa and Montreal? ;)

LOL The texting gens response! send an e-mail! How about instead, we actually get a few tough guys to take care of crap like this on the ice, like it is supposed to be handled? yes bert with his bad back tried, but not to much avail. Maybe a few tough guys under 30. Holland? what say you?

20130129_kkt_aa1_022_29401847_799279.JPG

20130129_kkt_aa1_022_29401847_799279.JPG

I raise.

08663332db6c9a877d7ce8e829735a039d414492

In reference to non-suspensions of Malkin and Weber, I can't agree more, but I think the reason that Abby got two, other than two games being par for the course this playoff season for suspendable hits; is mainly because this ( being "blindsided hits" ) was an issue that the league has addressed and stated over and over again through disciplinary measures that they will not tolerate it. Believe me I'm just as pissed as the next guy about to new NHL tuning soft and that Abby's hit was pretty borderline and etc etc. Bottom line is you have to adapt, especially when it comes to "blindside" hits. IMO. I just think that this particular type of hit has been addressed for several years now and that is why Abby got suspended for it.

Also the Weber incident was such a joke non-call that it received national media attention, so you know that's just a total ball dropping by the league.

Guest Johnz96

Lilja.

Oh yea. I just checked it out on youtube. He actually won that fight

The reality is that no decision is going to please everyone. "Flooding" his email with complaints may sound like it would send a message, but pretty much every single time he makes a ruling he ruffles somebody's feathers. Dissent is nothing new. It's a crappy job and I'm glad I don't have to do it.

But obviously the league completely whiffed on the Weber incident.

Also the Weber incident was such a joke non-call that it received national media attention, so you know that's just a total ball dropping by the league.

It received national media attention in the UK!!! I couldn't believe it when I heard them talking about it on the radio!

Email C'mon Ref at TSN and see if they compare the 2 as to why Wings get manhandled all the time with little to no repurcussions. Weber gets jack s***, Pronger and the other Duck player sandwich hit from behind on Homer smashing his face into the stantion....1 game to Pronger. Abby has a borderline hit where he didn't target the head and his feet didn't leave the ice until the impact was made, and yes I watched it frame by frame, he gets 2 games?

Gryba gets 2 for Diaz sending a suicide pass up the middle?

Shanahan no longer has any credibility whatsoever anymore. He's just another suit trying to turn hockey into ballet.

I raise.

08663332db6c9a877d7ce8e829735a039d414492

It's too bad you can't square up anymore in this league. The second one guy lets go of the other guys jersey the bettman striped buttholes swarm in.

This league is really starting to suck. I know its been in the works for awhile, but it's getting to that point where I'm not excited to watch playoff hockey anymore.

Email C'mon Ref at TSN and see if they compare the 2 as to why Wings get manhandled all the time with little to no repurcussions. Weber gets jack s***, Pronger and the other Duck player sandwich hit from behind on Homer smashing his face into the stantion....1 game to Pronger. Abby has a borderline hit where he didn't target the head and his feet didn't leave the ice until the impact was made, and yes I watched it frame by frame, he gets 2 games?

Gryba gets 2 for Diaz sending a suicide pass up the middle?

Shanahan no longer has any credibility whatsoever anymore. He's just another suit trying to turn hockey into ballet.

Ballet is a huge exagreration mang, try Soccer. They should change the name of the league to ENHL. (European No Hitting League) Gone are the days of Scott Stevens.

All y'all need to stop living in the past with demanding retribution/explanation/etc. for the Weber hit.

Yes, it was a bad non-call, non-suspension, Shannywithhisheadinhisass kind of situation.

...and I love PainTrain as much as the next guy, but he gone. He ain't coming back.

I'm pissed at Abby. He's been playing well, been a good presence on the ice and then crosses the line and does something REALLY unnecessary.

Abby's hit was questionable and he compounded the issue by both exploding upwards into the hit (and in turn leaving his feet during impact) and extending his arms. Keep your s*** in tight and rock the body, you got yourself a clean hit...

OR DO YOU?

More than anything else:

I want a more coherent explanation of the Gryba on Eller hit. It's topical. It's current.

It's going to be a video comparison we see over and over and over moving forward. ...and I still think it's clean as a bar of Irish Spring.

The video shown in the Shanaban explanation shows that initial point of contact is the chest and shoulder area. To me, it's clear. Impact is chest/sternum, glancing head, glancing right shoulder. It's unfortunate that hitting the ice opened up Eller's precious face, but c'mon Shanny this is grasping...

You say Eller is eligible to be hit, but then quantify it with nonsense!!

I don't even understand what "taking the wrong route" means or "enough of a full body check."

He doesn't explode upwards. He doesn't extend a shoulder, elbow, or fore-arm.

Get out your protactor, t-squares, and level to measure the angle of body checks folks... This is what it's come to.

I don't think we deserve answers, I think people should accept it and move on. Shanahan is always going to be hit or miss with these calls (more recently they've been misses), but it is what it is.

exactly. He is in a position that can't please everyone.

The only answer we'll get is none... Bettman said it best when the league rescinded the Malkin instigator. "We need our stars playing, we don't need them suspended." Weber is far more important to the NHL than Abby...without Malkin, the Pens would have gone down 3 games to nil and probably lost the series in 09. Without Weber, the Wings may have extended the series a bit longer or won it of they had gained momentum...

Shanahan definitely has a thankless job and it is impossible for him to please everyone. I don't know if we deserve answers, but I think the above post leans toward what the answer is..... If you're not a star player - "We're cracking down on head shots. Here is the rule book." If you're a star player - "Well, you sell tickets and we want to see you on the ice. Plus, we can't find the rule book at the moment." It is a double standard and it is hypocrisy. It is also the world we live in.

It's too bad you can't square up anymore in this league. The second one guy lets go of the other guys jersey the bettman striped buttholes swarm in.

This league is really starting to suck. I know its been in the works for awhile, but it's getting to that point where I'm not excited to watch playoff hockey anymore.

Ballet is a huge exagreration mang, try Soccer. They should change the name of the league to ENHL. (European No Hitting League) Gone are the days of Scott Stevens.

That's what I was aiming for. I went to an extreme because the NHL is such extreme BS these days. Make equipment out of the crock material and you'll have less roadkill on the ice. I'm gonna look it up and get back to you guys on it, cause I think it's really worth while to have the NHL implement proper equipment for not just goalies but players too.