• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

What really got me was watching the Montreal - Ottawa free for all the other night, and absolutely nothing was handed down to any of them, including the Montreal guy (I forget who) who took his stick and whacked the Ottawa guy in the back of the legs with a two-hander.  They made 3/26/97 look like a Boy Scout campout.  And nothing was done to them - not one thing.  I am sad now I didn't watch the whole thing, and I'll be interested to see what happens tonight.  But even one of the Montreal players skated by the Ottawa bench and was yelling at the players and coach.  Come on, really?

I smell double standard...and it's rank.

Apparently shooting a puck at a guy on the other team at the 19:59 mark of the 3rd in a 6-1 loss is totally sportsmanlike too.  Shanny's still watching the game tape, or did he just let it all slide cause stick work is ok in the NHL?  I'd love to see him "breakdown" that game in one of his Shanaban clips.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

What really got me was watching the Montreal - Ottawa free for all the other night, and absolutely nothing was handed down to any of them, including the Montreal guy (I forget who) who took his stick and whacked the Ottawa guy in the back of the legs with a two-hander.  They made 3/26/97 look like a Boy Scout campout.  And nothing was done to them - not one thing.  I am sad now I didn't watch the whole thing, and I'll be interested to see what happens tonight.  But even one of the Montreal players skated by the Ottawa bench and was yelling at the players and coach.  Come on, really?

I smell double standard...and it's rank.

You may just want to watch that DVD one more time...I don't remember the last time there was that much blood at a boy scout campout...even comparing it with that MTL-OTT game, 3/26 has it beat hands and turtles down...

I do understand the point you are trying to make though, but actually fighting is part of the game and really has no stipulations that you will be suspended for doing it.  It was a 5 on 5 brawl.  If someone had left the penalty box or the bench or even a bench clearing brawl, then there would have been suspensions, but fights in a single game are not subject for suspension.

edit: of course I am a little bias towards 3/26 because I was there in person...

Edited by LeftWinger, 07 May 2013 - 08:15 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?