Photo
- - - - -

Samuelsson on the top line tonight - god help us all !

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

i dont get why babcock is in love with samuelsson so much hopefully itll only be for one shift and the wings will wake up and buy him out in the off season , and tootoo out again when he along with emmerton and eaves were starting to get some good chemistry going

anyone else think maybe we if it might be better if we would consider splitting up franzen datsyuk and zetterberg and have them be on lines 1 to 3 to try and get some scoring ?

filppula datsyuk bertuzzi

nyquist zetterberg brunner

franzen andersson cleary

something like that?? having mule on the 3rd line playing against the ducks 3rd and 4th lines and 3rd pairing dmen could help us get some goals

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 06 May 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#2 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Well that is one way to get more pucks to the net!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#3 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Franzen needs to be on the 1st line, not the 3rd. But overall I like your idea of spreading around some players.

#4 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

I don't see many other options at this point, it is either Bert or sammy considering abby is suspended. I really don't think babs wants to push bert to be on the top line and re-injure himself, so as much as I hate sammy this is the only move that makes sense, they need a big body on the top line

#5 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

I think Babs is resigned to the fact that we don't have our top players out there. He has to do something, and with what he has available on the bench.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#6 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

i think it's pretty clear that Bert isn't feeling great physically. he would have been the obvious choice otherwise.

#7 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

While I would like to see Tootoo in the lineup as well, the fact is that Abby played on the 1st line and Babs has to replace him with someone who can contribute offensively.  Unfortunately, the best option is Samuelsson because Bert isn't ready to play top six minutes yet.

#8 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

I don't see many other options at this point, it is either Bert or sammy considering abby is suspended. I really don't think babs wants to push bert to be on the top line and re-injure himself, so as much as I hate sammy this is the only move that makes sense, they need a big body on the top line

I agree.  I thought it was fairly obvious that this would happen.  The only other option that I could think of, really, was Dan Cleary on the top line.  Of course, THAT would have caused even more of an uproar here.

#9 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

I agree.  I thought it was fairly obvious that this would happen.  The only other option that I could think of, really, was Dan Cleary on the top line.  Of course, THAT would have caused even more of an uproar here.

ya, and who knows maybe playing with dats on the top line in the playoffs will spark a sammy not seen in a long time

#10 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

what about andersson???? i know hes a center but hes a body and plays a good 2 way game and then maybe mule can center the 3rd line???

#11 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

The part that depresses me is that we struggle so much to find someone for our top line when Justin freaking Abdelkader is suspended.

Edited by Zetts, 06 May 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#12 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well that is one way to get more pucks to the net!

This all day.

At least this guy will actually shoot the damn puck.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Sammy can hit, too.  He plays a different game than Abdelkader, but maybe mixing up our attack won't be such a bad thing.

I still don't get why Tootoo isn't allowed to play.  Isn't this type of series exactly what we got him for? He must be annoyed.  I don't remember him making stupid mistakes or anything to justify his removal from the lineup.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

This all day.

At least this guy will actually shoot the damn puck.

if he actually could shoot it wouldnt be a problem ... thing is he always misses the net and when he does get a shot off it always hits the goalies stomach ... sammys awful

#15 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

what about andersson???? i know hes a center but hes a body and plays a good 2 way game and then maybe mule can center the 3rd line???

I don't think we can afford to drop him to the Wing. Moving Mule to the third line would then cause a hole in the 2nd line. You need to replace Abby with another big body that can do what he did. Nyquist or any other finesse player isn't going to help on that line. We need a bigger body, especially against the Ducks. Abby was utilizing his body like no other during this series, and was getting under everyone's skin. Plus, Andersson is a solid bottom 6 player. That's where the bread is buttered. I think moving him into the top 6 would cause some problems with him. 

The part that depresses me is that we struggle so much to find someone for our top line when Justin freaking Abdelkader is suspended.

We have numerous people that can replace his spot, but not a lot that can replace his "spot" if you get what i'm saying. We have numerous bodies that can roll into that spot and play in the NHL, but we don't have many character players that are willing to finish every check, be a workhorse for pav and Z, put his body in the crease every chance he can get, and be a pest. The closest I can see to that would be Tootoo, and i'm not sure how we would feel about that. Bert needs games before he could be up-to-speed top 6 Bert. He looked horrible on the 4th line the other night. As much slack as Abby got around here, he's going to be damn missed these next 2 games.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#16 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ughhh :scared:

#17 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

If we don't score at all in the first period, I think Babcock will split up the lines to spread the "wealth"

#18 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

i dont get why babcock is in love with samuelsson so much hopefully itll only be for one shift and the wings will wake up and buy him out in the off season , and tootoo out again when he along with emmerton and eaves were starting to get some good chemistry going

anyone else think maybe we if it might be better if we would consider splitting up franzen datsyuk and zetterberg and have them be on lines 1 to 3 to try and get some scoring ?

filppula datsyuk bertuzzi

nyquist zetterberg brunner

franzen andersson cleary

something like that?? having mule on the 3rd line playing against the ducks 3rd and 4th lines and 3rd pairing dmen could help us get some goals

I like it.

#19 redwings15

redwings15

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I hardly even noticed Sammy out there last game. But, the stats sheet says he got an interference penalty on Selanne, 2 shots, 2 hits, and -1 in 11:48 TOI. Played with Eaves and Emmerton on the 4th line. From 4th to 1st--what a promotion!

#20 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

It kinda sucks though that Abdelkader is out, cause the past 15-20 games he's been really really good.  He's scoring, hitting and he's getting the puck for Z and Dats.  He's the new Homer with a different useful set of skills aside from the puck retrieval part, which they're both good at.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 06 May 2013 - 12:14 PM.

• Nev likes this

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.