• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Samuelsson on the top line tonight - god help us all !

Rate this topic

i dont get why babcock is in love with samuelsson so much hopefully itll only be for one shift and the wings will wake up and buy him out in the off season , and tootoo out again when he along with emmerton and eaves were starting to get some good chemistry going

anyone else think maybe we if it might be better if we would consider splitting up franzen datsyuk and zetterberg and have them be on lines 1 to 3 to try and get some scoring ?

filppula datsyuk bertuzzi

nyquist zetterberg brunner

franzen andersson cleary

something like that?? having mule on the 3rd line playing against the ducks 3rd and 4th lines and 3rd pairing dmen could help us get some goals

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I don't see many other options at this point, it is either Bert or sammy considering abby is suspended. I really don't think babs wants to push bert to be on the top line and re-injure himself, so as much as I hate sammy this is the only move that makes sense, they need a big body on the top line

While I would like to see Tootoo in the lineup as well, the fact is that Abby played on the 1st line and Babs has to replace him with someone who can contribute offensively. Unfortunately, the best option is Samuelsson because Bert isn't ready to play top six minutes yet.

I don't see many other options at this point, it is either Bert or sammy considering abby is suspended. I really don't think babs wants to push bert to be on the top line and re-injure himself, so as much as I hate sammy this is the only move that makes sense, they need a big body on the top line

I agree. I thought it was fairly obvious that this would happen. The only other option that I could think of, really, was Dan Cleary on the top line. Of course, THAT would have caused even more of an uproar here.

I agree. I thought it was fairly obvious that this would happen. The only other option that I could think of, really, was Dan Cleary on the top line. Of course, THAT would have caused even more of an uproar here.

ya, and who knows maybe playing with dats on the top line in the playoffs will spark a sammy not seen in a long time

The part that depresses me is that we struggle so much to find someone for our top line when Justin freaking Abdelkader is suspended.

Edited by Zetts

Sammy can hit, too. He plays a different game than Abdelkader, but maybe mixing up our attack won't be such a bad thing.

I still don't get why Tootoo isn't allowed to play. Isn't this type of series exactly what we got him for? He must be annoyed. I don't remember him making stupid mistakes or anything to justify his removal from the lineup.

what about andersson???? i know hes a center but hes a body and plays a good 2 way game and then maybe mule can center the 3rd line???

I don't think we can afford to drop him to the Wing. Moving Mule to the third line would then cause a hole in the 2nd line. You need to replace Abby with another big body that can do what he did. Nyquist or any other finesse player isn't going to help on that line. We need a bigger body, especially against the Ducks. Abby was utilizing his body like no other during this series, and was getting under everyone's skin. Plus, Andersson is a solid bottom 6 player. That's where the bread is buttered. I think moving him into the top 6 would cause some problems with him.

The part that depresses me is that we struggle so much to find someone for our top line when Justin freaking Abdelkader is suspended.

We have numerous people that can replace his spot, but not a lot that can replace his "spot" if you get what i'm saying. We have numerous bodies that can roll into that spot and play in the NHL, but we don't have many character players that are willing to finish every check, be a workhorse for pav and Z, put his body in the crease every chance he can get, and be a pest. The closest I can see to that would be Tootoo, and i'm not sure how we would feel about that. Bert needs games before he could be up-to-speed top 6 Bert. He looked horrible on the 4th line the other night. As much slack as Abby got around here, he's going to be damn missed these next 2 games.

Guest The Axe

i dont get why babcock is in love with samuelsson so much hopefully itll only be for one shift and the wings will wake up and buy him out in the off season , and tootoo out again when he along with emmerton and eaves were starting to get some good chemistry going

anyone else think maybe we if it might be better if we would consider splitting up franzen datsyuk and zetterberg and have them be on lines 1 to 3 to try and get some scoring ?

filppula datsyuk bertuzzi

nyquist zetterberg brunner

franzen andersson cleary

something like that?? having mule on the 3rd line playing against the ducks 3rd and 4th lines and 3rd pairing dmen could help us get some goals

I like it.

I hardly even noticed Sammy out there last game. But, the stats sheet says he got an interference penalty on Selanne, 2 shots, 2 hits, and -1 in 11:48 TOI. Played with Eaves and Emmerton on the 4th line. From 4th to 1st--what a promotion!

It kinda sucks though that Abdelkader is out, cause the past 15-20 games he's been really really good. He's scoring, hitting and he's getting the puck for Z and Dats. He's the new Homer with a different useful set of skills aside from the puck retrieval part, which they're both good at.

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Unless Toots is injured I see so many more pros than cons by inserting him. i dont care what line he is on...this is very frustrating. Energy energy energy at home and he has proven time n time again that he can ignite that crowd and more importantly spark his line and create opportunities.

This seems like a risky move, but not necessarily a bad one. It isn't like Abby had some irreplaceable skill that were missing now. Sammy can easily play the annoying pest role to make room for dats and z.

With this move, we don't have to blow up the other lines which seem to be working pretty well

Guest Johnz96

Other than the rust he would probably be better there than Abby