• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Samuelsson on the top line tonight - god help us all !

Rate this topic

Tatar!!!!! I wish! Lol

Like some have said, Bertuzzi obviously isn't ready or feeling good enough, so hopefully datsyuk can start setting up a guy that has no fear of shooting the puck. Only problem I see is zero net front presence on that line but the line of getzlaf, perry, and Ryan aren't really net front either. Until Howard gets the puck then Perry does everything he can to fall on to Howard

I wonder if Tootoo was hanging out with White when he did whatever it was that pissed Babcock off...I feel like Tootoo is continually underestimated and underutilized, especially in a series against a bunch of scum like Anaheim.

Why does everyone think that Tootoo isn't going to play tonight? We need another forward. Taking Sammy from the 4th line and putting him on the 1st line still leaves a void on the 4th line. Between Tootoo and Bertuzzi, I'd see Tootoo in because Bertuzzi showed he didn't have the energy for the game at this time. So until Babcock says Bert is in instead of Tootoo, we can all just sit calmly and not jump to conclusions that he isn't being played tonight.

Why does everyone think that Tootoo isn't going to play tonight? We need another forward. Taking Sammy from the 4th line and putting him on the 1st line still leaves a void on the 4th line. Between Tootoo and Bertuzzi, I'd see Tootoo in because Bertuzzi showed he didn't have the energy for the game at this time. So until Babcock says Bert is in instead of Tootoo, we can all just sit calmly and not jump to conclusions that he isn't being played tonight.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/05/red_wings_insert_todd_bertuzzi.html

They're not playing him, but honestly, my original post was more directed at the notion of putting Tootoo on the top line to replace Abdelkader. In my mind, it's really not that implausible, but obviously I'm just a guy on an internet forum ;)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/05/red_wings_insert_todd_bertuzzi.html

They're not playing him, but honestly, my original post was more directed at the notion of putting Tootoo on the top line to replace Abdelkader. In my mind, it's really not that implausible, but obviously I'm just a guy on an internet forum ;)

Well then! I don't really see the point in playing Bertuzzi who looked absolutely horrible out there the other day, but i'll let the coach do his job.

Why not Tatar? Oh wait makes too much sense!

They can't bring up Tatar, so yes, it does make too much sense. Until the Griffins are out of the playoffs, we aren't going to grab anyone from the Griffs unless an injury happens and it requires an emergency call-up. Blame the Griffins making the playoffs I suppose?

Guest Crymson

Bertuzzi is in no shape to be playing on the 4th line, let alone the top line.

They can't bring up Tatar, so yes, it does make too much sense. Until the Griffins are out of the playoffs, we aren't going to grab anyone from the Griffs unless an injury happens and it requires an emergency call-up. Blame the Griffins making the playoffs I suppose?

Quit it with the facts!

Im A big Bert guy but he is more of a liability right now than Tootoo.

Bert size is great but it does nothing if he cant get in position in a timely manner to use it. And pucks will bouncing off his stick like golfballs off tennis rackets.

Oh I did not know that. I knew that was the rule after the deadline but I thought once playoffs started you could use anyone. It's probably because the Griffs aren't usually in the playoffs. My bad

Didn't we do this in game 1 of the 2008 Finals, where Sammy scored two goals?

Problem is, this is 2013, not 2008. This organization needs to stop living in the past so much.

Sammy can hit, too. He plays a different game than Abdelkader, but maybe mixing up our attack won't be such a bad thing.

I still don't get why Tootoo isn't allowed to play. Isn't this type of series exactly what we got him for? He must be annoyed. I don't remember him making stupid mistakes or anything to justify his removal from the lineup.

Hit what? A bong?

Guest Crymson

Didn't we do this in game 1 of the 2008 Finals, where Sammy scored two goals?

Problem is, this is 2013, not 2008. This organization needs to stop living in the past so much.

Hit what? A bong?

Samuelsson was on the ice with Franzen and Filppula in that series.

Abdelkader, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary. When those are your options on the first line, none of it is good. Speaks to the desperate need for a goal-scoring winger this summer.

For the last several summers, actually.

I've given up on Holland getting that player. He doesn't want to overspend, even though that's what current market price is.

Guest Crymson

For the last several summers, actually.

I've given up on Holland getting that player. He doesn't want to overspend, even though that's what current market price is.

Exactly whom has he had the opportunity to overspend on?

Exactly whom has he had the opportunity to overspend on?

Unfortunately, Samuelsson. Those are the only types of players he overspends on anymore. Same with overspending on Quincey.

We'll never convince a good top 6 winger to come here without spending big. Otherwise, we'll have to develop one, and we don't have any legit scoring wingers in GR right now. Let alone, big physical ones.