Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 4 GDT : Ducks 2 @ Red Wings 3 (OT) - (Series tied, 2-2)

• Please log in to reply
1051 replies to this topic

#1001 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

I just got back from the game and omg my voice is so shot. Easily the best Wings game I have ever been to. Howard played amazing and saved our asses more than a couple times.

The crowd was unreal. I don't know how clear everything on TV was but there was a "Let's go Red Wings" chant literally every 15 seconds and the "You got Kronwalled" chant was just so epic. Nice to see the "Todd Bertuzzi" chant back as well. For my girlfriends first game ever, she is now spoiled if I ever take her to a regular season game. I don't have anything else to say, that was so great!

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 07 May 2013 - 01:39 AM.

#1002 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Wish Dekeseyer was getting this experience... Huge difference in Smith after he scored. Datsyuk turned into a complete freak in the second half of the game. Hitting everything Abdelkader-like, shooting the puck like ovechkin and playing great defensively. Best player in the world

#1003 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

We're too young now.

Damnit, Holland!

#1004 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Awesome!  Naming Datsyuk the best Russian player is a bit of an insult, he's far more than that, probably one of the best players all around.  

#1005 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

This win must have been a coaching victory. Babs somehow got the kids to (mostly) focus. Hopefully it can work again.

Lashoff, though... dunno if I've seen a player with so much potential make such dumb mistakes randomly. Kid needs to start meditating or something.

#1006 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

This win must have been a coaching victory. Babs somehow got the kids to (mostly) focus. Hopefully it can work again.

Lashoff, though... dunno if I've seen a player with so much potential make such dumb mistakes randomly. Kid needs to start meditating or something.

Quincey standing there by his net with the puck in his skates.  Kindl with the horrible pass across the blueline that Getzlaf picked off for a breakaway.  Smith scrambling.  Many of the D men had their bad moments tonight. 

You gotta remember that Lashoff was playing in his second ever NHL playoff game and only 33rd NHL game total .  He'll likely get better.

#1007 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

I want tootoo to kill Perry, Sellout-ne, or Getslapped.

Better yet, all 3.  

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#1008 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

God, this win is huge.

Our third line is nasty. Nyquist is a rock star. Brunner is a clockwork rock. Brunner is an assassin.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1009 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

I just got back from the game and omg my voice is so shot. Easily the best Wings game I have ever been too. Howard played amazing and saved our asses more than a couple times.

The crowd was unreal. I don't know how clear everything on TV was but there was a "Let's go Red Wings" chant literally every 15 seconds and the "You got Kronwalled" chant was just so epic. Nice to see the "Todd Bertuzzi" chant back as well. For my girlfriends first game ever, she is now spoiled if I ever take her to a regular season game. I don't have anything else to say, that was so great!

I was there too!

I have never heard the Joe that electric in all my years of attending games.  I wish I could watch the game again on TV to see how much of our screaming translated to FSN or NBC.  I cannot speak at all right now with how hoarse I am.  What a night!

#1010 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

I was there too!

I have never heard the Joe that electric in all my years of attending games.  I wish I could watch the game again on TV to see how much of our screaming translated to FSN or NBC.  I cannot speak at all right now with how hoarse I am.  What a night!

It was loud on TV.

#1011 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

ANYONE MISS THE FS-D CALL OF THE BRUNNER WINNER?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#1012 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

I thought that it was interesting that Brunner played only 11:16, the least out of any Red Wing

The 2nd Ducks goal was his man. Babs wasn't happy with him.

#1013 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

So...Babs pretty much confirmed Brunner's coming back, and staying. No?

(Re: His comments re: Brunner in the post-game presser.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1014 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

We out-hit them 38-26. Crazy.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1015 HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

ANYONE MISS THE FS-D CALL OF THE BRUNNER WINNER?

That made the hairs on my arms stand up.

#1016 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'm little pissed because I missed the game but of course happy about the huge win. Looks like the Joe was rocking, "You got Kronwalled" chant and all! :lol:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#1017 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Filppula played an awesome game last night!  He look'd like a man possessed out there.  I feel bad he is playing with Cleary, Nyquist, Brunner or Tatar would be...whatever it was a good game Sammy looked alright, Bert should be put with Pavel for game 5... 

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1018 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Wish Dekeseyer was getting this experience... Huge difference in Smith after he scored. Datsyuk turned into a complete freak in the second half of the game. Hitting everything Abdelkader-like, shooting the puck like ovechkin and playing great defensively. Best player in the world

In a "How Stella got her groove back" type way :lol: .  He was making a lot of rookie mistakes over the past group of games.  He seemed to settle down finally after his 1st goal and then he assisted on the GTG.  I really wish he went full circle and assisted on the GWG too, but I'm just glad the boys got it in a game where they deserved a win.  I still love how the Ducks had 3 PP's to our 1 and the "high-sticking" call on Andersson where Perry's stick hit his own face, right after that the Ducks got away with mauling Dats and 1 other penalty.  I also loved the blatant interference of the Ducks Dman on Tuzzi in the 1st period.  Refs really set a tempo of not calling jack for the Wings right away. 

Good thing the hockey gods favored us in that game, and so they should have.  They worked their asses off last night.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1019 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Only players who had bad games were Sammy and Smith (despite the points). Sammy settled down as the game went on but he made three mistakes in his first two or three shifts.

Zetterberg needs to score, too. And that's two games without a Franzen goal.
I hope we can close them out in 6, because we've had jitters in game 1, and the first game at home. I imagine they'd have jitters in a Game 7, too. I'm loving the passion I see that was missing all year. Our rookies are going to be better than I thought!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1020 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

I don't think I've seen them play a more complete game all season. They dominated the majority of all 3 periods and overtime.
Imagine how heartbreaking that game would be if hiller ended up stealing that game

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy