Photo
- - - - -

WCQF Game 4 GDT : Ducks 2 @ Red Wings 3 (OT) - (Series tied, 2-2)

• Please log in to reply
1051 replies to this topic

#1021 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

ANYONE MISS THE FS-D CALL OF THE BRUNNER WINNER?

I just watched the FS-D feed for the Datsyuk goal..."ITS IN!  Oh my god, oh my god"  Priceless 

......On a side note HOLY s*** PAVEL DATSYUK

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1022 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

20130507002205_2013-0506-dm-wings8.jpg

D-Mac before the game! :lol:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#1023 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Here's a positive nugget from ESPN: During the Red Wings' run of playing in 22 straight postseasons, they have won 11 of 19 series that were tied at 2-2.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#1024 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Great game!! 2-2 going back to ANA. Let's Go Red Wings!!

IPB Image

#1025 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

20130507002205_2013-0506-dm-wings8.jpg

D-Mac before the game! :lol:

I'm sure a big part of it is those goofy glasses but I didn't even recognize him.  I had to read the post to figure out who it was. 

#1026 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm sure a big part of it is those goofy glasses but I didn't even recognize him.  I had to read the post to figure out who it was. 

I'm still not certain that is D Mac.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#1027 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm still not certain that is D Mac.

According to detroitnews.com he is. I wouldn't have recognized him either.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#1028 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Am I the only one a little concerned after last night's game?  The way I see it, this was a statement game for the Wings.  They got shellacked at their playoff home opener and went down a game in the series; they should have come out with both barrels blazing and taken control of that game from the getgo, yet Anaheim takes them to OT.  IMO the Ducks are the ones that got momentum out of that game - the Wings came away merely with a sense of relief.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#1029 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Am I the only one a little concerned after last night's game?  The way I see it, this was a statement game for the Wings.  They got shellacked at their playoff home opener and went down a game in the series; they should have come out with both barrels blazing and taken control of that game from the getgo, yet Anaheim takes them to OT.  IMO the Ducks are the ones that got momentum out of that game - the Wings came away merely with a sense of relief.

From how Anaheim fans are speaking of the game, they believe that the Ducks played poorly. They do not agree.

#1030 TheWolf

TheWolf

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

The Red Wings just flat out aren't creating.  I'm not sure who is pushing the idea, but taking the puck to the corner and then blasting it at a goalie hugging the post is not going to work.  There is little passing around the net to make them shift or move around.  The Ducks collapse in the middle and other than a handful of times, they don't allow or we don't try to get near the middle.

On our defensive end, I have NEVER, EVER seen a playoff team give up backside opportunities like the Wings this series.  Every time the Ducks charge down ice someone seems to forgot the back post attacker. Everyone collapses idiotically on the guy with the puck or forgets there are 4 other guys out there, and we get burned.  How many times did we see Howard have to bail us out with a one on one save when they passed it to a WIDE open Duck crashing the backpost?  I don't get it, and it is happening consistently. 

I don't see how we can win the series with the way we are playing.  We might have more shots, but they had much better opportunities to score. 

Adjustments have to be made and we have to play a lot better. 

Edited by TheWolf, 07 May 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#1031 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

This will be my new tactic of voicing my displeasure about anything in life, ever.

@RedWingsFeed: Red Wings Fan Vigorously Jiggles Her Boobs At Referees http://t.co/epOXVjyQw8

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1032 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

This will be my new tactic of voicing my displeasure about anything in life, ever.

@RedWingsFeed: Red Wings Fan Vigorously Jiggles Her Boobs At Referees http://t.co/epOXVjyQw8

HAHAHAHA I don't really know what she was trying to accomplish with that, but I like the enthusiasm. lol

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#1033 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I thought we had a pretty good game.  Lots of shots, lots of chances, pretty good gap control, but we just can't finish.  I don't know why.

Babs was just on the Jay Mohr show (called in from the plane) and Mohr asked what movie the plane was showing, Babs said he was pulling out his laptop to watch film and Mohr suggested they play the Mighty Ducks.  Then he asked who his favorite wrestler was.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#1034 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Detroit dominated last night. Hiller was the only reason it wasn't a blowout win. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1035 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Got to play desperate tomorrow... Hit everything and fire the puck. Treat it like a must win
  • DBR likes this

#1036 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Got to play desperate tomorrow... Hit everything and fire the puck. Treat it like a must win

it is a must win

#1037 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Let's not overstate it.  Teams have come back from being down 3-2 in a series, so it's not a must-win.  But it'd sure help a lot more if they did win!

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1038 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

HAHAHAHA! This is hilarious!!!!

Yeah I don't know what she was trying to do either...if I was the ref, I'd be like "hell yeah, I must be doing something right!"

lol

#1039 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

ANYONE MISS THE FS-D CALL OF THE BRUNNER WINNER?

I love how fast Nyquist tries to stop sliding on his knees and haul ass over to the celebration.

I hope the old bear Bert didn't tweak his back jumping for joy at the game winner.

Detroit dominated last night. Hiller was the only reason it wasn't a blowout win. 

I don't know if dominated is the right word:  they were awesome in their Offense, but gave up way too many awesome chances to Anaheim.  Waaay too many.

#1040 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Same.

Don't Toews me, bro!