• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpIron

Playing Eaves over Tootoo

Rate this topic

i also feel tootoo should be in. especially with abby out, we need a physical player. would have been a nice 2 game stretch to have him in there.

i think bert slots in better than sammy on the first line and then you sit sammy and reconfigure the bottom 6 to accommodate both eaves and tootoo.

Eaves wanted it tonight. He gave Hiller the deathstare in the 2nd period. Surprised it didn't kill Hiller.

Dunno why we have logohunter in right now.

Eaves wanted it tonight. He gave Hiller the deathstare in the 2nd period. Surprised it didn't kill Hiller.

Dunno why we have logohunter in right now.

Because at the moment, Tatar is too busy being the enforcer down in GR

Edit: Gordie Howe Hat Trick, plus an extra goal.

Edited by T.Low

Guest Crymson

Because at the moment, Tatar is too busy being the enforcer down in GR

Edit: Gordie Howe Hat Trick, plus an extra goal.

7-0 in the final game of the series. Yikes. Did the Aeros have Patrick Roy in goal?

I might be in the minority here, but I thought Sammy looked fine last night. I loved Bert and Eaves too. I generally look for any excuse I can to complain about Mikael Samuelsson being on this team, but for a first game back I thought he looked good. Also, as good as Bert was all game, I really like him out with Andersson and Nyquist. I was almost impossible to get the puck from him and Andersson on the cycle.

Anyway, they all looked good and I've give them all another game in the lineup.

I agree.

Time to sit Samuelsson and move Bertuzzi to the top line. Bert looked fine tonight. Better than Sammy did playing with top guys.

I don't understand you or the feeling on Sammy in general. People will whine whine whine that we dont shoot enough and we put Sammy on the top line, he doesn't make a glaring mistake all night, takes 4 shots on net, plays good in his own end. Is he our best option for the 1st line? Of course not but a guy who plays mistake free hockey is ok with me.

Edited by puckbags

I think Eaves should be in. Tootoo (if put in) would most likely IMO take Andersson's (sp?) spot. He has seemed lost a few times out there. But I would rather see Andersson than Sammy (but a right handed shot that can play the point on the PP isn't going to be taken out).

So, in theory, in order to play Eaves, Tootoo, Bert, and Sammy it would look something like:

Hank-Pavel-Sammy

Franzen-Flip-Brunner

Nyquist-Eaves-Bert

Tootoo-Emmerton-Cleary

Not great, I put Cleary on the bottom line because he hasn't been very effective IMO. Too many giveaways and bad decisions along the boards. Brunner on the second line as a reward. Bert up from the bottom line because he was GREAT last night. Eaves is listed as a center in the past. Sammy stays on the first line but could easily be swapped with Brunner (both righties).

I think Eaves should be in. Tootoo (if put in) would most likely IMO take Andersson's (sp?) spot. He has seemed lost a few times out there. But I would rather see Andersson than Sammy (but a right handed shot that can play the point on the PP isn't going to be taken out).

So, in theory, in order to play Eaves, Tootoo, Bert, and Sammy it would look something like:

Hank-Pavel-Sammy

Franzen-Flip-Brunner

Nyquist-Eaves-Bert

Tootoo-Emmerton-Cleary

Not great, I put Cleary on the bottom line because he hasn't been very effective IMO. Too many giveaways and bad decisions along the boards. Brunner on the second line as a reward. Bert up from the bottom line because he was GREAT last night. Eaves is listed as a center in the past. Sammy stays on the first line but could easily be swapped with Brunner (both righties).

Doesn't Cleary have like 3 points in this series?

Why demote him now instead of Sammy?

Sammy has looked good. Bert has looked good in his second game. Eaves was a monster last night. Clearly has been a warrior all series and demoting him wouldn't be a good thing to do. Brunner is effective with limited ice time because at this stage of his career, against a big strong team like Anaheim, being on the ice a lot benefits the ducks IMO. Babcock picking his spots to play Brunner paid off last night big time.

They've all looked fine given their situations - Bertuzzi and Samuelsson with limited time due to extended injuries, Eaves remaining on the 4th line, Tootoo providing energy and hitting off/on.

Definitely not against Tootoo playing but since Eaves is specificially mentioned, even though he's all but staying on the 4th line, he also has the capability of killing penalties or playing the PP effectively within a 2nd or 3rd unit.