• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Whining

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Now that the Wings have gone beyond all our rational expectations, can the people who are posting things like "God, we are awful" please just cool it for the rest of the playoffs? We are going to get scored on. And we are going to lose games. That's not Kind. That's not Samuelson. That's not Howard. THAT'S F$%KING SPORTS, PEOPLE. Now is the time to cheer for the Wings. Not trash them. We've got a good squad.

Now that the Wings have gone beyond all our rational expectations, can the people who are posting things like "God, we are awful" please just cool it for the rest of the playoffs? We are going to get scored on. And we are going to lose games. That's not Kind. That's not Samuelson. That's not Howard. THAT'S F$%KING SPORTS, PEOPLE. Now is the time to cheer for the Wings. Not trash them. We've got a good squad.

really axe, you of all people asking people to stop complaining about our team, you remember you started the Howard = Average thread right?

Guest The Axe

really axe, you of all people asking people to stop complaining about our team, you remember you started the Howard = Average thread right?

There's a difference between pointing out stats and making an argument versus being chicken little. You know that.

Guest RedWingsDad

I think 'The Axe' starts controversial threads with the simple goal of getting as many posts as possible in the thread... it doesn't seem that being consistent is his goal. This is why I typically refrain from responding in his threads, and I will go back to doing so now. ;)

Guest The Axe

I think 'The Axe' starts controversial threads with the simple goal of getting as many posts as possible in the thread... it doesn't seem that being consistent is his goal. This is why I typically refrain from responding in his threads, and I will go back to doing so now. ;)

Controversy? In a discussion forum? Nooooo. That's impossible.

Do I need to go dig up all the posts of you complaining?

Just because you've decided to be all sunshine about the Wings now that they've evened the series doesn't mean everyone here needs to fall in line with whatever way the winds have blown your opinion today. Your newfound optimism is no different than people venting saying the Wings suck after a tough loss.

Guest The Axe

Just because you've decided to be all sunshine about the Wings now that they've evened the series doesn't mean everyone here needs to fall in line with whatever way the winds have blown your opinion today. Your newfound optimism is no different than people venting saying the Wings suck after a tough loss.

I complain about Holland. That's about it. I root for the players.

This is where I now will come to post all of my whining post's.

So Cleary WTF is wrong with that guy?! I cannot believe he is still allowed in the top six without Holland being like seriously Mike what are you doing?!

I am all for one thread that can contain all of our bitching if it keeps it from permeating other threads!

It's par for the course around here, there have been a milion Axe's around here, on the wagon, off the wagon, back on, complain, roses, butterflies, back off the wagon....etc..

Guest The Axe

It's par for the course around here, there have been a milion Axe's around here, on the wagon, off the wagon, back on, complain, roses, butterflies, back off the wagon....etc..

Like I said, Holland is my complaint. Ericsson? Nope. You all bashed him. I didn't. Emmerton? Nope. Kindl? Nope. Quincey? Nope. Cleary? Maybe a little razzing, but the older guys having their careers extended (Holmstrom, Bert, Sammy, Clearly, etc) beyond their usefulness is all on Ken Holland. Not the player's fault that they got old / washed up.

Cleary, Sammy, White, Coliacovo and often Quincey can take the train. I'll cheer for everyone else as always. I consistently complain about those plugs and will continue to do so. To offset my distaste for that group, I will praise the other guys anytime I see fit. Doesn't matter if you're a casual Wings fan, or die hard. There's gonna be guys that you love on the team and guys you'd rather not have on the team. Complaning about guys like Cleary falling down all the time is a great way of venting when they constantly blow your mind with their horrific play. If on one ever bitched about any of our players, why would we even bother starting threads about different topics?

I complain about Holland. That's about it. I root for the players.

From just a cursory search:

It's too bad Ken Holland is TOO STUPID, or we'd have many more good playoff runs and few more cups to show for it.

Holmstrom = WTF? This guys is SO USELESS. Why is he around still?

Bertuzzi = WTF? This guy is Tomas Holmstrom, but .25 mph faster.

Stuart = WTF? Why does anybody care that he wants to go to the West Coast? He's horrible. Great. Go ruin San Jose or L.A.

Hudler = WTF? This guy is 5 foot 6. He belongs in the McDonald's playland. Not in the Winged Wheel.

Conklin = WTF. Enough said.

Jimmy Howard = WTF? This guy isn't a top 10 goalie. He should be the BACK-UP. Not the Starter.

If Sammy makes us bigger and stronger, im afraid. He is the biggest floater in the league. Absolute ZERO playoff value. Does anyone honestly believe the team, as it stands now, can get past the first round?

If all of these "prospects" were so good, they'd be with the team. You dont hold talent thats nhl ready back. You hold talent that is not nhl ready back. Unfortunately, if your not nhl ready by 21 or 22, odds are your "talent" isnt nhl caliber talent.

Tootoo, gustavson, samuelsson, bertuzzi, and quincey. 13 million per year for JUNK. Great job Holland.

Yah. I think Fil, Hank, and Dats need to stay put still. Cleary and Franzen are expendable.

If our amazing amount of young talent is so amazing, why are giys like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Tootoo, Eaves, Miller, and Samuelsson getting the minutes? People need to wake up and realize that Tatar, Nyquist, Brunner, etc all would have had 60-80 games played last year if they were so amazing. The Darren Helms and Dwight Kings of hockey dont get held bacl for development long, much less the Datsyuks and Kopitars.

Should I keep going?

Like I said, I understand getting upset when a team is losing or not looking good, then feeling more optimistic when they actually play well. But spare me the lectures on how people should post just because you're feeling good about the team.

One last one. You claim:

Like I said, Holland is my complaint. Ericsson? Nope. You all bashed him. I didn't. Emmerton? Nope. Kindl? Nope. Quincey? Nope. Cleary? Maybe a little razzing, but the older guys having their careers extended (Holmstrom, Bert, Sammy, Clearly, etc) beyond their usefulness is all on Ken Holland. Not the player's fault that they got old / washed up.

But...

People praying to Ericcson to become a solid d man? Please. This guy is a 6th dman. Not a top 4.

Guest The Axe

I peronally like Axe's turnaround. They've reached or exceeded most people's expectations, so why keep complaining?

This is all I'm getting at. More the timing of it than the actual complaining.

Good evidence, Harold. Your fact checking proves that I bytch a lot in the off season after we get smoked and our GM does nothing to improve the team. I was pretty discouraged last summer.