• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Anyone else hear that he signed a 2 year deal with the KHL? Seen a post on twitter but no where else.

#2 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

http://bit.ly/18SEf6Z

translation (or lack thereof) by Google.

The Slovenian attacker has signed a two year, the Amur in Khabarovsk.

Zagreb is Monday  Jan Murs  leigazolásáról dreamed , but on Tuesday revealed no avail. The 25-year-old Slovenian attacking two-year contract with the Far East, KHL team, so the NHL is his massive striker of the first Slovenian player in the KHL. Murs is also Detroit's AHL farm team, the Grand Rapids Griffins interested in the playoffs, so you do not fix your country válogatottját Vebe of the group.

Edited by FireCaptain, 07 May 2013 - 09:39 AM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#3 HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

I saw on the hf forums he'll be http://maps.google.c...2&ved=0CJwBELYD

Thats gonna be a LOT of travelling

#4 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

He had no future in the NHL....now Grand Rapids has a roster spot to sign Quine or Hudon....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#5 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Good for Mursak.  Take the money,  do well over seas, then hope that it works out to be a similar path as Rafalski took.

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Isn't it against the transfer rules to sign with another league while still under contract in the NHL?

#7 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Best of luck to him. He keeps getting destroyed by big players, so Europe will likely be a better place form his speed and game style.  The big ice will serve him well.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#8 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Small and a good skater. Enjoy the big ice. Hopefully he doesn't get leveled in the KHL as he was accustomed to every shift here.

#9 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

Isn't it against the transfer rules to sign with another league while still under contract in the NHL?

I'm guessing his contract starts next year and he might have had to get the Red Wing's permission to sign it. We weren't going to bring him back so I assume they don't care. 

Best of luck to him, I always hoped he'd succeed. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#10 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

There's no role for him on the Wings. Best choice from him.

"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#11 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

That travel will be disgusting. The distance between his new hockey home and Moscow is the equivalent of travelling across the US almost 3 times.

#12 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

That travel will be disgusting. The distance between his new hockey home and Moscow is the equivalent of travelling across the US almost 3 times.

Hola, Siberia.

#13 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I don't think it matters since his contract was set to expire after this season.  I believe you're allowed to sign while under contact, so long as the contract terms don't overlap.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#14 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Sorry to pull this topic back up, but I feel it's worth a little discussion. 

Mursak's stats for the AHL playoffs is   20GP 10G 6A 16PTS +/- 14

He seems to be tearing it up down there.  I haven't been able to watch full Griffs games so I've only been able to see highlights, so obviously I'm only going to see the good stuff, but damn he looks good out there!  I'm just curious as to why the general consensus is that he has no place on the Wings roster.  Is it mainly because of him getting injured?  I know a stellar AHL performance doesn't always translate to success in the NHL but I feel like he could have some relevance on this team.  

I know he cleared waivers, so I'm obviously missing something.  It just seems like a shame that he's just going to walk. 

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

He seems to be tearing it up down there.  I haven't been able to watch full Griffs games so I've only been able to see highlights, so obviously I'm only going to see the good stuff, but damn he looks good out there!  I'm just curious as to why the general consensus is that he has no place on the Wings roster.  Is it mainly because of him getting injured?  I know a stellar AHL performance doesn't always translate to success in the NHL but I feel like he could have some relevance on this team.  

I know he cleared waivers, so I'm obviously missing something.  It just seems like a shame that he's just going to walk. 

He's doing well for the Griffins, certainly. Working hard, skating well, and on a line that competes every shift. He's the equivalent of a AAAA player in baseball, though. Excels in the minors, but not quite able to earn a spot with the big club.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#16 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Recent history is full of players who terrorize the AHL but flop in the NHL. See Alexandre Giroux (704 points in 771 AHL games, 12 points in 48 NHL games), Chris Bourque (431 points in 422 AHL games, 4 points in 33 NHL games), and Keith Aucoin (814 points in 707 AHL games, 49 points in 143 NHL games) for details.

Simply put, Mursak is small, injury prone, and not particularly offensively gifted at the NHL level. If he does well in the KHL, I suspect he'll return to the NHL soon enough.

#17 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Why the "general consensus" is two fold:  Because internet posters tend to rude, harsh, and negative, and secondly, because Babcock was correct when he indicated that Mursak didn't "grab hold of anything" while he was up with the Wings.

As opposed to Nyquist and Tatar, he simply wasn't hard enough on the puck, and not strong enough on it when he did have it.  He got knocked around a lot.  Nyquist and Tatar have been successful and figuring out ways to create time and space to play their game in the much tighter NHL, but Mursak has not been observed making that major adjustment.

#18 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

That broken ankle pretty much ruined his chances in the NHL.

Bummer, I was hoping he'd develop into another Helm type guy.

#19 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

That broken ankle pretty much ruined his chances in the NHL.

Bummer, I was hoping he'd develop into another Helm type guy.

This is exactly how I feel.  I always hoped he would turn out to be a more offensive (obviously less defensive) version of Helm.  His speed is ridiculous.

I've had surgeries on both of my ankles and I know how much that crap can set you back.  I cringe every time I hear about players breaking, or otherwise seriously injuring their ankles.  He did the in a preseason game didn't he?

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#20 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

This is exactly how I feel.  I always hoped he would turn out to be a more offensive (obviously less defensive) version of Helm.  His speed is ridiculous.

I've had surgeries on both of my ankles and I know how much that crap can set you back.  I cringe every time I hear about players breaking, or otherwise seriously injuring their ankles.  He did the in a preseason game didn't he?

Yes, preseason last year I think.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid