• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingCraig

Mursak?

Rate this topic

http://bit.ly/18SEf6Z

translation (or lack thereof) by Google.

The Slovenian attacker has signed a two year, the Amur in Khabarovsk.

Zagreb is Monday Jan Murs leigazolásáról dreamed , but on Tuesday revealed no avail. The 25-year-old Slovenian attacking two-year contract with the Far East, KHL team, so the NHL is his massive striker of the first Slovenian player in the KHL. Murs is also Detroit's AHL farm team, the Grand Rapids Griffins interested in the playoffs, so you do not fix your country válogatottját Vebe of the group.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest Crymson

Isn't it against the transfer rules to sign with another league while still under contract in the NHL?

Isn't it against the transfer rules to sign with another league while still under contract in the NHL?

I'm guessing his contract starts next year and he might have had to get the Red Wing's permission to sign it. We weren't going to bring him back so I assume they don't care.

Best of luck to him, I always hoped he'd succeed.

Guest Crymson

That travel will be disgusting. The distance between his new hockey home and Moscow is the equivalent of travelling across the US almost 3 times.

Hola, Siberia.

I don't think it matters since his contract was set to expire after this season. I believe you're allowed to sign while under contact, so long as the contract terms don't overlap.

Sorry to pull this topic back up, but I feel it's worth a little discussion.

Mursak's stats for the AHL playoffs is 20GP 10G 6A 16PTS +/- 14

He seems to be tearing it up down there. I haven't been able to watch full Griffs games so I've only been able to see highlights, so obviously I'm only going to see the good stuff, but damn he looks good out there! I'm just curious as to why the general consensus is that he has no place on the Wings roster. Is it mainly because of him getting injured? I know a stellar AHL performance doesn't always translate to success in the NHL but I feel like he could have some relevance on this team.

I know he cleared waivers, so I'm obviously missing something. It just seems like a shame that he's just going to walk.

He seems to be tearing it up down there. I haven't been able to watch full Griffs games so I've only been able to see highlights, so obviously I'm only going to see the good stuff, but damn he looks good out there! I'm just curious as to why the general consensus is that he has no place on the Wings roster. Is it mainly because of him getting injured? I know a stellar AHL performance doesn't always translate to success in the NHL but I feel like he could have some relevance on this team.

I know he cleared waivers, so I'm obviously missing something. It just seems like a shame that he's just going to walk.

He's doing well for the Griffins, certainly. Working hard, skating well, and on a line that competes every shift. He's the equivalent of a AAAA player in baseball, though. Excels in the minors, but not quite able to earn a spot with the big club.

Guest Crymson

Recent history is full of players who terrorize the AHL but flop in the NHL. See Alexandre Giroux (704 points in 771 AHL games, 12 points in 48 NHL games), Chris Bourque (431 points in 422 AHL games, 4 points in 33 NHL games), and Keith Aucoin (814 points in 707 AHL games, 49 points in 143 NHL games) for details.

Simply put, Mursak is small, injury prone, and not particularly offensively gifted at the NHL level. If he does well in the KHL, I suspect he'll return to the NHL soon enough.

Why the "general consensus" is two fold: Because internet posters tend to rude, harsh, and negative, and secondly, because Babcock was correct when he indicated that Mursak didn't "grab hold of anything" while he was up with the Wings.

As opposed to Nyquist and Tatar, he simply wasn't hard enough on the puck, and not strong enough on it when he did have it. He got knocked around a lot. Nyquist and Tatar have been successful and figuring out ways to create time and space to play their game in the much tighter NHL, but Mursak has not been observed making that major adjustment.

That broken ankle pretty much ruined his chances in the NHL.

Bummer, I was hoping he'd develop into another Helm type guy.

This is exactly how I feel. I always hoped he would turn out to be a more offensive (obviously less defensive) version of Helm. His speed is ridiculous.

I've had surgeries on both of my ankles and I know how much that crap can set you back. I cringe every time I hear about players breaking, or otherwise seriously injuring their ankles. He did the in a preseason game didn't he?

This is exactly how I feel. I always hoped he would turn out to be a more offensive (obviously less defensive) version of Helm. His speed is ridiculous.

I've had surgeries on both of my ankles and I know how much that crap can set you back. I cringe every time I hear about players breaking, or otherwise seriously injuring their ankles. He did the in a preseason game didn't he?

Yes, preseason last year I think.

Mursak has shown that his speed is elite in the Ahl. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to the NHL where his competition is closer to the speed he is, while being much bigger. Just too light of a forward to make it in todays NHL. Only an elite percentage of light forwards make it. He will flourish in the open ice of the KHL.

Guest Johnz96

Mursak has shown that his speed is elite in the Ahl. Unfortunately it doesn't translate to the NHL where his competition is closer to the speed he is, while being much bigger. Just too light of a forward to make it in todays NHL. Only an elite percentage of light forwards make it. He will flourish in the open ice of the KHL.

He weighs about as much as Wayne Simmons and Brad Marchand.

He was unfortunate to have injury problems when he needed tp show what he's got.