• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

I know it's not just Shanahan but seriously the department of player safety has missed a lot of things in the playoffs so far.
What are some of the dirtiest things you've seen go unpunished so far?
This one stands out for me

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#2 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Corey Perry's devastating high sticking to his own face. That bastard should be suspended indefinitely.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#3 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

4250831_A7_C7_E4_B21_D57_DAF7174_EBC.jpg

Don't Toews me, bro!

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Montreal players starting crap, Subban jumping a guy, another one shooting at a Senators player, Hulk Weber he doesn't see the obvious but well he is in front of a great company with guys like Bettman.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#5 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

How can stuff like this not be looked at? It seems like if it's a hockey play it gets looked at but if it's just a good ol' fashioned attempt at assault the league doesn't care.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#6 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

The NHL has made it clear that it is a okay to elbow but not make a hard body check.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#7 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

5d1f2164ad7e1a47493bd72090525261fc251406

That is all!   :w00t:

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#8 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Henrik Sedin trying to decapitate Logan Couture.

#9 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Henrik Sedin trying to decapitate Logan Couture.

I wish that actually happened tbh

bringit.jpg

#10 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

It's all going to be subjective no matter what.

You can through the angle out all day of protecting star players with no suspensions or minimal fines, I understand that, but Shanahan is in a position where it is all but impossible to please everybody 100% of the time.

#11 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

It's all going to be subjective no matter what.

You can through the angle out all day of protecting star players with no suspensions or minimal fines, I understand that, but Shanahan is in a position where it is all but impossible to please everybody 100% of the time.

The problem is he shouldn't have to please anybody, he should be 100% consistent (or his little band of merry men who come to the decisions) and they shouldn't listen to Bettman and his bulls*** stars have to be on the ice. It would be a lot better for the league if people understood what was going on, it was consistent, and there wasn't any one playing favorites. its even worse that it seems like he is harder on Detroit because he has to be to avoid looking like a homer... usually Detroit plays one of the cleaner games in the league, they have to or they'd be hit with suspensions left and right.

#12 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Corey Perry's devastating high sticking to his own face. That bastard should be suspended indefinitely.

Most epic thing posted on this forum in a while.

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Things that Shanny missed....

Retiring in 2009 a Red Wing with one more Cup to his name (could have been the difference in 2009 too!)

...poor, poor Shanny.  Don't be bitter, you were the quitter....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#14 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

I think I've cracked the code:

100% intended, and successful, contact with the head = Not a suspendable action

Unintended, but successful, contact with the head = Suspendable action

Completely reckless and high potential of injury hit(s) to the head = Forfeiture of 0.000000000006% of the accused player's annual salary.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#15 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Are we really still stuck on this subject?  Really?

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#16 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

TOO many to list.  

#17 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

This seems pretty childish to be honest. All I can think of when I read this thread for the first time yesterday was when I was in first grade and someone told on me for saying a bad word, and then I tried to bring all the others down with me by telling on them to a different teacher. Abby got a suspension for a flying elbow, it's not a huge deal. There is no need to make a thread to blame Shanahan on incidents that he's "missed" as a way to somehow reconcile your displeasure. I'm fairly certain if Abby was not suspended, this thread would not have been here and instead the tone would be along the lines of "Shanahan is letting the players play real hockey!!!"

#18 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

So let me make sure I'm on the same page here; it's childish to be irritated about the league dropping the ball on setting the standard for what on-ice actions constitute fines/suspensions, but its completely acceptable to make a "Howard is average" or "We like our team", the world is falling apart, threads/posts literally every time the Wings lose?

Ok, buddy. :ok:

For the record, this first grader thinks the suspension on Abby was a good call.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#19 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

This seems pretty childish to be honest. All I can think of when I read this thread for the first time yesterday was when I was in first grade and someone told on me for saying a bad word, and then I tried to bring all the others down with me by telling on them to a different teacher. Abby got a suspension for a flying elbow, it's not a huge deal. There is no need to make a thread to blame Shanahan on incidents that he's "missed" as a way to somehow reconcile your displeasure. I'm fairly certain if Abby was not suspended, this thread would not have been here and instead the tone would be along the lines of "Shanahan is letting the players play real hockey!!!"

So do you think Shanahan dropped the ball or not?  Cause that's what this thread is actually discussing.  Not swearing in 1st grade. 

I for one think Shanahan took this week off.  You don't have a game like game 3 in the Sens/Habs series and not throw the rag on those after suspending Gryba the destroyer and Abby.  And Abdelkader didn't have a flying elbow.  It was a shoulder to shoulder and Lydman's head snapped into Abby's shoulder and then his feet left the ice on impact.  However you break that one down though, to each their own, there was no elbow on the play.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#20 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

The elbows that went unpunished are a joke when compared to the clean Abdelkader and Gryba hits. THe NHL is basically saying you can throw cheapshots but god forbid you hit a guy cleanly with force.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter