• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ally

Things that Shanny missed.

Rate this topic

I know it's not just Shanahan but seriously the department of player safety has missed a lot of things in the playoffs so far.

What are some of the dirtiest things you've seen go unpunished so far?

This one stands out for me

How can stuff like this not be looked at? It seems like if it's a hockey play it gets looked at but if it's just a good ol' fashioned attempt at assault the league doesn't care.

It's all going to be subjective no matter what.

You can through the angle out all day of protecting star players with no suspensions or minimal fines, I understand that, but Shanahan is in a position where it is all but impossible to please everybody 100% of the time.

It's all going to be subjective no matter what.

You can through the angle out all day of protecting star players with no suspensions or minimal fines, I understand that, but Shanahan is in a position where it is all but impossible to please everybody 100% of the time.

The problem is he shouldn't have to please anybody, he should be 100% consistent (or his little band of merry men who come to the decisions) and they shouldn't listen to Bettman and his bulls*** stars have to be on the ice. It would be a lot better for the league if people understood what was going on, it was consistent, and there wasn't any one playing favorites. its even worse that it seems like he is harder on Detroit because he has to be to avoid looking like a homer... usually Detroit plays one of the cleaner games in the league, they have to or they'd be hit with suspensions left and right.

I think I've cracked the code:

100% intended, and successful, contact with the head = Not a suspendable action

Unintended, but successful, contact with the head = Suspendable action

Completely reckless and high potential of injury hit(s) to the head = Forfeiture of 0.000000000006% of the accused player's annual salary.

This seems pretty childish to be honest. All I can think of when I read this thread for the first time yesterday was when I was in first grade and someone told on me for saying a bad word, and then I tried to bring all the others down with me by telling on them to a different teacher. Abby got a suspension for a flying elbow, it's not a huge deal. There is no need to make a thread to blame Shanahan on incidents that he's "missed" as a way to somehow reconcile your displeasure. I'm fairly certain if Abby was not suspended, this thread would not have been here and instead the tone would be along the lines of "Shanahan is letting the players play real hockey!!!"

So let me make sure I'm on the same page here; it's childish to be irritated about the league dropping the ball on setting the standard for what on-ice actions constitute fines/suspensions, but its completely acceptable to make a "Howard is average" or "We like our team", the world is falling apart, threads/posts literally every time the Wings lose?

Ok, buddy. :ok:

For the record, this first grader thinks the suspension on Abby was a good call.

This seems pretty childish to be honest. All I can think of when I read this thread for the first time yesterday was when I was in first grade and someone told on me for saying a bad word, and then I tried to bring all the others down with me by telling on them to a different teacher. Abby got a suspension for a flying elbow, it's not a huge deal. There is no need to make a thread to blame Shanahan on incidents that he's "missed" as a way to somehow reconcile your displeasure. I'm fairly certain if Abby was not suspended, this thread would not have been here and instead the tone would be along the lines of "Shanahan is letting the players play real hockey!!!"

So do you think Shanahan dropped the ball or not? Cause that's what this thread is actually discussing. Not swearing in 1st grade.

I for one think Shanahan took this week off. You don't have a game like game 3 in the Sens/Habs series and not throw the rag on those after suspending Gryba the destroyer and Abby. And Abdelkader didn't have a flying elbow. It was a shoulder to shoulder and Lydman's head snapped into Abby's shoulder and then his feet left the ice on impact. However you break that one down though, to each their own, there was no elbow on the play.

, another one shooting at a Senators player,

This one blows my mind and I am shocked it isnt being talked about more in the media. The only thing I can think of it the media was told not to discuss it. He could have killed someone. It's not like he just flipped it at him. He took a full windup slapshot. To me that is a match penalty intent to injure and he should sit 5 games. Unreal that this wasnt made a bigger deal.

So let me make sure I'm on the same page here; it's childish to be irritated about the league dropping the ball on setting the standard for what on-ice actions constitute fines/suspensions, but its completely acceptable to make a "Howard is average" or "We like our team", the world is falling apart, threads/posts literally every time the Wings lose?

Ok, buddy. :ok:

For the record, this first grader thinks the suspension on Abby was a good call.

Right, where did I say I promoted any of those threads?

So do you think Shanahan dropped the ball or not? Cause that's what this thread is actually discussing. Not swearing in 1st grade.

I for one think Shanahan took this week off. You don't have a game like game 3 in the Sens/Habs series and not throw the rag on those after suspending Gryba the destroyer and Abby. And Abdelkader didn't have a flying elbow. It was a shoulder to shoulder and Lydman's head snapped into Abby's shoulder and then his feet left the ice on impact. However you break that one down though, to each their own, there was no elbow on the play.

I don't think he dropped the ball; Abby clearly elbowed the guy in the head if you watch the video from the angle near the benches. You can make all the excuses you want and complain about how other teams are getting away with hits, but at the end of the day it would never be mentioned if Abby wasn't suspended. I'm not going to argue that Shanahan has been perfect, because he hasn't, but I'm not going to whine about it and point out every trivial play from the past that he's missed because I'm upset that a Red Wing player was caught.

For the whole swearing in first grade example, I cannot tell if you and Wingsfan72 are either attempting to troll me or you just do not understand simple underlying concepts and so I will explain the reasoning behind my post. The whole swearing issue in itself is completely irrelevant to the topic of hockey. The focus of my example, however, is the underlying action "you tell on me, I tell on you" and this concept is directly related to the structure of this thread. Instead of being upset about the call and voicing your opinion to the league, you resort to childish antics by pointing out every other team's questionable plays and belittling Shanahan. Essentially, this is nearly identical to how I acted in grade one. I get caught for something, and then try and call out everyone else to make myself feel better. I am not saying you should stop or anything like that because if this is how you cope, then this is how you cope.

Right, where did I say I promoted any of those threads?

I don't think he dropped the ball; Abby clearly elbowed the guy in the head if you watch the video from the angle near the benches. You can make all the excuses you want and complain about how other teams are getting away with hits, but at the end of the day it would never be mentioned if Abby wasn't suspended. I'm not going to argue that Shanahan has been perfect, because he hasn't, but I'm not going to whine about it and point out every trivial play from the past that he's missed because I'm upset that a Red Wing player was caught.

For the whole swearing in first grade example, I cannot tell if you and Wingsfan72 are either attempting to troll me or you just do not understand simple underlying concepts and so I will explain the reasoning behind my post. The whole swearing issue in itself is completely irrelevant to the topic of hockey. The focus of my example, however, is the underlying action "you tell on me, I tell on you" and this concept is directly related to the structure of this thread. Instead of being upset about the call and voicing your opinion to the league, you resort to childish antics by pointing out every other team's questionable plays and belittling Shanahan. Essentially, this is nearly identical to how I acted in grade one. I get caught for something, and then try and call out everyone else to make myself feel better. I am not saying you should stop or anything like that because if this is how you cope, then this is how you cope.

Why can't this be a thread for people to just vent their frustration with the lack of consistency among suspensions? Who cares if it's due to the fact that a Wing got suspended or not? The fact is, the NHL has been completely inconsistent on the basis of their suspensions. That statement right there has nothing to do with the fact that Abdelkader got suspended.

On another note; how about Derek Roy's hit on Brad Stuart