• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

0 penalty minutes for Rig and only 2 for Kronwall in 10 playoff games. Nice job by our top 2.

#42 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

A few years ago Babs described Ericsson as "like Pronger, but without the cross-checks".  It pleases me to see that Ericsson has now added the cross-check to his game.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#43 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Totally agree with the post, though he's been steady for much of the year to the point where it makes the observation almost seem obvious.  Of course, when they signed him to his deal, it seemed anything but.  The observation about some of our young D-men "hiding" behind Lidstrom or Kronwall is accurate - these guys realize nobody is going to do their jobs for them. 

Ericsson has a great slapper, but he doesn't quite have the poise or puckhandling ability to become an elite offensive force.  But his skating out of trouble in his own zone has been very impressive. 

Kindl has also taken massive strides forward - I believe that he's been the biggest difference in the past 2 months (along with DeKeyser before he got hurt).  There's a guy that couldn't even stay in a depleted lineup, and now he looks very steady.  He actually has better hands and makes quicker decisions in the offensive zone, so I wouldn't rule out his offense continuing to improve with more time and confidence.

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I'm saying this as an actual really big Toews fan.

E has made Toews his little ***** in the series so far, and I'm pretty sure I saw Toews cry 4 or 5 times cause of the amount E is riding him.  Z is apparently getting under Toews skin pretty bad too, but E is just giving it to him bad.  I love it.  Toews can't step up from the 1st round cause our boys are playing him too hard.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 gowingsgo

gowingsgo

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Staying out of the box and playing solid hard nosed defense is critical. Lidstrom was so damned good at staying out of the box and we had our other d-men taking minors in big games. If these guys can keep playing physical without getting penalized we are going to continue playing for a few more weeks.

NHL Playoffs = Mule Season. Lets Go Wings