• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

What do we need this off-season?

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

I'm not implying anything here. I'm loving watching our team right now. I just like off-season discussions.

I don't know how many players we can buy-out (there are five I'd like to - Sammy, Quincey, Colo, Bert, Eaves). But, if we can add a real-deal sniper and a solid proven defenseman (preferably a good right-hander).. I'd love the off-season.

Who do you guys think some potential FA or trade candidates might be?

Mule-Pav-*???*
Val/???-Hank-Brunner
Gus-Jarnkrok-Tatar
Abby-Helm-Andersson
Emmerton, Tootoo

Kronwall-*???*
DeKeyser-Ericsson
Smith-Kindl
Lashoff

Howard
Gust

I don't think we will use both buyouts although it would be nice to use one on a forward and one on a defenceman to free up roster space. Otherwise Nyquist will be back in the AHL next season.

I'd probably look to buyout Quincey or Colaiacovo and Samuelsson. That would give us a few million dollars in extra cap space to re-sign Flip or to take on a bigger salary in trade for some of our prospect depth.

Realistically though, re-signing Flip, Kindl, Brunner and Tatar will be our offseason moves and we'll go into next year with a nearly identical line-up.

heres realistically

buyout? HA id s*** myself

sams will stay on top 6, NTC

so will bert

q isnt going anywhere

cola will be a 7th unless a trade unlikely

resign flip, miller, brunner, smith, kindl

s*** i wouldnt even be surprised if they resigned cleary

some big free agents but theyre old

I think we should either go for a proven scorer who isn't a superstar, or a better version of abdelkader to make room for the superstars.

Nothing else, unless someone jumps out at us (like Hossa in 2008).

Free agents that jump out to me:

ribiero

morrow

Horton

clowe

gagne

Ryder

penner

Roy

Some of those guys might be a little pricey, but if we could get 1-2 of those guys I would be extatic

I love our core right now, and with our young guys only getting better I think we're just a couple pieces away from greatness once again

Edited by wingsfan4795

The problem is that sniper that we need probably isn't going to be out there come July 1st unless we explore trades which we all know Holland is such a fan of.

We can teach Dustin Penner to be the next Tomas holmstrom

Guest The Axe

Holland has these things to do:

1) extend Days thru 18/19 = 7 mil per.

2) sign Flip = 7 years, 4.5 per.

3) Get rid of Cleary, White, Colo, Bert, Sammy, Miller, Eaves, Gustavsson, and Tootoo one way or the other.

Zetterbrrg-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filppula-Helm-Tatar

Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner

Sheahan+Emmerton-Frk

Nestrosil

Ericsson-Kronwall

DeKeyser-Kindl

Quincey-Smith

Lashoff, Almquist

Howard

Mrazek

Keep the youth movement trucking!

I would like to see the following changes (without naming any UFA names to acquire, we all know we need some more scoring and a possibly via trade a #1 Defender.)

I know I will get flamed for mentioning Franzen, but I think Holland should try to find a team that would take on that long contract. I still think Vancouver is the logical place and considering there horrific dump thus far in the playoffs, they will be looking for some changes as well. So after the season, possibly at the draft I trade Franzen. For this scenario, I am trading Franzen for Burrows. (just hypothetical)

If Filppula also will not come down from his $5M demand, I also trade his rights at the draft or at least before he becomes a UFA. Not sure what he would bring being a pending UFA, but the prices have been pretty high around the league for pending UFA's, so he may bring more than expected... for this scenario I am trading him to Dallas for Erik Cole. (hypothetical)

Ok, flame on with those two, but I think the rest of what I think we need to do will garner more support from you guys.

Ian White - leaves as a UFA. Obviuosly there is no room for him and Babcock has no intention of playing him anyhow...

Drew Miller - leaves as a UFA. He would be missed, but roster spots are scarce and Patrick Eaves is already signed for another year, so unless there is a trade that involves Eaves, I think Miller will not be here next season...

Daniel Cleary - leaves as a UFA. Thank you Dan for the years and heart, but again, roster spots are scarce and its time to move on to youth.

Todd Bertuzzi - Either an amnesty buyout or LTIR. Either way, his roster spot and cap hit is needed. Again, it's obviously Babcock has no interest in playing him, or he just isn't healthy enough.

Mikael Samuelsson - Amnesty Buyout. Period. He has no place on this team, no matter what he does in the remaining playoff games, his spot is needed and so is his cap hit.

Carlo Coliaicovo - Either amnesty buyout or sent to the minors (if buyouts are used on Bert and Sammy) and if he happens to clear waivers his "buried" cap hit will only be $1.575M instead of his full $2.5M. Sure its valuable cap space, but with the emergence of Jakub Kindl and the sign of Danny Dekeyser, there just is no room for him, unless the Wings want to carry 8 defensemen, but that $925K in cap relief could come in handy. If we are lucky someone claims him and we lose the entire $2.5M.

We obviously re-sign Damien Brunner, Joakim Andersson, Gustav Nyquist, Brenden Smith & Jakub Kindl. Then all season long you work on getting Danny D re-signed long term and try to convince Datsyuk to re-sign for a couple more seasons...

So that leaves me with a roster like this:

Burrows - Datsyuk - Tatar

Cole - Zetterberg - Brunner

Andersson - Helm - Nyquist

Tootoo - Emmerton - Abdelkader

Eaves

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Kindl

Quincey - Smith

Lashoff

Howard

Monster

...this is just me, I really don't see Holland trading Franzen, but if any team calls about him, it'll be Vancouver and it's my opinion that Burrows is a much more consistent player, and a completely different type of player than Franzen. It is likely that Filppula is not a Red Wing next year if he doesn't come down from $5M, to more like $4M. But still, its time to change and Val just doesn't add up to what we need in the East.

Like I said, I don't even want to drop any UFA names because I too think the UFA crop this year will get WAY overpaid... I do like the idea of Clowe and/or Penner on this team for size. The possibilities are endless. I just hope Holland doesn't "like this team" and keep it the same for his virgin voyage in to the Eastern Conference...changes are needed.

Holland has these things to do:

1) extend Days thru 18/19 = 7 mil per.
2) sign Flip = 7 years, 4.5 per.
3) Get rid of Cleary, White, Colo, Bert, Sammy, Miller, Eaves, Gustavsson, and Tootoo one way or the other.

Zetterbrrg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Filppula-Helm-Tatar
Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner
Sheahan+Emmerton-Frk

Nestrosil

Ericsson-Kronwall
DeKeyser-Kindl
Quincey-Smith

Lashoff, Almquist

Howard
Mrazek

Keep the youth movement trucking!

$4.5M too much for Val...and no way Frk, Sheahan or Nestrosil are ready for the NHL, especially the East. They may get some time, but they need to get gradual time...Tootoo also needs to stay for our journey East.

Edited by LeftWinger

Buyout:

Samuelson

Trade:

Filpulla

in:

Clarkson please - guy can turn into a beast, is a gritty forward and could open a lot of space for Pasha

Scott, McGrattan - no brainer you can not go into the east without an enforcer

and now the hardest part:

a legit number 1 defenseman, offersheet one if the chance is there.

Other than that, keep bringin up the young guns and look and let them learn, I love watching Dekeyser, Brunner, Tatar, Nyquist, Smith play.

I used to think Clowe could work here, until I realized he was traded away because he had a tendency to take way too many untimely penalties and the Sharks are better for getting rid of him.

Guest The Axe

I would like to see the following changes (without naming any UFA names to acquire, we all know we need some more scoring and a possibly via trade a #1 Defender.)

I know I will get flamed for mentioning Franzen, but I think Holland should try to find a team that would take on that long contract. I still think Vancouver is the logical place and considering there horrific dump thus far in the playoffs, they will be looking for some changes as well. So after the season, possibly at the draft I trade Franzen. For this scenario, I am trading Franzen for Burrows. (just hypothetical)

If Filppula also will not come down from his $5M demand, I also trade his rights at the draft or at least before he becomes a UFA. Not sure what he would bring being a pending UFA, but the prices have been pretty high around the league for pending UFA's, so he may bring more than expected... for this scenario I am trading him to Dallas for Erik Cole. (hypothetical)

Ok, flame on with those two, but I think the rest of what I think we need to do will garner more support from you guys.

Ian White - leaves as a UFA. Obviuosly there is no room for him and Babcock has no intention of playing him anyhow...

Drew Miller - leaves as a UFA. He would be missed, but roster spots are scarce and Patrick Eaves is already signed for another year, so unless there is a trade that involves Eaves, I think Miller will not be here next season...

Daniel Cleary - leaves as a UFA. Thank you Dan for the years and heart, but again, roster spots are scarce and its time to move on to youth.

Todd Bertuzzi - Either an amnesty buyout or LTIR. Either way, his roster spot and cap hit is needed. Again, it's obviously Babcock has no interest in playing him, or he just isn't healthy enough.

Mikael Samuelsson - Amnesty Buyout. Period. He has no place on this team, no matter what he does in the remaining playoff games, his spot is needed and so is his cap hit.

Carlo Coliaicovo - Either amnesty buyout or sent to the minors (if buyouts are used on Bert and Sammy) and if he happens to clear waivers his "buried" cap hit will only be $1.575M instead of his full $2.5M. Sure its valuable cap space, but with the emergence of Jakub Kindl and the sign of Danny Dekeyser, there just is no room for him, unless the Wings want to carry 8 defensemen, but that $925K in cap relief could come in handy. If we are lucky someone claims him and we lose the entire $2.5M.

We obviously re-sign Damien Brunner, Joakim Andersson, Gustav Nyquist, Brenden Smith & Jakub Kindl. Then all season long you work on getting Danny D re-signed long term and try to convince Datsyuk to re-sign for a couple more seasons...

So that leaves me with a roster like this:

Burrows - Datsyuk - Tatar

Cole - Zetterberg - Brunner

Andersson - Helm - Nyquist

Tootoo - Emmerton - Abdelkader

Eaves

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Kindl

Quincey - Smith

Lashoff

Howard

Monster

...this is just me, I really don't see Holland trading Franzen, but if any team calls about him, it'll be Vancouver and it's my opinion that Burrows is a much more consistent player, and a completely different type of player than Franzen. It is likely that Filppula is not a Red Wing next year if he doesn't come down from $5M, to more like $4M. But still, its time to change and Val just doesn't add up to what we need in the East.

Like I said, I don't even want to drop any UFA names because I too think the UFA crop this year will get WAY overpaid... I do like the idea of Clowe and/or Penner on this team for size. The possibilities are endless. I just hope Holland does "like this team" and keep it the same for his virgin voyage in to the Eastern Conference...changes are needed.

$4.5M too much for Val...and no way Frk, Sheahan or Nestrosil are ready for the NHL, especially the East. They may get some time, but they need to get gradual time...Tootoo also needs to stay for our journey East.

I forgot Abby, too. Remove Sheahan and put Abby there. I just don't like the crop of UFA's this year.

Is Mrazek ready?

Probably not for a few more years. He'll get the call-up in case of injury but they won't have him sitting on the bench when he can be starting tons of games for what should be a very very good farm club.

Buyout:

Samuelson

Trade:

Filpulla

in:

Clarkson please - guy can turn into a beast, is a gritty forward and could open a lot of space for Pasha

Scott, McGrattan - no brainer you can not go into the east without an enforcer

and now the hardest part:

a legit number 1 defenseman, offersheet one if the chance is there.

Other than that, keep bringin up the young guns and look and let them learn, I love watching Dekeyser, Brunner, Tatar, Nyquist, Smith play.

Considering the offer sheet. There aren't that many RFA's that would be worth losing multiple drafts picks over. The top two are Pietrangelo and Bogosian, are they legit #1 guys? I am not so sure. Now maybe a trade involving Flip and/or Franzen plus prospects for a REAL #1 guy, but who and who would want to get rid of them? I do like the changes though, its painfully obvious we need to change to compete in the East, lets just hope Holland isn't oblivious to that fact and keeps the same team....

I forgot Abby, too. Remove Sheahan and put Abby there. I just don't like the crop of UFA's this year.

Ya, not too much available UFA, plus like I mentioned they will be WAY too expensive. It's best to change this team makeup by trades and the two viable and tradable guys are Franzen and Filppula (before he becomes UFA) any other players would be throw ins with these guys...

Ya, not too much available UFA, plus like I mentioned they will be WAY too expensive. It's best to change this team makeup by trades and the two viable and tradable guys are Franzen and Filppula (before he becomes UFA) any other players would be throw ins with these guys...

I disagree. There's some good specialty players available in this years UFA crop. The ones I mentioned earlier in this thread would all be welcome aquisitions

I think we should either go for a proven scorer who isn't a superstar, or a better version of abdelkader to make room for the superstars.

Nothing else, unless someone jumps out at us (like Hossa in 2008).

Free agents that jump out to me:

ribiero

morrow

Horton

clowe

gagne

Ryder

penner

Roy

Some of those guys might be a little pricey, but if we could get 1-2 of those guys I would be extatic

I love our core right now, and with our young guys only getting better I think we're just a couple pieces away from greatness once again

Honestly, I think out of your list, Michael Ryder would be a perfect fit here. Dude can snipe and he's right handed as a bonus. If we got him and didn't re-sign guys like Cleary and maybe even let Flip go if he wants too much, then we can still have the Nyquist's and Tatar's in the line up and acquire a guy like Ryder.

I like the looks of:

Z-Dats-Abby

Mule-Helm-Ryder

Brunner-Andersson-Goose

Tootoo-Emmerton-Tatar

Miller/Tuzzi

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Smith

Lashoff-Kindl

Quincey

I wish Quincey wasn't here and Almqvist could come up and play half the games, but 1 more year and Q should be gone. Buyout Colo and Sammy.

We need a reality check. Get rid of some floaters and free agent mistakes and get players about to reach their prime, with heart, grit, and who can stay healthy. I would rather not limit this to free agents, make some trades, get creative, not just checking names off a list.

Guest The Axe

We need a reality check. Get rid of some floaters and free agent mistakes and get players about to reach their prime, with heart, grit, and who can stay healthy. I would rather not limit this to free agents, make some trades, get creative, not just checking names off a list.

You realize our GM doesnt do these things, right?