• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

What do we need this off-season?

Rate this topic

Honestly, I think out of your list, Michael Ryder would be a perfect fit here. Dude can snipe and he's right handed as a bonus. If we got him and didn't re-sign guys like Cleary and maybe even let Flip go if he wants too much, then we can still have the Nyquist's and Tatar's in the line up and acquire a guy like Ryder.

I like the looks of:

Z-Dats-Abby

Mule-Helm-Ryder

Brunner-Andersson-Goose

Tootoo-Emmerton-Tatar

Miller/Tuzzi

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Smith

Lashoff-Kindl

Quincey

I wish Quincey wasn't here and Almqvist could come up and play half the games, but 1 more year and Q should be gone. Buyout Colo and Sammy.

Yes, I like the Ryder idea. That was my first thought when I saw that list.

You all that put Abby on the 4th line are dreaming. He is finally developing into that top 6 guy. He is only going to get better too. Let the team develop please!!!!

This playoff year is huge because of that reason. Andersson is our new 3rd line center. Possibly 4th line if Helm returns.

Dekeyser and Smith will be our shutdown pair for the next 5 years.

Look at what development has done for Big Rig.... He looks great out there poised and ready. No need to rush Sproul or Oulette let them cook.

Frk is not ready, you have to be able to play D on this team as well as O.

Sheahan will get his shot next year Tartar will be a regular next year, and I will even say Mrazek will back up Howie other than that. We need to fill with decent free agents and signing Pavel is a must!!!

You all that put Abby on the 4th line are dreaming. He is finally developing into that top 6 guy. He is only going to get better too. Let the team develop please!!!!

This playoff year is huge because of that reason. Andersson is our new 3rd line center. Possibly 4th line if Helm returns.

Dekeyser and Smith will be our shutdown pair for the next 5 years.

Look at what development has done for Big Rig.... He looks great out there poised and ready. No need to rush Sproul or Oulette let them cook.

Frk is not ready, you have to be able to play D on this team as well as O.

Sheahan will get his shot next year Tartar will be a regular next year, and I will even say Mrazek will back up Howie other than that. We need to fill with decent free agents and signing Pavel is a must!!!

Honestly I am seeing Andersson staying the 3rd line center with the emergence of Emmerton....

Datsyuk, Helm, Andersson, Emmerton... That keeps Hank and Pav together and it also keeps the kid line together on the 3rd. I like Emmerton, Abby and Tootoo for a 4th line with Eaves rotating in and out. If we can acquire someone like Erik Cole to play next to Helm on the 2nd line that would a pretty sizeable line to play against...

erik cole is finished ... theres a reason montreal got rid of him and why he continued sucking ass in dallas so NO THANKS

ryder has a shot but thats all he has he doesnt bring anything else , doesnt play 2 way and doesnt show up in the playoffs babcock would hate him .... again no thanks

burrows for franzen? no thanks ... mule is inconsistent yes but he shows up in the playoffs when it counts ... besides i dont think anyone would take him

In order of need, IMO:

1. A goal-scoring winger

2. Top four d-man

3. A reliable backup for Jimmy

#2 and #3 probably will not happen unless someone like Weber becomes available and I think Monster will be fine given an entire season...

I think we need 2 top 6 winger on this team...

Trade Val to Dallas for Erik Cole

Trade Franzen to Vancouver for Alexandre Burrows

Draft one of: Anthony Mantha, Kirby Rychel, Valentin Zykov, Frederik Gauthier, Ryan Pulock, Steve Santini or Madison Bowey...

Found this Bleacher Report from April 30th. It's a mock draft for 2013. Of course the bottom 16 isn't set in stone yet. They have Detroit drafting, Alexander Wennberg with their 1st rounder.... :bad:

If that happens or any other European pick like it, Holland needs his head lopped off. I will be in serious doubt of the direction this team. Holland would be absolutely asinine to draft this route anymore...

really need a veteran backup goalie. we haven't had a reliable back up since Conklin the first time around.

Sure would have been nice to scoop up Vokoun when we had the chance the last two season UFA, eh?

Edited by LeftWinger

Found this Bleacher Report from April 30th. It's a mock draft for 2013. Of course the bottom 16 isn't set in stone yet. They have Detroit drafting, Alexander Wennberg with their 1st rounder.... :bad:

If that happens or any other European pick like it, Holland needs his head lopped off. I will be in serious doubt of the direction this team. Holland would be absolutely asinine to draft this route anymore...

Sure would have been nice to scoop up Vokoun when we had the chance the last two season UFA, eh?

Amen to that.

Sure, if he weren't soft, lazy, and so fragile that pancakes can injure him.

I'm just curious - genuine question. Is there a single player in the entire league on another team that would you like us to go after? Because I honestly can't remember you ever being positive about another player that we have been linked with, or another poster has suggested.

Yes, cause not only would we have a solid back up, but the Penguins would be out of the playoffs.

hes young , let him play another 2 full years in the ahl before backing up for one year and taking over the nhl

I agree. I have seen Mrz a lot with the Griffins this year, and he is very good. The problem is that he has been prone to crappy games at times. Yes, he has the skill set to be a great goalie and he has achieved so much in his young career. I just feel that he is going to need to prove himself over the course of a full season in the AHL and hopefully in a couple long playoff runs.

Guest Crymson

I'm just curious - genuine question. Is there a single player in the entire league on another team that would you like us to go after? Because I honestly can't remember you ever being positive about another player that we have been linked with, or another poster has suggested.

Are we talking about trades or about UFAs?