• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

really need a veteran backup goalie. we haven't had a reliable back up since Conklin the first time around.

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Found this Bleacher Report from April 30th. It's a mock draft for 2013.  Of course the bottom 16 isn't set in stone yet.  They have Detroit drafting, Alexander Wennberg with their 1st rounder.... :bad:

If that happens or any other European pick like it, Holland needs his head lopped off. I will be in serious doubt of the direction this team. Holland would be absolutely asinine to draft this route anymore...

really need a veteran backup goalie. we haven't had a reliable back up since Conklin the first time around.

Sure would have been nice to scoop up Vokoun when we had the chance the last two season UFA, eh?

Edited by LeftWinger, 12 May 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#63 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Found this Bleacher Report from April 30th. It's a mock draft for 2013.  Of course the bottom 16 isn't set in stone yet.  They have Detroit drafting, Alexander Wennberg with their 1st rounder.... :bad:

If that happens or any other European pick like it, Holland needs his head lopped off. I will be in serious doubt of the direction this team. Holland would be absolutely asinine to draft this route anymore...

Sure would have been nice to scoop up Vokoun when we had the chance the last two season UFA, eh?

Amen to that.

#64 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Sure, if he weren't soft, lazy, and so fragile that pancakes can injure him.

I'm just curious - genuine question.  Is there a single player in the entire league on another team that would you like us to go after?  Because I honestly can't remember you ever being positive about another player that we have been linked with, or another poster has suggested.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#65 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yes, cause not only would we have a solid back up, but the Penguins would be out of the playoffs.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#66 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

A name nobody has mentioned is Viktor Stalberg. I would take him in a heartbeat...

I didn't see him on the UFA list. If he's a UFA I would love him

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#67 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

hes young , let him play another 2 full years in the ahl before backing up for one year and taking over the nhl

I agree.  I have seen Mrz a lot with the Griffins this year, and he is very good.  The problem is that he has been prone to crappy games at times.  Yes, he has the skill set to be a great goalie and he has achieved so much in his young career.  I just feel that he is going to need to prove himself over the course of a full season in the AHL and hopefully in a couple long playoff runs.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#68 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

I didn't see him on the UFA list. If he's a UFA I would love him

He is, and given the cap problems Chicago is going to run into I doubt he gets resigned.

#69 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

He is, and given the cap problems Chicago is going to run into I doubt he gets resigned.

Ya, they only have $2M cap avail.  Folks will not be on the Hawks next year that are there now...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#70 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm just curious - genuine question.  Is there a single player in the entire league on another team that would you like us to go after?  Because I honestly can't remember you ever being positive about another player that we have been linked with, or another poster has suggested.

Are we talking about trades or about UFAs?

#71 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Danny Heatley is "work ethic":  he's not got one.

#72 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Are we talking about trades or about UFAs?

Both

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#73 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

I think we should put a hold on this thread for a while. :)