• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Ducks 3 (OT) - (ANA leads series 3-2)

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

xySiAI5.jpg

How do I upload the image directly, so I don't have to upload it to an image hosting website first? The image lost quite a bit of quality.

Edited by Matt

A great 24 hours:

Penguins lose. Crosby crying. *check*

Canucks lose and go home, the overrated clowns they always are. *check*

Leafs blaming the refs for being down in their series, and Boston talking like Cup champs of 2 years ago. *check*

Tonight, I hope whatever is left of Samuelssons memory - he'd do well to remember what those two guys on his line represent. This is one of your last opportunities, Sammy. And NO wristshots to the chest, okay?

I expect every player to be ready to fight through Anaheims cheap shots and Perrys big mouth, and look to the crest on their jersey as inspiration.

Nobody thought we would make the playoffs (laughable) ... and now we are 2 W's away from a very classic matchup versus Chicago. If we play the way we did in Game 4, we can wrap this up Friday. The Duckies have NO response to our hardwork and hustle - that much is obvious.

""TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED""

Go Wings!!!

Edited by motorcitykid

I really wish Sammy would be dropped to line two, Bert with Dats and Z and Cleary to line four (if he has to play)...Sorry I should have put that in Axe's whining thread...I'm off today and looking forward to tonight's game!! I hope we can stay strong and grind out another win here. I do think we have looked good and with the right attitude and a couple tweaks we are right there! LGW

Wings need to do a MUCH better job combating the Ducks forecheck. Almost every goal we've conceded has come off of it. Either we win the first battle and the Ducks get a second man in to pick up the loose puck, OR we have control of it behind the net and we get sloppy or take too long.

If we can do that, I'm confident we can win. Cleary with the GWG in a 14-3 rout.

Game Five, Conference-Era Playoff Format (since 1993-94)
This is the 32nd Game Five in a Conference Playoff Series, with the Club's record in the previous 31 games:
15W-16L
This is the 9th Game Five in a Conference Playoff Series without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 8 games:
2W-6L
This is the 14th Game Five in a Conference Quarter-finals, with the Club’s record in the previous 13 games:
8W-5L
This is the 3rd Game Five in a Conference Quarter-finals without home-ice advantage, with the Club’s record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L
Game Five in a Conference Quarter-finals with the series 2-2 (since 1993-94)
This is the 18th Game Five Conference Playoff Series with the series 2-2, with the Club's record in the previous 17 games:
9W-8L
This is the 3rd Game Five in a Conference Quarter-finals Series, with the series 2-2 without home-ice advantage, with the Club's record in the previous 2 games:
1W-1L
On This Day
May 8
This is the 8th playoff game played on this date, with the Club’s record in the previous 7 games:
2W-5L

This is the 1st playoff game v. Anaheim played on this day
LGW.

Tonight's Officials

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Kevin Pollock (33) Linesmen Pierre Racicot (65), Darren Gibbs (66)

I think whoever takes tonight's game takes the series. Hopefully Detroit plays a full 60 minutes worth of agressive hockey. PUT THE PUCK ON NET, and capitalize on rebounds. No need for any fancy tic-tac-toe passes. Please Wings do not lose the game and cause me to have a stroke.

GO WINGS!

Any word whether there will be line switches tonight? Mostly thinking about Sammy still on the first line and/or Smith and Quincy still being a pairing.