• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Ducks 3 (OT) - (ANA leads series 3-2)

Rate this topic

......and that's why it's important to win face offs in your own zone. Great job Babs!

yep. i think that goal came off the 23rd defensive zone faceoff loss tonight.

I am doing some work at home and more listening to the game than watching it. So far the only names I keep hearing are: datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kindl, Lashoff, Smith and a lot of Howard. Is the rest of the team even dressed? Or arewe playing just 6 guys tonight? Sorry, heard Franzen twice: goal and penalty. Not good enough guys.

I am wondering why Babcock is even playing Sammy. He looks AWFUL. Not only is he not even shooting the puck, but he cannot even receive a simple breakout pass. IMO bert looks great again, and was one of the few players that looked good that period... he should DEFS be on the top line over Sammy.

Other than that, the period played out pretty much as I imagined. The Ducks do NOT want to go back to the Joe where the Wings can eliminate them and are going to play their hearts out in this game. Howard was fantastic, the rest of the team was mostly a step behind. I think the WIngs will regroup, focus and come out stronger next period. They need to be much much better in FO's, and need to get shots to Hiller and start taking the game over.

Doesn't look like Babcock trusts his defense very much.

Most of Anaheim's shots are coming from the point, so we're not challenging the point men enough. Seems like coach is afraid to challenge the point men, which would mean leaving the rest of the ice more open, for creative plays by Anaheim.