• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Ducks 3 (OT) - (ANA leads series 3-2)

Rate this topic

Detroit should just decline any PP opportunities. No team in the league hits more posts than Detroit. Reminds m eof the series when Yzerman hit the post against the Avalanche. Detroit went on to lose the series. This is very similar.

Guest irishock

I said "might"

;)

No you're right. This team's done and everyone knows it.

What a typical detroit red wings 2013 end to that period. Jesusf****** christ

I don't agree with anything you say ever but you are right on this one, just a complete lapse for 5 minutes. All I know is that I would get Gus out there alot this period. He is buzzing with Andersson and Brun

The wings really make me sick sometimes. Howards finally answering the call, and the Wings are doing everything they can to lose. Samuelsson even scored for f*** sakes. Need a big 3rd here.

can't ever seem to get everybody on the same page at the same time

not enough mojo to go around, I guess

Detroit should just decline any PP opportunities. No team in the league hits more posts than Detroit. Reminds m eof the series when Yzerman hit the post against the Avalanche. Detroit went on to lose the series. This is very similar.

that was in '99 IIRC, we were up 2-0 in that series too before blowing it

Some of you guys are acting like children. Bench Eaves? He made one bad play... but he has been one of our best players this series... always providing energy, getting shots to the net. It was not Smith's fault that he got a bad pass at the blue line like that. IMO the only one to blame is Babcock. He should not have had the 4th line out there on the powerplay. IMO Nyquist has looked FANTASTIC tonight and there was no reason the 2nd pp unit could not go back out once pavs and hank came off. Having the 4th line out there is what led to the turnover, and t he resulting powerplay goal. Therefore, Babcock deserves blame.

Besides that, the Wings played a great period. Dominated play, got good shots to the net, had scoring chances. They hit two posts. The nice thing about the Ducks scoring when they did is it allows the Wings 15 min to regroup and come out strong like in the 2nd. Have some faith.

It's amazing how the posts go from OMG Yea to Wow we suck we shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Calm the F down and watch the play. It's a tie game. People who are making coaching calls just shut up. You're not on the coaching staff for a reason.

The wings really make me sick sometimes. Howards finally answering the call, and the Wings are doing everything they can to lose. Samuelsson even scored for f*** sakes. Need a big 3rd here.

There's no real defensive leader. Kronwall is not the guy. Not to mention the fact that he's incredibly irresponsible when it comes to taking penalty minutes. I'm not saying offense isn't a problem, but I do think not having that go-to leader and stabilizer hurts this team. Leaders make the guys around them better; they light the fires under people. We don't have that guy on defense.

But really, that has nothing to do with that goal, which was just a sloppy play in the offensive zone. But in general, this team doesn't seem to know how to get on the same page and protect a lead and shut a team down. That last five minute stretch was rough, but remember game 2?!?

Everybody is so negative and it's a tied game? Yikes. Was the 5min power play bad? Yes. Was letting getzlaf walk on bad? Yes. Was the eaves pass to smith bad, handcuffing him? Yes.

Is this series over? NO.

Huge third period coming up here.

Some of you guys are acting like children. Bench Eaves? He made one bad play... but he has been one of our best players this series... always providing energy, getting shots to the net. It was not Smith's fault that he got a bad pass at the blue line like that. IMO the only one to blame is Babcock. He should not have had the 4th line out there on the powerplay. IMO Nyquist has looked FANTASTIC tonight and there was no reason the 2nd pp unit could not go back out once pavs and hank came off. Having the 4th line out there is what led to the turnover, and t he resulting powerplay goal. Therefore, Babcock deserves blame.

Besides that, the Wings played a great period. Dominated play, got good shots to the net, had scoring chances. They hit two posts. The nice thing about the Ducks scoring when they did is it allows the Wings 15 min to regroup and come out strong like in the 2nd. Have some faith.

Only true die hard loyal fansdo Wings Fanatic not bandwagoners

Edited by sjr2012

Agree, definitely didn't like the play and he's not perfect, but he's been solid most of the time.