• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

WCQF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Ducks 3 (OT) - (ANA leads series 3-2)

Rate this topic

Yeah, but they had Crosby.

Bad example.

Ok, how about in 2002 when the Wings dropped game 5 at home to Colorado and had to win Game 6 on the road and then ousted Roy in game 7. :D

Guest Crymson

If Detroit plays like they did tonight its over, they need to come out in game 6 and play 60 mins or it is over.

That is an overused and patently ridiculous line. When was the last time you saw a team come out and dominate all 60 minutes? Hockey games ebb and flow, not in the least because these are two teams of professional athletes. The Ducks did not play 60 minutes either, by your definition.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

I wonder what kind of pathetic, sheepish display we'll see from the two of you if the Wings win the series.

get real...it's over.

Gut check time for the Wings. Game 6 should be a good one in Detroit. If they want it bad enough, they should win it.

The Wings had their chances today, but they need to finish. Howard was outstanding today. Zetterberg had 2 assists but he seemed invisible tonight.

Ah well, lets see what Friday brings.

Lets go Wings!

Guest Crymson

Ok, how about in 2002 when the Wings dropped game 5 at home to Colorado and had to win Game 6 on the road and then ousted Roy in game 7. :D

How about in 2011 when the Bruins were down 2-3 against the Canucks? The Capitals down 2-3 to the Rangers in 2009? History is rife with examples.

But some people would prefer to give up early so they won't be disappointed.

I wonder what kind of pathetic, sheepish display we'll see from the two of you if the Wings win the series.

Either way, I will be here. Point being is that if Detroit plays another game like this they'll be eliminated. As much as I'd like to be a homer I try to look at things as realistic as possible. I want them to pull it out in this series as much as you.

Guest irishock

But game 7 was at home.

And we had Boyd Deveraux on that team.

We also had Mathieu Dandenault, who would be probably be the 3rd best defensemen on this team right now if he suited up.

Can't clear the zone yet again.

Haunted them all night and really most of the series so far.

The five minute PP failure and Getzlaf goal after changed the game entirely. Wings had them on the ropes and the momentum instead went back to the Ducks.

The Red Wings will respond on Friday and force this to seven games.

What makes me really sad is that Jimmy played outstanding and gave us a real chance to win it. And we blew it, like professionals. There better be some changes in our lineup come Game 6 (but there won't be any).

except Abby back in Sammy back out